1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Did Bear ever "sniff" you out?

Discussion in 'Bear in the Big Blue House' started by teddyObear, Dec 24, 2006.

1. teddyObear

teddyObear New Member

When Bear did his regular "do you smell that?" did whatever he smelled that day actually reflect what you might actually smell like?

He said i smelled like syrup one day and asked me if i had eaten pancakes for breakfast that morning. I have homemade pancakes on Christmas morning and if i'm lucky once randomly in the year. It had been one of those random days when he sniffed me out.
    panmanthe2nd and MuppetLuver2000 like this.
  2. RoloCorgi

RoloCorgi New Member

The first BITBBH I ever saw was the potty episode, and I didn't know Bear did the "What's that smell?" thing at the start of every show. When he whipped that out at the beginning, I fully expected it to be followed by some kind of diaper comment and was thinking, "What? Wow, that's kind of blunt, isn't it?"

My husband did the same thing when he saw it--he kind of did a double take in those few beats before Bear made his guess and said, "OMG, did he just say, 'What's that smell?' Eww!"

But anyway, no, he's never been right, and I can't help but wonder if my son just thinks Bear has a terrible nose for all the times he's totally off-base. :)
  3. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

One day after a rare night of heavy partying, I woke the next morning relatively hung over and put on BITBBH and the "Sniff" segment came on, and I thought that if he said "You smell like whiskey and vicodin", I'd have to probably hang myself. Fortunately it was tooth paste.
    FunnyBear likes this.
  4. ^^^LOL!

He's never "sniffed me out" before, but on the rare occasion I get to catch the show, I love the "What's that smell?" part---it always makes me giggle, lol!

Really!

It does!

:D
  5. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

Bear was either very polite or very sarcastic to me...

Well, as for me, I've never seen a full Bear episode, just snippets. I do know about the characters from you guys, Tough Pigs, etc.

Anyway, when Bear was relatively new, I had my first encounter with the furry fella. It was incredibly hot, sticky and humid outside, and I went to go mow the lawn. At the time, we had this clunky lawn mower that could've fit in perfectly at Grouchland. It smoked sometimes, the blades sometimes flew the grass skyward (it had no bag) and it had the permanent smell of old, dried gasoline.

After about an hour or so mowing with this :grouchy: worthy lawn mower out in the sticky heat and humidity, I came back in the house smelling heavily of motor smoke and gasoline. On my way to take a shower, I wanted to check the weather (we were having a heat wave).

Flipping through the channels, I paused at the Disney Channel when I saw this very large, Muppet-like bear on the screen, addressing me directly.

"Oh, hello there! It sure is good to see you today. Say...(sniff sniff) what's that smell?"

My face made the "Kermit look of disbelief" as Bear sniffed his way right up to the camera and pleasantly remarked "It's you! Boy, you sure smell good today! Do you always smell this good?"

What??? I remember doing a double take at the screen. What did this bear just say to me???

If Bear can really "sniff us out", then in my case he was either a) being extremely polite or b) being sarcastic.

Having never seen Bear before, his "sniffing" really caught me off guard!

Convincing John
    FrackleFan2012 and CountFan1998 like this.
  6. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

That is one of the funniest stories I've heard, CJ! Haha!!
  7. LOL!

Well, he was either a) extremely polite, b) being sarcastic, orrrrrr, we cannot rule out perhaps, unbeknownst to us, c) he actually liked how you smelled! lol :p

Bein' a bear, maybe it takes a lot to offend his sensitive schnoz. :D
  8. teddyObear

teddyObear New Member

Haha! it always made me giggle to! if i caught it on tv i would always stop to see if it was at that spot.
  9. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I like that part to!
  10. Convincing John

ROFL!

Convincing John
  11. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

You would know... :flirt:
  12. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

aw, I meant it wif nuttin' but love, Byron. :p
  13. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Fact of the matter is...some of us will never escape our pasts, and at MC they are totally documented.
  14. Convincing John

Hate to muffin the thread, but...

If you thought that was funny, you should read about the weird Sesame Street Dream I had once.:p

Convincing John
  15. Bear sniffed me the other morning (I swear it always make me giggle, lol), and he remarked on how fresh and clean and I smelled---and dude, I had just had a bath!

WHOA!

:eek:

He does know!
    MuppetLuver2000 likes this.
  16. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

At least it wasn't a shower. ;) Nope, sorry mate, you will never live that thread down.
  17. lol...this weekend he sniffed me and asked me if I was "wrapped up in a warm, fuzzy blanket, because you have that warm, fuzzy blanket smell!"---AND I WAS!

:eek:

It's eerie when he's right! LOL

:D
  18. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Mmmm. I like warm, fuzzy blankets...

That time of year again, eh? ;)
  19. JazzyAlphabet

JazzyAlphabet Well-Known Member

The smell of toothpaste. YUMMY!