1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Dealing with depression and anxiety

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by charlietheowl, Dec 30, 2011.

1. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

2. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

Crappy warehouse job.

3. LittleJerry92

Oh god, yeah, I can understand the frustrations.

4. LittleJerry92

Music is a good cure for depression, but you know what also really helps for me?

Singing.

Putting on some karaoke on YouTube and just blasting away my vocals.

5. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

6. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who looks back fondly on times where I was obscenely depressed (like at my lowest point)? Combining the "Am I the Only One" & depression threads, lol. The situation varies for everyone, but there's something about stripping life to its bare minimum that is beautiful, though of course I wouldn't wish it on anyone or want to go through it again. Certain songs take me right back to that point.

My life is by no means perfect, but I have somehow managed to not be legitimately depressed for like 5 years, so there's that.

Any Del likes this.
  7. LittleJerry92

I actually felt depressed myself last night.

I dunno. Just going out and voting yesterday made me think of how I was in 2016 and I started crying on my bed. :smirk: this is why I've been trying to get rid of anything that I obtained from a result of my then-current extreme conservative mentality; I really just hate looking back at those days.

8. Any Del

Any Del Well-Known Member

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  9. LittleJerry92

Thanks. This is why I get kind of moody when voting week comes in every year. Ever since 2016's horrible election, I just keep thinking of how I almost lost a close friend because of it, I actually lost a friend I used to be close with, and how my personality completely changed that year as a result of the elections.

Any Del likes this.
  10. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

Amen to that! I have friends who turned to music during their depression and they did a complete 180. Singing is really great :sing:, and playing an instrument like guitar :flirt: or piano :D helps a lot as well. Sometimes, I play my drums :halo: to let out stress or frustration. Wish I could play the saxophone, though. :cool:

11. Any Del

Sometimes I wished I never existed.... :(

12. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Sorry. :(

Do you want to talk, because I'm willing to.

13. Any Del

Not right now.

14. LittleJerry92

@Any Del always remember, life sucks, but things work themselves out in the end. You have potential to succeed. Don't give up on that potential.

15. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I'm sorry.

16. Any Del

I'll try.