Disney Channel Upfront 2013

Drtooth

Reaction score
On the subject of the new Avengers cartoon... I remember when plans to end the previous Avengers cartoon with this newer one came out and the crap hit the fan. They wanted something more in line with the Marvel Cinema Universe (the Disney owned one, that is), even though the show was fairly like that to begin with. Seems all they did was change the title for the next seasons.

Unlike, let's say, WB and DC... who are dead set on not producing 4 cartoons at a time, and are canning Young Justice and Green Lantern to make room for a Batman cartoon that has promise, and a Teen Titans cartoon that just can't be any good. People are really angry about that. Though, the writing was on the wall for Young Justice when it started. When hasn't Greg Weisman been screwed out of a cartoon series?

More proof that Marvel comics continues to please its fans (to an extent anyway) while DC always ticks everyone off.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Why should it? he already did Fosters. Fosters wasn't like PPG, it was its own thing. This new series promises to be its own thing as well, and it will be much better for it. I'd hate to have cartoonists pigeonholed into making the same thing over and over.

Did you know some Japanese animation company forced Osamu Tezuka to make a subpar clone of Astroboy called Jetter Mars, and everyone involved kinda hated it, especially the man himself?

I don't want to see a show like Fosters, I wanna see something new. If you mean humor wise... that's a gamble. That only happens if you have the same writers, and often times, the writers of one show move on to another (often their own).