Did anyone else wish that Miss. Piggy was cut out of Muppet Movie?

murgatoad

Reaction score
Re: Piggy Backlash

Originally posted by JamieDenny
Very sorry to those of you who don't like Miss Piggy but I feel I must point out that when she first came to prominance everyone absolutley ADORED her as I still do.
She's catty but vunerable hughly strung but only because of her insecurity.
I wonder if anyone has ever counted who has been on the cover of more magazines, I have a feeling that you will find its my favourite porcine diva.

Jamie

"Where do you stand on Feng Shui"
'Piggy' " i never stand on Feung Shui, that's how people get hurt"
Miss Piggy just sort of happened to the Henson Co., which may be one reason the clueless ones up there never really appreciated what a lucky break they got. It may also be the reason why they've never really made any effort to update, protect or further develop the character. Instead, they mess up her design, turn on her when someone in the media takes a cheap shot at her, even remove her ears (make you wonder if hanging around all that foam rubber and superglue eventually produces toxic shock on the brain or something). The goofballs at Henson are their own worst enemy; what goes around, as they say, comes around. To this day they still don't get it. They're still pretty much sitting on their thumbs waiting for their next gift. Which is the reason they're nearly bankrupt and having to sell. I can't say I feel sorry for them. What I am sorry about is the wasted potential that will now never be realized, and the gross mishandling of a good character. I think that ticks me off the most. FWIW.

murgatoad

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
I'll pretend I didn't hear that. The Muppet Workshop has always held the highest standards of any puppet company. I believe this was intentional, because Miss Piggy has always been that way.

And we can all ignore the fact she was missing an ear in that scene.
Yes, but you noticed it, didn't you? It was a distraction. And so were the legs. That's not only lousy design, it's poor showmanship, IMO.