Dealing with depression and anxiety

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Two things that have been on my mind:
Recently, one of my childhood friends passed away suddenly of a drug overdose. He was days away from his twentieth birthday. It's very sad news…everyone that knew him was hit hard. :cry::frown: I've been wondering, "Why is life so short? Why does it have to be this way?" Of course, all of us Muppet fans know the answer, as Gordon so concisely said: "Just because." :wisdom:
On a completely different note, I am meeting with a very nice and very lovely girl tomorrow at a coffee shop in the afternoon. My musician friends know her because I took her to one of our rehearsals back in September, and it's been a while since I've really chatted with her. I'm just not sure if I should ask her to be my (first) girlfriend or not. I believe in the phrase "nothing ventured, nothing gained," but I'm a bit nervous about screwing things up for both of us. :concern:
Very sorry for your loss.

I'm no dating expert, but if there's one thing I've learned, it's that if you're unsure about something, you might want to spend sometime really thinking about it. Ultimately, you'll be able to figure out what it is that you really want. If you decide to ask her out, then the best of luck to you!

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Two things that have been on my mind:
Recently, one of my childhood friends passed away suddenly of a drug overdose. He was days away from his twentieth birthday. It's very sad news…everyone that knew him was hit hard. :cry::frown: I've been wondering, "Why is life so short? Why does it have to be this way?" Of course, all of us Muppet fans know the answer, as Gordon so concisely said: "Just because." :wisdom:
I'm sorry about losing a friend, especially in such a senseless manner. I don't blame you for wondering about the nature of life and things like that. Hopefully after some time passes and the shock wears off you can remember the good things that your friend did over his short time on earth.

cjd874

Reaction score
Thanks for your support, Mo & Charlie. It means a lot.

I'm no dating expert, but if there's one thing I've learned, it's that if you're unsure about something, you might want to spend sometime really thinking about it. Ultimately, you'll be able to figure out what it is that you really want. If you decide to ask her out, then the best of luck to you!
So we met at the coffee shop, and we discovered a lot in common: we're both musicians and artists…albeit different types of art. She paints, I draw cartoons. But we both agree that art is a great way of expressing human feelings and lifestyles. And at the end, we exchanged phone numbers! :big_grin::wink: It wasn't really a date, but more of a social get-together. But she seemed interested in doing it again, and I think that if this continues, it might eventually blossom into a real relationship, with dates and all. :smile::flirt::drool::excited:

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
I only had one class in the afternoon but afterwards, I just felt really down and grumpy for several reasons.

Firstly, the class I had was learning how to animate on Photoshop, which I already knew how to do. So I pretty much spend most of two hours writing down plans for the project, bored and irritated, while everyone else was getting confused and frustrated because our teacher wasn't giving very clear instructions and sometimes got a bit silly.

Then I realised that I had nothing for tea and didn't de-frost anything so I had to buy some food, despite the fact that I was avoiding to spend money this week. Seeing how low my balance was getting and knowing I was probably still gonna get hungry at midnight but not wanting to snack because I'm trying to save food didn't help either.

I then walked home feeling depressed, angry, grumpy and in between wanting a hug or to talk to someone and wanting to shut myself away from the world.

Then when I got home, I just watched some Muppets clips and I felt really better, even for a second. I guess when I fell out of the fandom that I forgot how they can be a self therapy to me.

Of course, it doesn't make the problem go away.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Sorry you're feeling this way, it sounds like you had quite the frustrating day. Money problems are super-annoying, especially when you have to spend money you didn't want to spend. Hopefully you're doing better now. *hugs*

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I have English 111 and I admit that I am doing some English assignments at the last minute, because not only there are assignments frustrating. I lost the first copies on the bus.

I am having money problems too. My savings account is awfully low. My bebt amount is fine. What's worse is that I have been telling myself that, "Being good isn't good enough."

I have a test from Math 118 I have to take tomorrow and I am afraid I will fail that test.

The trouble is that all of this week, I have focused more on English and some of Math. My brain will explode if I study for the next test. I have given more assignments on English (stacks and stacks of it) and I only do Math homework ONLINE.

Since I been so depressed and stressed, I been listening to less and fewer Muppet music. WHY? I lost my iPod, earphones, and a flash drive. Now I lost my paperwork of William Zinsser's Unity and I was supposed to do a summary.

I have a 72% in that English class. That makes me medicore, depressed and dumbed out dull.

So, all work and no play makes me a Doozer. :sigh:

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
I have cried too much for my liking today, am feeling down, out, alone and I want to work on English paper for Tuesday but I go and try to only to start crying again because this day (and even tonight) has just been a nightmare.

I would love to take tomorrow 'off' as a mental health day, but, I have to show up for at least Comm class because not only is that my major, but, if we do have class (there's a slight chance of a snow day), we're having our midterm review :/

I just want to wake up from this nightmare, but, I know it's not that easy.

I have been doing very well for the most part but then today happened the way it did

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I have cried too much for my liking today, am feeling down, out, alone and I want to work on English paper for Tuesday but I go and try to only to start crying again because this day (and even tonight) has just been a nightmare.

I would love to take tomorrow 'off' as a mental health day, but, I have to show up for at least Comm class because not only is that my major, but, if we do have class (there's a slight chance of a snow day), we're having our midterm review :/

I just want to wake up from this nightmare, but, I know it's not that easy.

I have been doing very well for the most part but then today happened the way it did
*hugs*

I'm sorry you're having a rough day, I don't blame you not wanting to go to class tomorrow. Hopefully after a good night's sleep you will feel good enough to your review.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
*hugs*

I'm sorry you're having a rough day, I don't blame you not wanting to go to class tomorrow. Hopefully after a good night's sleep you will feel good enough to your review.

*hugs back*

Thanks so much, I would turn in right now but my roommate will be back at 11 and maybe some company would help me.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
*hugs back*

Thanks so much, I would turn in right now but my roommate will be back at 11 and maybe some company would help me.
I could see that helping, sometimes when I was nervous at school just talking to my roommate or friend helped me calm down, even if it was over something as silly or insignificant as what classes we had to go to tomorrow or something we watched on TV. Hope it will work for you.