1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dave Goelz to be honored for 40 years of puppetry.

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by dwayne1115, Jun 23, 2016.

1. backpackmina

backpackmina Active Member

Why do you think that?

2. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

No disrespect to Jarrod but, I feel that the Mindset is turning more into a Muppet Central wannabe. That's my opinion only.

backpackmina likes this.
  3. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Sorry that I haven't posted in awhile. I've been going thru a new-computer-transition kinda scenario...anyway, has anyone got plans for the big honor event? Last I heard, CPA's still gonna do Jim's birthday tomorrow...

4. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

...Just checked my schedule: there's too little people working in the family house. (And u know what they say, 'too little, too late'. :sigh:) I'm unable to attend CPA or JHC for Frog Day tomorrow. Therefore, will need others to post those events for the coming sunrise...

5. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

So did anyone actually go to this Honour dinner thing? I'm surprised nothing has come up on social media about it.

6. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Yeah, that is strange...:concern:

7. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if someone from Toughpigs went. Maybe they'll have a recap of the event like they do with most others.

8. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

A friend of mine who works at the Center with me posted this picture: https://www.instagram.com/p/BKyaQ8Dgsl9137eQw8vhj55EqmPLKFbybHqiRE0/. I really want this to be on YT, but for obvious reasons, that probably won't happen.

9. Pig's Laundry

That's awesome! If i'm not mistaken, Muppets, Sesame Street and JHC characters have been at a couple of the same events in the last few years, but legally they weren't allowed to appear at the same time or interact with each other. So it's great that they finally got to share the stage with each other once again, even though they probably didn't actually interact with each other.

10. MuppetSpot

Was there SST characters in the picture, I didn't see any but, Red, Rowlf, & Gonzo I wish I could have been there. Also I wonder if Kevin Clash perform?

11. antsamthompson9

Kevin was there as was Leslie Carrara. I don't know if they preformed though.

12. Pig's Laundry

Here's a video that Matt Vogel made for the event:

13. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

There was a Fraggle Rock performance with Red (Karen Prell), Gobo (John Tartalgia), Mokey (Donna Kimball), and Wembley (...Kevin Clash!).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  14. MuppetSpot

I'm glad to see Kevin performing characters again, it would have been cool if he could perform Elmo for this event. Also I wish this was on Youtube.

ShMuppetgal96 and Mo Frackle like this.
  15. Mo Frackle

Yes, I'm sure we all do. :sigh:

16. antsamthompson9

Do we know for sure that's Kevin? We can't see his face and there was another African-American puppeteer that night.

17. Mo Frackle

This info was passed along by expert Muppet fan Jesse Oliver, who was at the event. Reach out to him if you have any doubts. :)

MikaelaMuppet and MuppetSpot like this.
  18. ShMuppetgal96

ShMuppetgal96 Member

So great to see Kevin still doing what he loves! I'm curious to how his Wembley sounds...

MikaelaMuppet and Mo Frackle like this.
  19. antsamthompson9

I'll take your word for it. I'm rather jealous of Jesse @ploobis, cause he gets to go to all these events and he's Facebook friends with Muppet people who haven't responded to my friend requests.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  20. Pig's Laundry

theSHE124 and MelissaY1 like this.