1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Disney has done everything RIGHT in 2014

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by beaker, Feb 3, 2014.

1. SkeetScootSquat

SkeetScootSquat Active Member

Piggy,Shrimp-face 'n' da frog are makin' my smile turn upside down... But da bear, da weirdo, 'n' da drummer are bringing it back...but then I look at Pepe,Kermit,And Piggy again and I turn queasy.I have mixed feelings about this postcard...

2. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I'm not really sure what your talking about here......care to explain?

3. SkeetScootSquat

Ms Piggy And Kermit are in weirdish poses, and Pepe looks photo-shopped. on the other hand, Gonzo, Fozzie and Animal are pretty good. I have mixed feelings about this postcard. sorry for the confusion. I promised A friend that I'd speak hipster for a day,since I embarrassed him in public.Funny story, really,but For the sake that we are getting off topic,I'm not gonna tell it right now.

4. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Ha ha OK....What postcard are you talking about, and is it the same picture as most of the posters look for the new movie?

5. SkeetScootSquat

What Galagr posted. I think its a postcard.

6. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

I for one was quite skeptical Disney could "ressurect" the muppets (even a toughpigs article showed some of the things that could go wrong) but they really did it big this year. I mean it's barely March but we've already got over 10 Toyata commercials, Lipton commercials, and Muppets Most Wanted! I hope by the end of the year though we get TMS S4 (AT LEAST) on DVD or at least get an offical release date. I mean Disney is really racking up the commercials for MMW compared to MFS which had like 2 commercials total.

7. SkeetScootSquat

which Toughpigs article???

8. Muppet Master

SkeetScootSquat likes this.
  9. Walter

Walter Active Member

Ooh! a new MV3D segment!? :fanatic:

I'm really loving how things have been going for The Muppets... They're back and here to stay! :fanatic:

10. SkeetScootSquat

11. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

You can't imagine how hard it is for someone like me who's overseas where the movie hasn't made it yet. Now I'm stuck with either having to wait three more months or trying to find a ripped version to watch online - so far no luck.

(shakes both arms a la Tommy Wiseau) "You are tearing me apart Muppets!"

DrDientes and SkeetScootSquat like this.
  12. DutchMuppet

DutchMuppet Member

Today I'm a little frustrated with Disney. Last week I entered a national contest (in the Netherlands). Question about who is your favorite Muppet. Entered with Rawlf (offcourse :sympathy: ). And I won! Free tickets for the movie and a t-shirt. Woohoo! Mail: You get your prize soon! Couple days went by: nothing. So today I emailed the company who gave away the prizes. Turns out: Disney is late with delivering the prizes. When I said that a lot of theaters will not show the movie after next week, they were surprised because the movie is just in cinema's. Explained that the movie is already a week and a half in theaters and because of the ticketsales a third week will not happen. But now they say "Yeah, but there will be one open so you must go there". Turns out to be Amsterdam: An 3 hour drive from my home! Just because Disney is slow with sending stuff. Sorry but I had to get it of my chest.

13. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Ugh, sorry that happened. Poor planning on someone's part to say the least!

14. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Now they're doing everything wrong.

The movie barely made budget over here, so why not try to recoup losses overseas? It's baffling to say the least.

15. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

Why respond to a post that is already several months old now, as well as being moot? :confused:

16. Muppet Master

Well, ya Disney kind of over-did advertising. I mean just 1 toyota commercial during the super bowl, and lipton tea during the oscars was quite enough to get people on the road, as well as advertisements for the film every now and then, but they totally over-killed with the billions of shows they were on like GMA, QVC, Jimmy Kimmel, the chew, etc. I mean not everyone in the world isn't an obsessed muppet fan, some people just get annoyed.

17. JonnyBMuppetMan

JonnyBMuppetMan Active Member

You bring up an interesting point, but honestly, the advertising wasn't any more overdone than most movie promotions (or ads in general) nowadays. The main problem as I see it is that the movie was released at the tail end of what turned out to be a crowded season of family movies; most of them were critical and/or financial hits (Frozen, Lego Movie, Peabody & Sherman). That and Divergent seemed to come out of nowhere, but I digress...

It does make me think how much better it would've done if it had been released over the summer. The first three Muppet films premiered in June and July. Plus, the only family movies I can think of that are being released this summer are the How to Train Your Dragon and Planes sequels.

18. Luke

Luke Active Member

Totally agree - and I think we will see same with Star Wars too. I think as has been said it's that combination of putting the backing behind a property but also understanding it creatively and doing all the things with it the "universe" of fans have dreamed of. Disney used to Disneyfy things, even around MWOZ time, but I think now they have organically grown from being about much more than mouse ears. Good job all round.

Duke Remington likes this.
  19. fozzieisfunny

fozzieisfunny Well-Known Member

Hold up, I know this has nothing to do with the topic, but beaker has only been on this forum for 12 years, not 16. He joined in 2002. Therefore, he never could've chatted with people in 1998, nor 1999.

20. Aaron

Aaron Active Member

The forum has switched hosts since 1998. Everyone had to re-register. Beaker has been here since 1998