1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Dinosaurs Seasons 1-2 coming to DVD

Discussion in 'Family Worlds' started by chestermcdragon, Dec 25, 2005.

1. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

How many seasons were there? :o
  2. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

There were four seasons.

Season 1 (5 episodes)
    Season 2 (24 episodes)
    Season 3 (22 episodes)
    Season 4 (14 episodes)
    Total 65 episodes
  3. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

It's great that this set has extras. I don't think Dinosaurs is as popular as shows like Duck Tales or Chip & Dales Rescue Rangers, which recently had their first seasosn released withotu features, so having Dinosaurs on DVDs with features is a pleaseant surprise.

It is great that so many Henson shows are being available on DVD with great features. The Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock (both the first season and single-disc sets), Emmit Otter... it's too bad that the complete series sets for The Storyteller and Greek Myths didn't have any features. Hopefully, Muppet Babies will come soon and have features.
  4. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

Wow, this is exciting. When I was probally 9 or 10 I watched all the new episodes come on. I have good memories from watching this show... It's actually one of the JHC productions I got to watch growing up. I'm sure if I buy the Dvd's that it'll bring me back. Don't you love the memories?

Ernie101.
  5. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

By the way, only 58 epsiodes were shown during the original run. The remaining 7 episodes were not shown untill reruns were shown in syndication. I think the production order was different from the broadcast order (and not just because of the episodes that were not broadcast on ABC), but I could be wrong.

I wonder if the episodes will be presented in broadcast or production order. I'm sure that, if the last season gets released, the "unaired" episodes will be included, but I wonder if they will be listed as a bonus feature.

I also wonder if the episodes will be uncut or if they will be syndicated copies. The show didn't start to have a cold openign untill the third season, but in syndication all episodes have cold openings (in syndication they just showed the beginnig of the epsiodes and had the openings appear a few minutes/ seconds later, sometimes cutting a few seconds because of this.... I think that the episode Hurling Day, for example, had a few seconds cut (in syndication) between Earl saying "I love being a dinosaur" and Fran telling the kids that Grandma was looking forward about hurling day). Also, I think the credits scene in the episodes (outside of the opening) were moved because of the change in where the opening was shown, and all episodes in syndication have the same opening, the one introduced in the third season.

Another scene that us cut in syndication is a scene from the first epsiode where Earl tells Fran that he doens't give a **** about her day, possiblu for time and content, though surprisingly this scene was included in the video release (keep in mind that Disney has edited a lot of its video releases of it' cartoons for content, even in the early 1990s). Of course, I am surprised that that scene even made it passes the censors (I would have thought that this show was meant to be family friendly).
  6. Krazedmuppet

Krazedmuppet Active Member

7. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

Ever since the 1990s I've been kicking myself for not taping the shows when they were syndicated (in my hometown they aired on UPN) and looking through discount bins and flea markets to find the VHS copies. Now I can finally get my hands on these shows! And the bonus features sound great as well; I can't really complain. The first set alone has original art, a documentary, and "Dino Eggs"?! It's great!

On the down side, I have to wait all college semester until I can get the set, but at least I'll have something to watch during summer vacation: The Muppet Show Season Two (hopefully!) and Dinosaurs!

By the way, those of you wondering what the episodes are about, here's a handy list from the old Henson.com website:

http://web.archive.org/web/20010116...sion/series/tv_series_dinosaurs_episodes.html
  8. rumtar_10165

rumtar_10165 New Member

really it's Not the momma, I know. (ow my pour lil pointy head.)
  9. rumtar_10165

rumtar_10165 New Member

I just realized

What about The Muppet Show season 2?? dose any one know when it will
    be out????
  10. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I know I can't wait!
  11. JEANYLASER

JEANYLASER Member

i can't wait either.
  12. ChinoXL

ChinoXL New Member

man i'll be so happy when i can get my hands on these dvds..i already got astroboy so this will be great for my next collection
  13. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

was this that really old show that used to be on disney?

Also, I beleive the muppet show 2 will be out late this year or early next year
  14. SJohnson

SJohnson Member

Dinosaurs on DVD

This is great news, I can't wait. I love the packaging too.
  15. SJohnson

SJohnson Member

Cool, I can't wait.
  16. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

UD.com has sayed Muppet Show Season 2 DVD will be out spring/summer 06. trust em at UD.com there always right! :) ;)
  17. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

ooooo, yay! And if Dinosaurs is the show I'm thinking about, then YAY! I loved that show when I was younger.
  18. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

Man I'm looking forward to getting this on DVD. I'm hoping that I can have this, maybe the other two seasons of Dinosaurs, all five seasons of the Muppet Show and Fraggle Rock, along with some cooler Sesame Street dvds, mainly old schools ones, and I'll be a happy camper. Right now I've got Fraggle Rock and Muppet Show season one, Cookie Monster's best bites, Labyrinth and Dark Crystal special editions dvds, the Three early Muppet movies (The Muppet Movie, Great Muppet Caper, Muppets take Manhattan) Rocky Mountain Hoilday, Muppets Magic and Follow that Brid. So for the most part my Muppet DVD colloction has been focus on classic Jim Henson, before his sad death. So else less I buy the newer Muppet movies, which I think I will, this will be the frist Henson show that was post Jim Henson for me. ;)
  19. All We Have In Australia Is The Muppet Show Season One And All The Muppet Movies Except Muppet Wizard Of Oz. I Can't Wait Till Australia Get Fraggle Rock But There Is No Release Date So I Am Not Sure If We Will Get It..
  20. hope us aussies get dinosaurs .