Destination: Home

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Yes, Count, Gina's husband's name is Steve. What their last name is... I'll leave that to the imagination. :stick_out_tongue:

Alright, let's see if I can't get some more commentary up before I have to clean the bathroom and out of town family gets in town.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
A New Destination for commentary

Lloyd took the light brown wig off his head and set it down on the table, revealing the same jet-black hair that was on Gina's head. He still didn't look at her.

commentary the wig is me covering my tracks. You recall, I wanted Lloyd and Gina to be opposites in the beginning, and then they turned out to be brother and sister. So I had to explain a little why they looked so different. end commentary

"There's nothing wrong with your car, is there," he said.

Gina sat on the table. "I disconnected the battery," she said. Her voice went soft again. "I used to look up to you, Lloyd."

He nodded vaguely. "I was the big brother," he whispered.

commentary This little speech was much easier to pen than Kermit's was. I wasn't basing it off of anything. That, and, like, when I'm acting for example, it's very easy for me to tap into anger. And this speech here is a lot of anger from a very not angry person. So it was pretty fun to write. end commentary

"Yeah," Gina said, angrily getting off the table and pacing back and forth. "Some big brother, too. Setting quite the example for me. You know what example you set, brother? You disappeared when I was thirteen. Oh, what an example! Do you know how many years Mom cried for you? Do you? Of course not, you weren't there. And Dad, Dad didn't say a word for weeks after you left. And Heather- you remember Heather, don't you?

commentary That's another reference, by the way. Heather Henson, Jim Henson's youngest daughter. I got three out of five kids in this story, I'm pretty proud of that. I'll put Cheryl in my next one. I'm a little hesitant to have his oldest daughter, though. She happens to be named Lisa, and the pictures of her in The Works look an awful lot like some pictures of me. It's kind of freaky, but kind of awesome at the same time. Thing is though, I'm afraid that if I put in a girl named Lisa with brown hair and blue eyes, even I wouldn't know if it was me or Lisa Henson. end commentary

You know, your other sister? She was only eight, Lloyd. And she asked me a thousand times every day, 'When is Lloyd coming back?' What was I supposed to tell her, Lloyd? Did you ever think of that, ever? Did you? And now here we are, ten years later. Heather hardly even remembers 'big brother Lloyd'. It's a stretch to get Dad to say more than three words. Mom- I saw Mom smile for the first time in ten years today. You know why? I got married today, Lloyd. And some friends of mine tell me that some mad man predator is following them around and torturing them, so I go to help them, and you know who I find out the mad man predator is?"

She stopped and glared at him. "My own brother."

He said nothing. Did nothing. He just sat, looking at the wig. Gina sighed, came over and knelt beside him. She took his hand and looked up into her brother's eyes.

"What happened to Lloyd Brinks?" she whispered.

commentary Ooh! Lloyd Brinks? Who the heck is that? We've always known him as Lloyd Galt. It adds sort of a freakish element that he's really this whole other person we never get to see. end commentary

He looked at her, struggling to hide his tears.

"Lloyd," Gina said, "Mom and Dad raised you to be better than this. We both know that. ...And you hurt us, Lloyd." She gently squeezed his hand, then released it and stood up. "The door to forgiveness is always open," she said. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have a wedding to get to."

commentary Those are some powerful lines there. I love that as much as she wants to hate Lloyd, she can't, because he's her brother. So instead, she's ready to forgive him if he will just apologize and mend his ways. That's awful strong of Gina. end commentary

She turned and saw Rowlf standing in the doorway.

commentary See, there was no way the muppets were going to just sit back and let Gina re-enter the lion's lair. They sent back up. end commentary

She put an arm around his shoulder, and they walked out together, leaving Lloyd Brinks alone with his thoughts.

commentary I told you I was going to come back to this line. Did you remember it? "Leaving Lloyd Galt alone with his thoughts" and "Leaving Lloyd Brinks alone with his thoughts." That's how we know something changed. He went through something big. He's not a bad guy anymore. It'll take some time, but he's going to go back to being Lloyd Brinks. end commentary

The taxi was waiting outside. Gina followed Rowlf a few steps into the bus, a smile on her face. "Destination: Party!" she announced. Then she got back off the bus and climbed into the back seat of the taxi.

The taxi driver turned to face his passenger.

"Well, well, well," he said. "Look who's late to her own wedding."

