1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Dealing with depression and anxiety

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by charlietheowl, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Oh yes person who said "Congrats to me and Vincent" and then it started an unfounded rumor. :p But all kidding aside thank you I appericate it. :)
    jgidley likes this.
  2. jgidley

jgidley Active Member

Hey thanks a lot Newsman! That makes me feel a lot better:news:
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  3. Zoot the Saxer

Zoot the Saxer Active Member

Good luck! :D I'm sure you'll do fabulously. :cool: Science can be boring, I'll give you that, but if you really just bare down and memorize some stuff it can be quite easy! :D Again, good luck! (to you and the A's...hehehheh! :p)
    jgidley likes this.
  4. Pinkflower7783

5. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

------------
    ...so sayeth Rasta Alien!! :)

--------------
  6. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

I just wrote a poem about somebody struggling with depression and anxiety and suicidal thoughts. It's not very good but I felt like it needed to be written. I don't know if any of you read about a girl named Amanda Todd but if you can, find it and watch her video. It's a sad story and it recently ended with her ending her life. My heart breaks tonight for the people who feel like they have no one and are considering ending their life. The pain they go through is unimaginable. For all the members here, dealing with this, know that I'm praying for you and I love you all.
  7. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for your support and love. It's sad when bullying has such an effect on people's lives. More people need to speak out against this and make sure that everyone has the support that they need so that no one ends up taking their own life.
  8. charlietheowl

Double posting here, but my nerves were totally frayed this afternoon. My parents wanted to take my sister to look at a couple of local college campuses (she's a senior in high school), but everything went to pot. Both my parents refused to look up where one of them was located and got into a heated argument that I had to stop it by screaming at them. Then my dad kept trying to leave the house instead of talking out his problems, my mom asked me and my sister if we wanted our dad to move out, instead of trying to solve the problem, and my sister refused to go visit the colleges with my father. I had to convince my mother to go get my father from outside so all of us could talk things over and finally go out to visit the colleges.

I feel like that I sometimes have to do the emotional heavy lifting in my family because everyone else is just beyond incapable or unwilling.
  9. Pinkflower7783

Oh boy...I don't have siblings so I can't relate on that note but I understand the yelling before trying to talk things out. My dad can be like that sometimes. :/ Hope things get better for you Charlie.

Again I just wanna say I admire you all for being able to talk about your fears, depression, sadness or whatever hard times in life your facing. I only wish I had the courage too as well...I think my main fear of sharing on here is being judged and having people see me differently. *shrugs*
  10. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-------------
    Bleh. Sorry you have to be the responsible one in your family, Charlie. Like you NEEDED extra stress, right? :rolleyes:

"I need the extra shouting like I need two less arms, hokay?"

Too bad your folks won't go to counseling. Sounds like they both need to grow up.
    ---------------
  11. charlietheowl

Thanks guys. I'm hoping that someday they realize the benefits that some counseling could give them. It helped me in the past and once I get my job situation settled I plan on going back. It's just frustrating to me that my parents can handle themselves in a variety of tough situations at work easily but lack the ability to bring that to their personal lives.
  12. Pinkflower7783

I think with the days getting shorter is starting to affect my mood. As much as I love autumn I also dread the season after that because that's when I get what they call the "winter blues." But I'm already starting to feel some effects from it now. Like I just have no energy to do nor want to do anything. -_-
  13. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Not so much depressing or anxious, more impatience if anything, but I really just want the school year to be over already. I got roped into going back to the horrible community college my parents forced me to go to last year which means being stuck at home and I've just had enough. Like I said, after this semester I should have all my classes done (except for two math classes, both of which I'm taking online) and then I'm taking a semester to take classes solely for the sake of taking classes then during the summer I should be going back to the pool I lifeguarded at this past summer then hopefully apply and head out to a four-year school so I can escape back to a dorm. It's just the waiting that gets to me, waiting for this semester to end so it can be over... :)
  14. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

Sorry that the waiting's getting to you Bob. I felt that same way my last year of school. Hang in there :)
  15. jgidley

jgidley Active Member

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm happy to announce I received a 64% on my Science test:(
  16. Pinkflower7783

Oh man that sucks...so sorry
    jgidley likes this.
  17. BobThePizzaBoy

It just got a little easier. Classes for the spring semester just got released by the school today even though registration doesn't start for another month and if all goes according to play and classes don't fill up - I can get myself down to having classes 2 days a week. Having two days of class a week will certainly make the semester go by a lot faster.
  18. SuperGzilla12

SuperGzilla12 Active Member

Glad to hear that it's getting easier for you, buddy.

Just hang tight, my friend, and it'll be over before you know it. :)
  19. BobThePizzaBoy

I'm thinking of it this way: two months of being at school everyday here versus seven months of it... well, I think we know what everyone would prefer. :p I'm a patient man, as shocking as that is to find out, but when it comes to this, it's a "I just wanna get out of Dodge" situation.
  20. Pinkflower7783

I know I sound like a broken record and people are probably tired of me complaining but please continue to keep my in your thoughts at prayers. I don't think I'm adjusting well to this getting dark early stuff.
    DramaQueenMokey likes this.