1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Dealing with depression and anxiety

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by charlietheowl, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Hubert Well-Known Member

Thanks. That really did help me out a lot. I feel like that is very much true. :)
    Pinkflower7783 and charlietheowl like this.
  2. Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

You ever feel left out? You ever feel like maybe somebody's talking bad about you behind your back? Or maybe I'm just being paranoid.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  3. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

YES!!! All the time!!!
  4. AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

5. Hubert Well-Known Member

Sadly, that is often another one of the things that comes with this quiet and shy... :(
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  6. charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I feel like that sometimes. It's not the happiest feeling. Hopefully it passes soon for you. :sympathy:
  7. newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-----------
    The best thing to do about paranoia about the popular crowd whispering and giggling about you, not even having the decency to insult you to your face, is to remember how shallow, petty, and pathetic that type is. Not worth your time, attention, or concern. So what if they mock you? How sad is it for them that making fun of other people is the only way they can bolster their own tiny egos? Worthless psychological runts. Ignore them. Be who you are and the world can take it or leave it.

Trust me. It works MUCH better that way. Plus you're more likely to find and make REAL friends who admire you for YOU.

Hey Hubert. I like the You on here. PM me sometime if you want to just vent. :sympathy:
    -------------
    AlittleMayhem, Hubert and Mo Frackle like this.
  8. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I know I've said this before but being the only Asian in my classes particuarly in elementary school was really hard for me. I'm not saying I got bullied but I did get the occasional Asian stereo type questions...it hurt more when people would ask me about why I looked the way I did. Even now I still have some identity issues resulting from that.
  9. heralde Well-Known Member

I've always been the same way. People were always telling me to "stop being shy" or "tell yourself you won't be shy" but that only made it worse. After a long time I realized I had to learn to love and accept myself, occasional shyness and all. That's just how I am sometimes and there's nothing wrong with that. When you take the pressure off yourself it gets easier to be more comfortable around people.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I've been without power for a week! :coy:
  10. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I've learned sometimes things are easier said then done. People can't change so easily.
  11. heralde Well-Known Member

But that's the thing, I think if change is your goal, then nothing will change. Change has to happen like organically, ya know? :flirt:
  12. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

It's just kinda irritates me when people are like "so just change." I mean it's not like changing from your clothes to your pajamas at night.
    Mo Frackle, heralde and Hubert like this.
  13. Hubert Well-Known Member

Thanks Heralde, that really helped :)
    heralde likes this.
  14. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I thought I was helpful. :p
    heralde likes this.
  15. heralde Well-Known Member

No problem; shy people have to stick together! Lol
    Hubert likes this.
  16. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I consider myself only half shy.
  17. Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Seriously! The non-shy types just don't understand what we go through.
  18. AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

Preach it brother!
    Mo Frackle likes this.
  19. heralde Well-Known Member

The thing is they are told from a young age that being "outgoing" is the better way to be and that's simply a myth. Outgoing and shy are just different from each other, but neither is better. You need both types in society.
    newsmanfan likes this.
  20. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Yeah well it took me a long time and many years to be outgoing. A lot of my shyness came from going through school. I'm not saying I had a terrible time in school but I didn't have a good time either. But then again who did have it easy in school?