Daws Butler

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Xerus said:
I agree. :smile: And have you noticed in the Fractured Fairy Tales, most of the kings on there sound like Cap'n Crunch?
I've also noticed that some of his characters in Fractured Fairy Tales sound like Augie Doggy, Yogi Bear, and Huckleberry Hound.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Speaking of which Daws Butler really works well with Don Messick, Sort of like how Jim Henson works well with Frank Oz.

Xerus

Reaction score
Kuriboh Man said:
Speaking of which Daws Butler really works well with Don Messick, Sort of like how Jim Henson works well with Frank Oz.
Those are my thoughts exactly. I think I'll make Don my next V/A focus. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry I haven't replied here yet. Just not into the classic HB as I used to be.
Scooby-Doo's always tops in my book, though I generally don't like many dogs that much... More of a cat person.
And the Laff-a-Lympics were always something I liked... Along with the Fenderbender 500 shorts in Wake/Jump Rattle & Roll. Always tried to pan out the cars' numbering by adding more from that group.

However, a question... With the current focus on Daws Butler and the next one on Don Messik... Who voiced the blatent parodies of Yogi and Bo-Boo in that one episode of The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy?
This was the episode where Billy goes on a picnic, gets assaulted by the bears, runs into the dwarves caves, and gets sucked into a second/main parody of Lord of the Rings over the dwarves and elves' feud relating to that the elves got the cookie business and the dwarves got the mushrooms.

Xerus

Reaction score
The Count said:
Sorry I haven't replied here yet. Just not into the classic HB as I used to be.
Scooby-Doo's always tops in my book, though I generally don't like many dogs that much... More of a cat person.
And the Laff-a-Lympics were always something I liked... Along with the Fenderbender 500 shorts in Wake/Jump Rattle & Roll. Always tried to pan out the cars' numbering by adding more from that group.

However, a question... With the current focus on Daws Butler and the next one on Don Messik... Who voiced the blatent parodies of Yogi and Bo-Boo in that one episode of The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy?
This was the episode where Billy goes on a picnic, gets assaulted by the bears, runs into the dwarves caves, and gets sucked into a second/main parody of Lord of the Rings over the dwarves and elves' feud relating to that the elves got the cookie business and the dwarves got the mushrooms.
Sorry, Count. But I haven't seen that Grim Episode yet. Next time it airs, I'll watch it and let you know. I'd like to see that episode. But I remember in an I.M. Weasel episode, Tom Kenny voiced Boo Boo Bear.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No worries mon... I.M. Weasel? Never heard of it.
And I've noticed the person who voices Adam Lion in My Gym Partner's a Monkey also voiced Pandora or Dora in a recent Grim episode.

Xerus

Reaction score
The Count said:
No worries mon... I.M. Weasel? Never heard of it.
And I've noticed the person who voices Adam Lion in My Gym Partner's a Monkey also voiced Pandora or Dora in a recent Grim episode.
Really, I haven't really caught up with many Grim episodes lately.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah well... It helps that it's one of my top fave shows currently airing and currently still with new episodes.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Excuse Me, But what does this have to do with Daws Butler? and on that Note Mudsy from the Funky Phantom Ghost sound somewhat Similar to Snagglepuss.

trevrook

Reaction score
I have done voice work for radio and television commercials. Anytime I need inspiration I plug in old Flintstones episodes or Muppet shows. I do not copy the voices, but use them as kind of a pep talk. There are many good voice talents out there, but folks like Dawes were really the best.