Gina made a face. "I am not late, Richard. And if you make me late, I will not name a single one of my children after you."

commentary It's Richard Hunt! Woo hoo! He had a cameo as a taxi driver in The Great Muppet Caper, so I figured he could do it again. end commentary

"Not even my middle name? But you promised!" He teased.

commentary I wonder what his middle name is. end commentary

"Not even your middle name."

Richard put a hand over his heart. "Oh, Gina, that hurts," he joked. "That really, truly hurts."

"So drive!" she laughed.

commentary Oh hey look, I get to torment Beau! Awesome! Okay, so if you check out SWAEHB, you'll see that Beau has created some absolutely incredible mental pictures of Steve Whitemire. One in particular that he hid from us for quite some time was labeled as number 21.4. He really didn't want to share it, he was embarassed. So, as a bit of a thank you and a bit of a "let's embarass Beau", here is picture number 21.3- a heck of a lot less embarassing than the infamous 21.4. end commentary

The plush red carpet in the hallway squished under well-polished black dress shoes. The man wearing the shoes was pacing anxiously between a set of double doors, stopping to look at a clock, pacing, stopping to check out the door, and pacing again. He wore a black, single-breasted, three-piece suit. A single red rose peeked out from his breast pocket. His black glossy tie laid over his white button down shirt and under his jacket. In his hand, he held a bouquet of red and white roses with slight touches of baby's breath. He wore a single gold band around the third finger of his left hand. His long blonde hair was tied neatly in a pony tail that ran a short way down his back. He paced back and forth, back and forth. Step, step, step, step, step, step, turn. Step, step, step, step, step... What was taking so long? He glanced at the clock. The reception was set to start in just forty-five minutes. Step, step, step, step, turn. Step, step, step...

commentary Alright, there you have it. Mental picture 21.3. Oh, and in case you hadn't figured it out from all my commentary before, this is Steve Whitemire. SWAEHB! SWAEHB! end commentary

He heard a rustling of silk, footsteps... He looked up...

"Gina!"

She flung her arms around him, and bride and groom embraced each other in silence for a moment.

"See, Steve, I told you I'd be back," Gina said with a smile.

He smiled back, and then suddenly looked panicked again. "Gina, the band we hired called. They can't come!"

commentary This is the part where I was going to have Gina say, "See, I told you we shouldn't have paid them ahead of time." ButI decided they shouldn't get bamboozled on their wedding day. I was cruel enough just making her leave the ceremony right after it ended. end commentary

She made a face. "And they waited until now to tell us?"

He nodded. "What are we going to do? Have a wedding without music?"

Suddenly Gina had an idea. "No," she said, and she turned to face the Electric Mayhem. She smiled, and they grinned back. "Nothing of the sort."

commentary Yay! The Electric Mayhem finally got a gig! It's their first gig in this whole story, you know. I'm so proud of them! end commentary

In the next forty-five minutes, the muppets changed into nice clothes, Miss Piggy covered most of her cuts and bruises with make up, the Electric Mayhem set up their instruments, and Gina and Steve took turns panicking until the guests began to arrive.

Once the party began, every one was more than willing to kick up their heels and relax. The Electric Mayhem managed to play a few slow songs before cutting loose, and the muppets all spent most of their time on the dance floor. Even Miss Piggy, who was feeling much stronger by then.

commentary Notice Miss Piggy's miraculously speedy recovery. Also notice that after weeks on the road not being able to play at all, The Electric Mayhem managed to let Gina and Steve had those first traditional couple of slow songs. Very considerate of them. Of course, they didn't play a single other slow song the rest of the night, but no one really seemed to mind. end commentary

The time came for Gina to throw the bouquet. All the women crowded around, and she tossed it over her shoulder. Kermit couldn't help but laugh when he saw that Camilla had caught it. Gonzo looked like he wasn't quite sure how to react, but the chicken was thrilled.

commentary I knew I wanted one of our muppet ladies to catch the bouquet, but I couldn't quite figure out who. Miss Piggy is too expected, and that just wouldn't work. I considered Janice, but I don't think Floyd's reaction would quite be as funny. That left Camilla. And that was just hilarious. end commentary

Then Kermit saw Miss Piggy's face, and he decided it was a good time to slip away. He wiggled his way into a group that was crowded around Fozzie.

commentary I was going to have him call the theater here, but then I had absolutely no cliff hanger at all, so I moved it to the end. It's not much of a cliff hanger, but it's better than nothing. end commentary

"So the polar bear, he walks out," the bear was saying. "And the panda bear's just sitting there, and he thinks, 'this is odd'. And then whaddaya know, the phone rings. You know who it is, it's the polar bear. And he says, 'I didn't know it was a koala bear'! Ahh, Wocka wocka!"

commentary I needed a good long complicated joke, and I just wasn't thinking of any on my own. So, Muppets Take Manhattan to the rescue! I actually got it a little off, but it's close enough. end commentary

One of the guests leaned over and whispered to Kermit, "Was that the punchline?"

commentary No, Mr. Random Guest, your line was the punch line. end commentary

It was late that night when the guests began to slowly file out the doors. The muppets were exhausted. Gina and Steve walked with them out to the bus.

"You'll keep in touch, won't you?" Gina asked as she hugged them goodbye.

"Sure," Kermit said.

Gina gave Dr. Teeth directions to a near by, comfortable hotel. Then she poked her head in the bus and called out, "Destination: Sleep!" The muppets laughed as she and Steve walked away hand in hand.

Kermit awoke the next morning on the edge of the bed they had all piled on to.

commentary I loved the idea of having them all on one bed. Can't you just imagine them doing that? Sort of reminds me of The Great Muppet Caper. "So the first thing we have to do, is make our plan" "Right!" "...or, we could get some sleep..." I love that part. I love that bed, actually. And the lightbulb. I gotta get me one of those lightbulbs. Actually I gotta get back to this story. end commentary

Every one else was still fast asleep. He decided not to wake them. There was no hurry today. No grey men chasing them, no rush to get any where. Besides, they needed the sleep. It had been a long day yesterday. But then, it had been a long couple of months. Almost three months now. Where had the time gone?

He turned on his side to see Miss Piggy watching him sleepily. Just a good night's sleep had helped her injuries so much, it was amazing.

"Good morning, Kermie," she said.

"Good morning, Piggy."

There was a tiny moment's silence.

"Well?" she asked.

"Well what?"

"Well, aren't you going to kiss me good morning?"

He smiled, remembering their morning game. "Well, Piggy, I would..."

commentary I was surprised no one commented on this. It was one of my favorite parts. In the first chapter, we had them playing this cute little game, and here it is the end of the second to last chapter, and they're playing the little game. I thought it was very cute and heartwarming and it brought the story full circle. But either nobody noticed, nobody liked it, or nobody bothered to comment. I'm guessing it's a combination of the first one and the last one. I don't think nobody liked it. Wait, did that make sense? Oh well. end commentary

After a few hours, everyone was awake and hungry. They had a late breakfast and piled onto the bus. Dr. Teeth went to start the engine up, but he stopped.

"You know," he said, turning to face them, "something doesn't feel right."

"Yeah," Floyd said. "It feels like we're missing something."

"Rully, but like, what are we forgetting?" Janice asked.

"Does every body have their bags?" Rowlf asked.

"I've got my rubber chicken," Fozzie said.

"Do we have the exploding socks?" Gonzo asked.

commentary Muppets Take Manhattan reference! "Maybe we could sell the show if we wrote in more special effects, like exploding socks." You've just gotta love Gonzo's idea of art. end commentary

Camilla bawked.

"DRUMSTICKS! DRUMSTICKS!" Animal shouted.

Zoot blew a note on his saxophone.

"Moi am not forgetting anything," Miss Piggy said.

"Well, then, what are we missing?" Kermit asked.

Robin was hopping to the front of the bus. "Uncle Kermit, I know what we're forgetting!"

"What are we forgetting, Robin?" Kermit asked.

Robin stood proudly at the front of the bus, took a deep breath, and then shouted with all of his might, "DESTINATION: HOME!"

commentary Cue music! Oh wait, you don't know the story behind the title yet, do you? Well, don't worry, you'll find out in the "making of". So don't worry, you'll know what I'm talking about... eventually... end commentary

They all laughed as Dr. Teeth pulled the bus onto the road. They drove a few hours before stopping for lunch. The first thing Kermit did was find a pay phone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

The Muppet Theater was buzzing with activity. Scooter went over that week's list for the hundreth time. "Check, check, check..."

BLAM!

