Dearth/Alex's Customs and Dioramas v2

Dearth

Reaction score

I dunno... I still say it would look better if I re-took the picture with everyone there at the same time. wink
Alex

dwmckim

Reaction score
Yikes! Dearth, i DEARLY love your work - but this thread's a perfect example of why just because a whole mess o' pics and vids can be posted altogether in the same place doesn't always mean they should...this page (that is, Page 1) takes FOREVER to load and messes up the rest of the computer.

Barring any kind of limits on photo/video space, a thread like this might be better done by spreading the various pics/videos among various pages. (And doing so would "encourage" people to comment to be "rewarded" with a new page of great stuff!)

Dearth

Reaction score
Well, the old thread is still there, if that's the style anyone prefers. But I like seeing pictures instead of links. And I often see messages on other forums with the sentiment: "This thread is useless without pics", so I don't think I'm alone in that preference.

I just presumed most people would rather not sift through 23 pages clicking links when they can see all the pics at a glance.

Even if the page is slow to load, in the end balance, they're still saving considerable time this way... especially if they're trying to locate one particular thing they saw in the past and pull it back up.

Alex

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Funny...My computer didn't mess up when he uploaded the pictures. Clearly, Dearth is trying to kill your computer.

Dearth

Reaction score
Hey guys! Our improv comedy troupe welcomed a new member this past Friday night, and my friend Adam's wife thought it would be a good idea to take some headshots and group shots for our Facebook page.

Here's me... looking a bit different than the last time you saw me in a video, because a couple of months ago I shaved my head to play the Genie in a production of Disney's Aladdin Jr.

What relevance does this have to a Muppet collecting website?

Well, let's pull back to see the rest of the shirt I happened to wear that night, unaware there would be photos...

Left to right: Anna Grott (our newest member), Michael Hill, Alex Newborn, Wes Thompson, Adam Neal (kneeling) and Steifon Passmore.

We have a couple of other troupe members, but one was in the process of moving and couldn't make it, and the other was on a Caribbean cruise that she got when she appeared on the Oprah Winfrey show back around Thanksgiving.

If you'd like to see more pics, be sure to check out http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sticky-Wicket-Improv-Troupe/144823956952

Alex

Dearth

Reaction score
Okay, so you've heard me mention playing the Genie in Aladdin. My friend and fellow Sticky Wicket Michael Hill (see above, second from left) was also in Aladdin as Jafar, and he had the best costume in the entire show.

Not surprising, since our seamstress for the entire production was his mother Diane Hall. (Yes, she's a Hall, but he's a Hill. I haven't asked.)

Well, I contacted Diane a while back about making me little tiny costumes for some Muppet action figures. Even though she is currently making costumes for a production of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, she found time to bang out these little gems for me...

I couldn't believe how great they looked! I just picked them up a few minutes ago and had to share them. Even without the hats (which I will sculpt and paint) and the set (which I still need to construct), they look amazing. I plan to trim the ribbon that's on their little masks, but aside from that I am not messing with what Diane has so masterfully created. I didn't even retouch this photo before posting it, they look so good as is!

Alex

beaker

Reaction score
Muppetaz, that is a fantastic custom frackle in your profile! Do you have a full image of it?