Disney buying Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode VII coming in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
EA is universally the most hated game publisher among gamers. I wouldn't be too happy about them having exclusive rights :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
While not a confirmed cast member yet, Mark Hamill hopes for a better balance between practical effects and CGI. I do, too. :smile:
Took me a while, but the real problem with the CGI characters? They were more animated and expressive than the humans, making the already wooden directing (not acting... these actors have proven to hold their own) even more obvious.

Hopefully J.J Abrams knows there's a difference between dramatic acting and wooden acting. So many directors get that wrong.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Just came back from WDW, and Disney seems to want everyone to know they own Star Wars heart and soul. There's SW stuff all over the parks, with the exception of Animal Kingdom. I got a sweet SW Weekend exclusive Stitch as Yoda bust at Hollywood Studios. Soon Disney will add Leia to their line of official "Disney Princesses." I wonder if the Marvel superheroes will get the same treatment over the next few years?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Disney has a good track record of leaving these companies to do what they do best. The fact that Disney doesn't (and actually can't) recall any of the Marvel movie contracts pretty much shows that. They just handle the characters and merchandising, and they leave most of that up to Marvel's head of operations. Same thing with Star Wars. No Marvel Princess characters are going to be in the Disney Princess line up, neither is Leia.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Well there isn't people going around WDW dressed up as Leia, Han, Luke, and Chewie, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did that down the road. There's a total difference between Disney's handling of their ownerships of Marvel and Star Wars right now. Like I said, I was in WDW, and Star Wars stuff is EVERYWHERE (except Animal Kingdom), whereas with the exception of Downtown Disney, there's not much Marvel stuff. This is most likely due to Universal Theme Park's Marvel section in Island of Adventure. Since there is no Island of Adventure in California, Disneyland doesn't have the same problem, and I've heard they have more Marvel stuff there. But getting back to Star Wars, the new Star Tours ride doesn't seem so much better than the old Star Tours ride. Sure, the film itself is updated, but it's still on the same small screen, and I felt bad for the all the kids on the ride who had to sit behind a tall person:sympathy:. Heck, there were plenty of times where I had trouble seeing over tall people. They should take a hint from Epcot's Soarin' and make it on an Imax screen.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I could see walkabouts of Star Wars characters happening... aren't there already? At least the costume friendly characters?

Scooterforever

Reaction score
I could see walkabouts of Star Wars characters happening... aren't there already? At least the costume friendly characters?
I was in Hollywood Studios about 5 of the 8 days we were in WDW (we had Parkhopper Passes so I often went to 2 parks a day) and never saw anyone in Star Wars character costumes. Even so, there's a lot of SW stuff in Hollywood Studios besides Star Tours. There's several set replicas scattered throughout the park, including a small section of the interior of the Tantive IV Blockade Runner, the Carbonite chamber, and a speeder bike. There's also several Star Wars props/ set pieces on the Backstage Stunt Show, including a Skiff and a Snowspeeder. The exterior of the Star Tours souvenir shop is made up like a home or building on Tattooine, and of course there's the famous AT-AT and Ewok village built around Star Tours itself. And you can't walk an inch without finding SW merchandise, as it's all over the stores and souvenir stands in Hollywood studios. I wonder if they'll ever add a Star Wars stunt show to the Indiana Jones Stunt Show? It sure would be cool to see a live explanation of how the SW stunts were performed:big_grin: .

Scooterforever

Reaction score
New show supposedly takes place between Ep. III and IV. I hope Grand Moff Tarkin plays a major role, he was always one of my fav villains. Also, it wouldn't be out of the question to have Wedge Antilles on the show, seeing how he was already leader of Rogue Squadron in Ep. IV.

Status
Not open for further replies.