Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclematt

Reaction score
I thought that was beautiful. It was a bit different, but not as different as it appeared from season to season.

The VMX theater seats were even placed and divided in an odd way. Also the steps leading up to the back balcony just shouldn't have been there. We see the whole theater in all 5 season opening credits so everyone has a feeling of what it should look like. I don't have the DVD with me or I'd compare screen grabs of the VMX version. I was a little disappointed in it, but that really is nit-picky. However, I'd really like to see Disney create a good and permanent approximation of the set.
I agree I am not a huge fan of the actual house (sorry I am a actor, that is the correct terminology) of the theatre myself. I especially agree ot the stairs leading up to the balcony

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think LTS is a pretty good sign they can get back on that track. And the writers pledged to keep this in tune with GMC and the like, so there is no doubt in my mind they can pull it off. I mean, sure... I see a lot of it resting on Disney's hands whether they'll let the writers do what they want or not... MFS is sure a good example of studio meddling, as they pressured the heck out of them to change a perfectly good script with subtlety. But, once again, LTS didn't have much of the pandering to any real group that VMX or (worse) Oz had.

unclematt

Reaction score
Films are a long production. I think that both films will get done.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think it remains to be seen how things will turn out, and for the moment I welcome all opinions, positive or negative. Either could be right at this point, heh.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
What was the last news of the movie we heard? Segel turned in the script draft to Disney, right? That's extremely exciting! I can't wait till we hear some more! :big_grin:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
It appears this thread is beginning to calm down some now.

But, stop arguing and saying things too tough at one another. There are more civil ways to dispute and agree to disagree than to get feathers riled up. Keep in mind that when penguins' feathers rile up, they usually explode, and that also happens on message boards, gang.

I, too, have been guilty of being a naysayer and am stopping that if I can because it brings about negativity and I'd rather say positive things about what's going on, or how I think things could be made better (in a fan's opinion) and still be positive as then things that happen should be good.

Just remember: Respect each others' opinions, please, because you're all wrong! HA HA!

But, seriously: Respect each others' opinions, please. Now, everybody hug and make up. :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Agreeing to disagree is a good thing. :wink:

I do think there are legitimate concerns that should be brought up on occasion. Yet there's also nothing wrong with keeping a positive open mind. Really I'm in favor of both and don't see a conflict. :wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... This thread is going to be closed while we attempt to clean out some of the more, erm, controversial posts. Thanks for understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.