Status
Not open for further replies.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Until they get to muppetcast's flickr page, you can see the preview here

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oooh! Thank you so much! Of course we've already seen bits of Rowlf, Janice and Floyd that were attractive, Fozzie caused some concerns and Kermit looks okay only from a side angle. His faces are a little much.

From what I saw here Miss Piggy, Link and Strangepork actually looked fairly strong. Scooter looks a little manga-esque, but he's okay. Sweetums appears to have taken a cue from Captain Caveman, but he's fine as well. Beaker looks okay, but Bunsen is cone-headed instead of melon-headed (hence the name). I really don't like what was done to him, but my biggest fear has come true.

:concern: Gonzo isn't Gonzo. He looks like a blue-nosed "Beaky Buzzard". :sympathy:

Thanks again for sharing this. I hope to see some higher res pictures. The stories look cool and Muppety so I'll likely still give this a chance. I just hope they revise the art.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Sorry, this just reinforces my opinion from when I saw it in person at the Con. I hate the way Kermit, Bunsen and especially Gonzo look. (I thought Gonzo looked like a bird before I read Frogboy's comment). The others I just don't like.

This gives true meaning to the old adage "Don't judge a book by its cover"!

:stick_out_tongue:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well i dont care how they are drawn this is a great way to bring back some of the Muppets we have not seen in forever!

muppetperson

Reaction score
Dont get me wrong.I am all for a muppet comic coming out and it is great to see rarer characters come back, but I would like to see better drawings.It is funny how some of us like the different drawing style, yet when it comes to merchandise-jump up and down if the color is wrong or pupil size!(Yes I know the Replicas should be spot on and Comics are different, but I am also refering to the people complaining about the general Muppet toys not looking correct)I like to see the Muppets consistant, no mater what the medium is.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Stylization of the characters is fine by me, but the actual Muppet likeness should account for at least 50% of the finished model. That weirdo isn't Gonzo. It's a take of on 10% of how he looked first season and 90% Langridge invention. Gonzo is such a beautiful and interesting puppet on its own. This artistry makes no use of that in favor of something barely resembling the fella. :concern:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Did they say that this was the final draft?
The comic is not coming out until next spring so alot of changes could be made. this more then likely something like a first draft ,and when the comic comes out the art work will look better

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Did they say that this was the final draft?
The comic is not coming out until next spring so alot of changes could be made. this more then likely something like a first draft ,and when the comic comes out the art work will look better
I hope so. These pieces will likely be peppered in along with some new art. Maybe they're waiting to hear reactions. Some of the art is catchy, but I know quite a few people around here that could draw circles around this artist's current rendering. The Gonzo design really kind of broke my heart. Products and his likeness have been getting so good lately. :concern:

Status
Not open for further replies.