Disney greenlights "The Muppet Show" comics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Personally, I can't really be that judgemental of the artwork. Certain muppets are easier to draw than others. I can draw a beautifully accurate Sweedish Chef, but the "non-complex" Ernie is such a pain in the neck to get right.

And I still can't get Gonzo to NOT look like his baby counterpart.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Personally, I can't really be that judgemental of the artwork. Certain muppets are easier to draw than others. I can draw a beautifully accurate Sweedish Chef, but the "non-complex" Ernie is such a pain in the neck to get right.
Ack! I have a horrible time drawing Ernie! I finally drew one recently that looks pretty good, but it still isn't really... Ernie. It looks a bit more like clay-animated Ernie. I have the same problem with Kermit. He's a tough frog to draw without making him look kinda dull, mainly because of the eyes, possibly why this artist decided not to draw his eyes correctly.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Not yet.Steve has them and just has to get around to putting them up on his flickr page.
Thanks. I keep checking.

Don't get me wrong, I am excited about this. The backgrounds, color and page design look great as does some of the character design. That Janice looks groovy. :flirt: I am concerned over Kermit, Fozzie and Miss Piggy a little bit too. I am also very curious about Gonzo. I like to see new artistic perspectives on the Muppets. I just don't favor the more extreme ones defining them for an entire project.

And I would call the police if I saw that Fozzie hanging out on my street corner. He looks suspicious. :embarrassed:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ack! I have a horrible time drawing Ernie! I finally drew one recently that looks pretty good, but it still isn't really... Ernie. It looks a bit more like clay-animated Ernie. I have the same problem with Kermit. He's a tough frog to draw without making him look kinda dull, mainly because of the eyes, possibly why this artist decided not to draw his eyes correctly.
My Kermit isn't too bad. A tad cartoonish, like a hybrid between Baby Kermit and his older counterpart. Another problem I have is with Piggy. I drew her so many times, I've over simplified it, and it doesn't look like her anymore.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Miss Piggy is tough. This is about the only good Piggy I've ever drawn, but it's still not right. The problem with Piggy, at least for me, is making her look fairly attractive, but still make her look like Miss Piggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.