Dealing with depression and anxiety

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Must ... remember ... vacation ... near ... must ... live with ... irritating ... bullcrap ... vacation ... less than a ... month away...

Sorry. Work issues have me mega-stressed out at the moment. :stick_out_tongue:

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Oh wow Sgt. Floyd, I'm sorry you're feeling this way. Heralde and Charlie are right though. (Sorry, I'm not sure what to add that hasn't been said yet) Thought I totally sympathize with you on the social thing. Don't feel pressured to make friends. I've kinda found that friends made under pressure don't really seem to be friends and don't last long. I myself didn't make many lasting friends in college. The ones I did make were because at one point we found (not forced) something to talk about and it moved on from there.

I'll be praying that things work out for you.

Must ... remember ... vacation ... near ... must ... live with ... irritating ... bullcrap ... vacation ... less than a ... month away...

Sorry. Work issues have me mega-stressed out at the moment. :stick_out_tongue:
Woo hoo! (sarcasm) Gotta love work stress. What irriatating stuff's got you down?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
College is very difficult, I went through the same struggle. But it is possible to get things back up, I wouldn't throw in the towel yet. Have you tried talking to a counselor?

Um, that might be true when you're 60 or something, lol. Trust me, you still have plenty of opportunities. Are there any groups you could get involved in?
There are counselors available, but I haven't talked to anyone. I feel weird telling people my problems face to face. And there are clubs and stuff, the challenge is finding ones that do no interfere with my service learning.

I know that this advice probably wasn't the most helpful, but if you want to talk more, you can message me. I'm very good at responding (unless I'm asleep). I hope you feel better soon.
No you're fine. I appreciate any input I get right now

Oh wow Sgt. Floyd, I'm sorry you're feeling this way. Heralde and Charlie are right though. (Sorry, I'm not sure what to add that hasn't been said yet) Thought I totally sympathize with you on the social thing. Don't feel pressured to make friends. I've kinda found that friends made under pressure don't really seem to be friends and don't last long. I myself didn't make many lasting friends in college. The ones I did make were because at one point we found (not forced) something to talk about and it moved on from there.

I'll be praying that things work out for you.
Thanks. And yes, I agree about the whole being pressured into making friends things. I'm not an assertive person either

Teheheman

Reaction score
The only thing I can say is Don't sweat the small stuff, you'll only get dehydrated. That probably doesn't help in this situation BUT, I CAN say that when you feel like you have no friends, just come on here and realize that people here really care for you. Heck, I'm such a friend to people in here, I'd even kill a guy for you. Maybe not for free, but at a discounted rate.............Ok, maybe not, but if you want somebody eliminated, I DO know a guy...........ok, maybe not, but at LEAST take the dang comfort in thinking that somebody would kill a guy/woman for you. If you're sad or depressed, do what I do. Listen to a CD that'll put you in a good mood right away. For me, it's a good rockin Country album, or something old school, or just anything that gets your mind off your troubles and puts a smile on your face. OR you can message me, and I'll tell you some bad jokes. Just for you, I'll even throw in a Wocka Wocka in there.
LOVE EVERYBODY

Daniel

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
There are counselors available, but I haven't talked to anyone. I feel weird telling people my problems face to face.
I understand. You have to look at it from a practical standpoint. You're not talking about "your problems." You're just asking for advice on raising your GPA so you can complete your education in a successful and expedited fashion. :wink:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
After being sent home today because some construction made me have 2 asthma attacks in an hour and a tremendous anxiety attack, I had to go to the doctor. Now I'm gonna try Celexa (anti-depressant). Wish me luck.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
After being sent home today because some construction made me have 2 asthma attacks in an hour and a tremendous anxiety attack, I had to go to the doctor. Now I'm gonna try Celexa (anti-depressant). Wish me luck.
Aww man, trust an asthma attack to ruin a day. Hope you feel better Piggy