did beaker play set come to us yet???

doozertime

Reaction score
i was just wondering if the beaker and lab play set had come to the us yet because we have it in canada!! i hear all these people talkin about the chef set not being out yet and we already have it here in canada also!!:eek: :excited: :smirk:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Really? I don't see how you could have the Chef's Kitchen playset because it reportedly hasn't left China yet. The info comes from today's Daily Bit from Prodcuct Developer Ken Lilly of Palisades (the company that makes the figures): click here. I don't see how you could already have the Chef set yet. :confused:

The Beaker (Muppet Labs) set has been out since last summer. We discussed that set a lot last year.

doozertime

Reaction score
we do have it!!

we have it at toys toys toys in fairveiw they do happen to get alot of inports!!!:excited:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Are you sure it's not a prototype? They auction them off at the Toy Fairs sometimes. I'll check with Ken. Maybe there was a different QC issue with US and other markets but I doubt it. That's just strange. :concern:

doozertime

Reaction score
well...

it was for sale!!! i dont have it personally but isaw it with my own two eyes!!! the owners of the store are from china ill be sure to ask them how the got it the next time i go in!!!!:excited:

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah, that is wierd - real wierd. Comment on todays bit - i'm warming to the Swinetrek. I hated the Toy Fair photos, it just looked plain boring, especially with unpainted figures sitting in it. Palisades official shot makes it look funkier and brighter, a real good wide shot with decent lighting was missing from the Toy Fair coverage, viewscreens look good too. It's nowhere near as strong as the Kitchen for me but it's quite cool - i think it'd really help them if as well as showing the photo they have, they also showed it wide with all three PIS painted proto characters sitting in the chairs. If Ken could do that sometime it'd be way cool !

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
I'll work on that pic Luke.

Doozertime, are you yanking our chains? If you aren't, and you can provide me with the store name, address and maybe a photo of the set I will make it worth your while.

doozertime

Reaction score
toys toys toys fairveiw mall north york ontario canada!!! thats all i know but i can find out more and try to get a pic by monday evening!!:excited:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Hmm, Chinese toystore owner, Chinese factory manufacturing the sets...sounds like somebody snaked a few. Who knows, they could have been authorized. Just very weird. But they still haven't hit the main markets from what the company tells us - probably that one store.

Luke-

Yeah, you know, I was staring at the Swinetrek today and thought - maybe they should have changed the background behind the console. Maybe added some sort of funky aquarium or something - and space green as another accent color. I'm sure hardcore fans would have moaned. Remember how people freaked out a year ago when it was mentioned that Link's chair would be higher? I like the set. Always have. And who knew we could customize parts of it? Be great if there were a clip-on payphone. Fingers crossed.
:smile:

doozertime

Reaction score
ill find out everything by monday but it is very weird theres no way i could of halusinated this... but you guys are makin me give it a second though and now i feel i have to double check!!!:smirk: