Diets...not fun..but gonna be WORTH IT!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
But I told myself,"No pain...no gain."
Just don't end up like Red, saying "If you hurt real bad, you gotta play real good." :smile:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I think I'm going to jump onto this bandwagon as well guys. Found out I'm about 100 lbs overweight, techinally I'm morbidly obese. Yeesh. So...I'm drinking only diet soda, and Fruit 2 O drinks now. (found them at Sam's Club this past weekend, and I can attest, they are as good as Kathy says they are!) I'm walking and running in my backyard with Teddy-Bear, my poodle a few times a week. I can't even really go "walking" anywhere in my neighborhood, due to the fact I don't exactly trust where I live.

It's just way too far back in the woods, and then it's too close to a major roadway to actually be able to walk anywhere. And a few times a month, me and Rob go walking around in our mall, and we commonly go to stores just to walk around as well. I've not really lost any weight yet, (I also do not know, as I do not own a scale...haven't been able to afford one yet...) but I believe I'm doing okay.

I'm at least not feeling so sluggish and fat lately. But then again, that just could be my mind tricking me too. I will try to get to a scale and perhaps give an accurate look on what my weight is. Nice to be back guys.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I've not really lost any weight yet, (I also do not know, as I do not own a scale...haven't been able to afford one yet...) but I believe I'm doing okay.
Just remember there are other ways to deal with exercise besides the scale (which tells me I lose/gain pounds in several minutes). Hip/waist ratio, body fat calculations, level of endurance ...there are other means to assess fitness besides a scale.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I jumped back on the diet train myself this week, and I could use all of the support that I can get because I am a cookie monster! :insatiable: :insatiable: :insatiable:
You can do it! It's not easy, as we all know, but as Kathy says, it's worth it!

So...I'm drinking only diet soda, and Fruit 2 O drinks now.
Anyone who wants to lose weight, usually wants to lose it fast. You might want to consider drinking only water for awhile, and cutting out soda all together. Diet soda does have fewer calories, but it has just as much sugar as regular cola, and way more chemicals. I dropped the most weight in my first week just by drinking water instead of soda, milk, and even juice. And that was without even exercising, or even eating "healthier", just cutting out sugar is a great jump start.

I had a tough week two weeks ago when, after working out and eating sooooo good, I only lost 1 pound. I binged and started having Burger King, Taco Bell, Dunkin Donuts, Domino's, and lots of junk food. When I weighed myself the other day, I thought I was going to have gained 15 pounds, but I actually lost 2! My body's metabolism has changed enough through so much hard work that I'm burning calories faster then normal. The message here is that dieting does not have to be a horrible 6 month experience, just as in real life, do everything in moderation.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
If you (accidentally) eat something fattening, don't kick yourself in the butt for doing it,OK? You have to treat yourself sometimes right? Just to break up the monotony! After that awful glucose tolerance test that I had (and oh boy,did that stuff taste disgusting...I'm sure even :grouchy: wouldn't drink it! :stick_out_tongue: ) I treated myself to my favorite frappucino at Starbucks.
Xevia? ..you love cookies so much,right? They make 100 calorie cookies.(I'm not sure about the sugar on them...I'll need to check...I'll get back to ya.:wink: The cookies are bite sized & come in little packets)
Sara..welcome back!I don't blame you in not wanting to walk near the woods. Not only weird people...but you gotta watch out for ticks too!YUK!

Xevia

Reaction score
Katz: Xevia? ..you love cookies so much,right? They make 100 calorie cookies.(I'm not sure about the sugar on them...I'll need to check...I'll get back to ya.:wink: The cookies are bite sized & come in little packets)

Xevia: Yes, those will eventually be my saving grace so I don't end up going postal on the hubby lol. We started a weight loss challenge thread and I'm stoked about working with everyone to make ourselves a little more healthy :smile:

Katzi428

Reaction score
Katz: Xevia? ..you love cookies so much,right? They make 100 calorie cookies.(I'm not sure about the sugar on them...I'll need to check...I'll get back to ya.:wink: The cookies are bite sized & come in little packets)

Xevia: Yes, those will eventually be my saving grace so I don't end up going postal on the hubby lol. We started a weight loss challenge thread and I'm stoked about working with everyone to make ourselves a little more healthy :smile:
Pleasedon't hate me. But I just checked the bag (& checked w/my sister,who's an LPN ) but the #2 ingredient on the cookies is sugar. So I mentioned to my sister that I have a friend here that has Type 2 diabetes (you) & asked her if you'd be able to have the cookies.She said no. Dang Xevia...I feel so bad! I'm sorry for even mentioning it!:frown:

blackaerin

Reaction score
is it all right if i hop the bandwagon here too?
i've always been a bit on the chubby side, but after high school and staying at home, i've pretty much let myself go. And after discovering that i have a weak heart, i'm worried that eventually my weight will make problems other than me not fitting into my clothes.
i miss running without getting wheezy and needing an inhaler. i miss wearing nice clothes that don't make me look like a balloon. I miss eating desserts without feeling guilty about it.

Katzi428

Reaction score
is it all right if i hop the bandwagon here too?
i've always been a bit on the chubby side, but after high school and staying at home, i've pretty much let myself go. And after discovering that i have a weak heart, i'm worried that eventually my weight will make problems other than me not fitting into my clothes.
i miss running without getting wheezy and needing an inhaler. i miss wearing nice clothes that don't make me look like a balloon. I miss eating desserts without feeling guilty about it.
Hi blackaerin!:smile:
Of course you can join us! It's not like we're some group with a secret password and having to know how to do the funky chicken. (Um..you can say the alphabet backwards,can't you? Just kidding!:wink:)
All kidding aside,the more the merrier!
Kathy