1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Disney’s New On-line Muppet Store launches October 1

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

We received some news from Muppets Studio, they’ve launched a new on-line store, including limited edition collectibles to kick-off opening day. Here are the details…

Here are the Gold DVD packs being offered at discounted prices. More exclusives and special offers are coming in the future.

Muppet Gold DVD 5-Pack - including The Muppet Show Seasons 1-3 + Bonuses

Muppet Gold DVD 2-Pack #1 - including 2 Muppet Movies + Bonuses

Muppet Gold DVD 2-Pack #2 - including 2 Muppet Movies + Bonuses
  2. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

I went to the link, and it seems that it is a group of Muppets products under a official photo heading, but then when you search the products- it goes to different sellers, pretty much the same if you were to do a Muppet product search on ebay. So is there a link if you only wanted to see the Muppets studio store products?
  3. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

And i just got back from Disneyworld, Hollywood Studios...VERY COOL by the way and they had a Muppet shop...all of the items in that shop should be on there too, the items on Amazon...I have seen everywhere. The items in the Muppet Shop were cool, but they need more. The girl in the shop even said she didn't know why they didn't have more. I WILL GLADLY DESIGN SOME if they can't come up with any! And good to see Kermit and Miss Piggy still in the daytime parade for the volunteer thing. I was very happy and in awe. first time seeing it!
  4. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

This is great! More properties are turning to this low-cost Amazon-based format and it's good to see that Disney's onboard with the Muppets brand. Sure, there are going to be some strange anomalies from time to time (that's an inherent bug of the programming) but it's better to include more products than less, right? The DVD packages are especially a good idea and very collector friendly. An all-around B+ effort here that has much potential! :flirt:
  5. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen the new video they posted? About the new Muppet Show Motion Comic Books. they are coming out this fall, and sound pretty cool.
  6. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

What are motion comics? Does that mean when you buy a normal looking comic book, it'll have anamation?
  7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

They basically take the comic book and give it tiny bits of animation and sound. It's not much. More like a limited FlashToon with static cutouts moving into frame and animated mouths, but with the great stories from Langridge, the beautiful artwork and the Muppeteer voicework! I think it's great!
  8. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Oh. Okay. I'll diffinatly get them.
  9. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I agree, this is just more of a hub to locate what's already on Amazon. I thought this was a Disney.go network website carrying *EXCLUSIVE* items only found in parks or their store site.
  10. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

$17 for the Muppet pook a loos? I just got all of them at the local Disney store for $3.99 each.

And the Muppet mugs are $2 bucks at Disney store, here they are way more PLUS shipping:(
  11. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Nice to see this, but not sure how "new" it is...stores like this have been on Amazon for awhile and i'm sure there's previously been a Muppets Store on Amazon previously. Still it is organized differently plus has those exclusives and videos so basically it's a well-hyped relaunch.

But the thing that excites me most? That new group photo! For one, it looks like Disney finally got it through its collective thick skull that they need to get some new photos of the Muppets instead of those awful poser pics that they've been using OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again! Hopefully this is the first of many as we near The Movie and just not the debut of an image that will be the New Photo that gets used OVER AND OVER AND OVER that we'll all get sick of seeing! Better still, the great thing about that photo is that the posers actually LOOK GOOD which is pretty rare (in fact, i'm curious to know if those are all posers or if they used some of the real puppets in there. Good on them if they did.)
  12. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

the new store is pretty cool. it keeps all the stuff that i'm usually looking for all organized.

and i LOVE the new poser picture! it's PERFECT! :D
  13. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

The new poser poster is awsome! Is this the first time we have ever seen Dr. Theeth take off his hat?
  14. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

That seems pretty cool.

But I don't understand those special "gold" editions of DVDs. It's just those tin sets with pencil, stickers and a few other things right? I got the Muppet Movie one at Toys R Us for $10.