He turned and saw Crazy Harry on the other side of the stage, laughing. He returned to the list. "Check, check, check, check..."

commentary I wanted to do something with this similar to my "who the heck is Bill" at the beginning, but all I was coming up with was the joke Rowlf did at Muppetfest. "As soon as you write some checks, we can get those things." And I didn't really want to use that, so I just threw in some other random humor. end commentary

"That is a lot of checks, hokay."

Scooter looked up. "Oh. Hi, Pepe."

"Hey, speaking of checks, Scooter. Do you have my pay check yet?"

Scooter sighed. "No. Not yet."

"Hey, Scooter!" Clifford called from the lights. "What else do you want me to do?"

"I don't know yet, Clifford," Scooter called back. "Kermit still hasn't called."

"But it's Thursday," Rizzo said. "He calls every Wednesday."

"Well, he didn't call yesterday," Scooter said.

"Do you think we should be worried?" Sweetums asked.

Then they heard a ring. Scooter ran across the stage and grabbed the phone. "Hello, Muppet Theater."

"Hey, Scooter, it's Kermit."

"KERMIT!" he turned away from the receiver and shouted, "Hey everybody, it's Kermit!" He was instantly surrounded by muppets. He turned back to the receiver. "Hi, boss!"

"Hi Scooter. How's everything at the theater?"

Scooter glanced at the char marks Crazy Harry had just left on the stage. "Oh, same as usual."

commentary Explosions, flying penguins, people getting eaten... same old, same old... end commentary

"Good. Well, listen, I was just calling to let you know that everything is okay. Lloyd isn't going to bother us anymore. We're on the way back."

"Oh, boss, that's great!"

"What? Tell us!" Rizzo said.

Scooter pulled the receiver away. "They're coming back!"

The theater erupted with cheers. Scooter talked into the phone again. "That's just great. And hey boss, I have some wonderful news for you!"

commentary That's the best I could do for a cliff hanger for this chapter. Definately not my best. But considering the main conflict has been resolved, I don't really blame me. end commentary

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
The Count said:
Thanks. But wouldn't it be "Brinks"?
Brinks is Gina's maiden name. Hence, in this last chapter I commentaried, "Lloyd Brinks". So Groom's last name is up for grabs.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I'm sorry I didn't comment on Kermit and Piggy's little game before, but I really did notice it! In fact, it really made me smile at that point and it was like saying "they're really going to be ok and back to normal" Sorry I didn't mention it before! I can't wait to see your making of/behind the scenes! Keep up the good work!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Then Whitmire-Brinks? No, cause that'd imply you're marrying Gina with Steve, and I'm not sure if he's already married in real life.
Hmmm... Then... Whitemyre-Brinks? That's close enough to Steve's real last name without it being him himself.
Just trying to get a handle for something I'm planning.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Yay, their little game worked! Thank you so much, Beth. That really makes me feel all giggley and happful inside!
I can't believe it's only one chapter of commentary left. But I can't wait to get on to some other extras. The "making of" needs a little work. I'm thinking of a preview of my next fanfic, but I'm not sure what to show yet. So I think the gag reel might come next. Oh, it's hilarious, too. I thought it up last night instead of sleeping. (sleep? what's sleep? I have no idea what this "sleep" thing is you speak of...)

Anyways! The gag reel needs some work, too. Ok, so all my extras need work! WOO HOO! I don't know what extra I'll post next. Anybody wanna vote? Your options are:

Sneak peak of the next story
"making of"
Gag reel

Somebody vote for something, So you can keep getting stuff while I figure out the next story!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Making of! Making of!

*In Floyd voice: Quit it Animal, the girl needs her beauty rest. Cause she needs some beauty to tame that beast. Ha-ha.
Janice: Like fer sure.

Beauregard

Reaction score
How about a Macking Of, with Gag's thrown in as extras peppered throughout???

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Hmm, I'm not sure what to see first, I guess Making Of has the most votes thus far. I just want to see extras.
Red (popping in from dorms thread): Beth, you should stop pestering her and get back to your commentary and your extras so you can post your next fan fic.
Yes, Red, I know, get back over to the dorms, you don't belong here.
Sorry Lisa, sometimes she jumps on my back and follows me around as a joke. Anyway, I'm taking up space here. Post whatever extra you are ready to post first and I know we'll all love it. :smile: