Daytime Emmy Noms.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well it's always been about money. You know, according to TCM's documentary "Movie Moguls," The Academy of Arts & Sciences was originally started in order to discourage actors from forming their own unions, heh. :stick_out_tongue:
Yes, but there's a difference between you gotta spend money to make money and the new practice of if you have money you have money. Even cheating to get more money requires SPENDING money. The people that run things now are just there and just have money to play with and don't play with very much of it. it's like they have such a mortal fear of actually doing something, they choose the cheapest route and it usually is the route that yields the LEAST amount of profit. It's just that they spend so little money getting there, it doesn't matter success or failure (which is usually the latter).

Thankfully though, despite TV turning into a graveyard, there have been a couple of shows in the past year or so that have renewed my faith and I watch very little new T.V. shows these days. Both "Hot in Cleveland" on TV LAND and "Louie" on F/X have renewed my faith that there is still SOME people out there who care, both were renewed for a second season immediately after their first. Maybe if network TV takes a look at what some of these cable stations are doing, can learn something.
I could get into a WHOLE big thing about FCC deregulation, and how less companies owning more channels leads to less competition (who wants to compete with themselves?) and thus, less choices. There's something about cable that wants to remain kind of competitive so people can still pony up 50+ bucks a month for a stupid wire coming out the back your TV so you'll watched 2 more channels out of a hundred redundant, useless channels. the thing that bugs me is that great TV shows come out of channels that shouldn't have original series all the while channels that SHOULD only air crappy movies until they get a hit (which they run into the ground).

dwmckim

Reaction score
Since you won't find this information on any of the ACTUAL WEBSITES DEVOTED TO COVERING MUPPET/HENSON NEWS, here are the nominations that shows from the Henson Company received:

Outstanding Writing in Animation:
Dinosaur Train

Outstanding Children's Animated Program:
Dinosaur Train
Sid the Science Kid

Why is it that they all basically go over everything about Sesame with a fine tooth comb but then end the respective articles with "and ... oh yeah, that company that starts with the letter H also got some nominations for that Dinosaur Thingy Thing and Sid the Whatshisname Kid and if you really want to know what they are, check out this link to a 50+page document..."

Why do websites devoted to Muppet/Henson news have such a bias against...Henson? (aside from Fraggles)

Did Brian Henson personally kidnap all the webmasters' baby siblings and draw black eyes and Hitler moustaches on them in black permanent marker?

Why is it such a MAJOR ORDEAL and too much to ask that they just at least and ONE EXTRA SENTENCE saying what noms the other Henson properties got?

I miss the Muppet Newsflash.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Since you won't find this information on any of the ACTUAL WEBSITES DEVOTED TO COVERING MUPPET/HENSON NEWS, here are the nominations that shows from the Henson Company received:

Dinosaur Train

Dinosaur Train
Sid the Science Kid
I agree... I don't see why the extra mention of Dino Train and Sid (minus a passing reference) would have been so much a big deal. But when Sesame Street is involved, it just gets bigger press. I do like Sid and Dino Train, but SS will always be a lot more popular. Sid seems to be completely under the radar now... even Dino King seems to have a whirlwind of merchandise. All I ever saw of Sid was a line of meh Plush toys with silk screened faces.

Canadian Fan

Reaction score
Eric definitely deserves the nomination as well as the other performers (they're all excellent). Has anyone seen the video with Bert interviewing Andy Samberg, Eric just a fantastic job as Bert, some of the comments thought it was Frank performing.

Here's part 1 of the interview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxg113O_SRI

MelissaY1

Reaction score

Dinosaur Train

Dinosaur Train
Sid the Science Kid

Why is it that they all basically go over everything about Sesame with a fine tooth comb but then end the respective articles with "and ... oh yeah, that company that starts with the letter H also got some nominations for that Dinosaur Thingy Thing and Sid the Whatshisname Kid and if you really want to know what they are, check out this link to a 50+page document..."

Why do websites devoted to Muppet/Henson news have such a bias against...Henson? (aside from Fraggles)

Did Brian Henson personally kidnap all the webmasters' baby siblings and draw black eyes and Hitler moustaches on them in black permanent marker?

Why is it such a MAJOR ORDEAL and too much to ask that they just at least and ONE EXTRA SENTENCE saying what noms the other Henson properties got?

I miss the Muppet Newsflash.
I agree, if you're going to be a Henson/Muppet fan site you should include OTHER Henson works especially if they're being recognized in the media somewhere. I'll be honest, aside from Muppet and Sesame stuff, the only non regular character project I've liked under the Henson umbrella is Bear in the Big Blue House, and even that I didn't catch regularly when it was on. But I thought it had fun characters and a lot of creativity about it. I never got into Fraggle Rock, Animal Show (though I did catch a few of those), Storyteller was cool, etc. I am a HUGE Labyrinth fan, but that's about it for me....but back to the point of the post, it should definitely be mentioned.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Yes, but there's a difference between you gotta spend money to make money and the new practice of if you have money you have money. Even cheating to get more money requires SPENDING money. The people that run things now are just there and just have money to play with and don't play with very much of it. it's like they have such a mortal fear of actually doing something, they choose the cheapest route and it usually is the route that yields the LEAST amount of profit. It's just that they spend so little money getting there, it doesn't matter success or failure (which is usually the latter).

I could get into a WHOLE big thing about FCC deregulation, and how less companies owning more channels leads to less competition (who wants to compete with themselves?) and thus, less choices. There's something about cable that wants to remain kind of competitive so people can still pony up 50+ bucks a month for a stupid wire coming out the back your TV so you'll watched 2 more channels out of a hundred redundant, useless channels. the thing that bugs me is that great TV shows come out of channels that shouldn't have original series all the while channels that SHOULD only air crappy movies until they get a hit (which they run into the ground).
The only reason I "pony" up the money is because without it I'm not really getting T.V. at all, and there's some great cable shows on now I'm thoroughly enjoying and want to see in first run airings.

I despise the FCC and their retarded rules. They have essentially ruined satellite radio, and everything else they touch.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I despise the FCC and their retarded rules. They have essentially ruined satellite radio, and everything else they touch.
The FCC has become a figurehead of no no's. They're supposed to regulate how many stations and media outlets a single company can own. They haven't since the 90's... that lead to less competition, less choices, more of certain people getting news outlets... now we've got a mess, and it's ruining television.

Companies don't want to compete with each other, especially on Saturday Mornings and in daytime.

To make matters worse, that crap passed with a well meaning but stupid addendum that made children's programing UNPROFITABLE.

All it does now is lazily enforce TV/EI and fine networks (or threaten them with fines) based on complaints by bitter old prudes. it protects NOTHING!

mbmfrog

Reaction score
You might as well give the show the emmy of best preformer on a kids series each year, since most of the nominees are SS preformers. :insatiable:

MelissaY1

Reaction score
The FCC has become a figurehead of no no's. They're supposed to regulate how many stations and media outlets a single company can own. They haven't since the 90's... that lead to less competition, less choices, more of certain people getting news outlets... now we've got a mess, and it's ruining television.

Companies don't want to compete with each other, especially on Saturday Mornings and in daytime.

To make matters worse, that crap passed with a well meaning but stupid addendum that made children's programing UNPROFITABLE.

All it does now is lazily enforce TV/EI and fine networks (or threaten them with fines) based on complaints by bitter old prudes. it protects NOTHING!
Totally agree! That's why the two satellite companies merged, and it's kind of suffering because of it.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I'm placing my bet now...

If Dino Train or Sid wins any of their awards, i'm betting that their wins won't be reported on any of the Muppet news sites.