Disney Infinity

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm a little displeased with the strong emphasis on Pixar characters rather than actual, original Disney ones. And the game seems very more promotional than being a fun game that has different Disney stars (i.e Kingdom Hearts). I mean, Monsters' U, Jack Sparrow is advertised as being from the upcoming 5th pirates movie, and the characters from Frozen are going to be in it. Where's Donald? Goofy? Apparently, Mickey's going to be in it at some point, as Sorcerer Mickey. Why not put him in originally? It's not like he's the company mascot or something.
I can see why they avoided Mickey and co. Probably due to Epic Mickey. I really want to see some sort of Donald Duck based game, like an updated Maui Mallard or a better PK game or something.

Then again, if this is equivalent to Skylanders, there's going to be collectible figures and probably some DLC stuff, adding other characters later. So there's maybe hope for other Muppet and Disney characters yet.

But game or not, the figures sound awesome. it's about time we got new The Incredibles merchandise.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
its been CONFIRMED by several Disney site that IT IS THE MUPPETS EM bus! (example: http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/ne...er-pack-and-play-set-us-pricing-revealed.html)
Uh...yeah...I think my screenshot pretty much proves that...

Wrong! you CAN! :wink: some Disney fan forums Im on posted video with John Lasseter saying so! if you look at the game trailer again at 2:09, Mr. Incredible IS in the Cars world! as at 2:22 Capt. Jack Sparrow and Jack Skellington are also in the Cars world!
Well, THIS quote from the website I posted suggested that It was only characters and objects....

These play sets, however, only scratch the surface of the Infinity experience. You see, any item or character unlocked in a specific character's world will then be accessible in Toy Box mode--an evolution of the popular mode of the same name from the Toy Story 3 video game adaption. The toy box allows creative players to let loose within this do-what-you-want world. This could mean turning the keys to Buzz Lightyear's jetpack over to Jack Sparrow, letting Sulley tool around in Cinderella's royal carriage, or pitting The Incredible's Dash against Lightning McQueen in a high-speed race to the finish line. Within the toy box there are also adventures, tutorial-styled challenges and mini-games that help newcomers get comfortable with Infinity's various mechanics.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
If anyone was actually interested in this game, it's been delayed. From a gaming standpoint, pushing it to late August is really dumb. It almost seems like they WANT to compete with Skylanders which is coming out around the same time. Also, kids, the main target of this, are going back to school. The summer release would have been better. I would understand if it was around Christmas, but really? August?

http://www.screwattack.com/news/disney-infinity-delayed-until-august-strategic-retailer-move