Disney planning more 3D re-releases

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Because Toy Story and The Lion King just weren't enough. :stick_out_tongue:

Beauty and the Beast: January 13, 2012
Finding Nemo: September 14, 2012
Monsters, Inc.: January 18, 2013 (basically a huge Monsters University I take it)
The Little Mermaid: September 13, 2013

I don't know how on earth they plan on 3D-ifying The Little Mermaid, since a good 90% of that movie and hand inked-and-painted and not in CAPS. And I really think seeing Gaston would just make theaters explode but I'm still excited for these, especially the Pixar films. Just spreading the word here.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Because Toy Story and The Lion King just weren't enough. :stick_out_tongue:

Beauty and the Beast: January 13, 2012
Finding Nemo: September 14, 2012
Monsters, Inc.: January 18, 2013 (basically a huge Monsters University I take it)
The Little Mermaid: September 13, 2013

I don't know how on earth they plan on 3D-ifying The Little Mermaid, since a good 90% of that movie and hand inked-and-painted and not in CAPS. And I really think seeing Gaston would just make theaters explode but I'm still excited for these, especially the Pixar films. Just spreading the word here.
3-D or not 3-D, it's great that Disney's re-releasing these older films to theaters. It's no secret I HATE watching films on TV. Good ones look pathetic, bad ones somehow play a little better, but over all... you need a REALLY expensive TV for these to look good.

Still, I'm very disappointed that the 3-D re-release of Nightmare Before Christmas isn't an annual thing. I mean, there's like NOTHING good to do on Halloween for me and I'd LOVE to see that film every year on the nice big screen instead of on my crummy little TV. I have the DVD and all, but there's something amazing about the experience of going to a movie...

Too bad Monsters Inc's re-release is so early.... January? I never see a movie then.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If 3D hadn't taken over movies I might be a bit excited...
3-D's a stupid gimmick but for whatever reason it seems to work alright with animation. Though, honestly, with animated movies done in 3-D, not digitally re-altered.

I didn't want to see Lion King in theaters because it's 3-D, I wanted to see Lion King in theaters. I think Disney could make a nice mint re-releasing films in 2-D the way they used to way back when. Especially since they pull that ANNOYING "Disney Vault" crap with most of their films, and how they refuse to use the Disney Channel to air Disney movies now.

I'd see ANY of them if they're rereleased (except a certain few I won't mention).

But somehow, I wish they'd take the shorter Pixar ones and put them on a double bill like they did with Toy Story.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If 3D hadn't taken over movies I might be a bit excited...
What still bothers me is that somebody apparently died and made James Cameron god of filmmaking, because apparently HE says that HE wants ALL new movies within the next 20 years to be strictly 3D, and that HE wants 3D to be the ONLY format within the next 20 years.

Did anyone here who saw Avatar actuallyu like it? And apparently he's making a sequel... yeesh...

Drtooth

Reaction score
What still bothers me is that somebody apparently died and made James Cameron god of filmmaking, because apparently HE says that HE wants ALL new movies within the next 20 years to be strictly 3D, and that HE wants 3D to be the ONLY format within the next 20 years.
3-D is kinda not as popular as the film industry likes to think it is... mainly due to their asinine frequent price increases for the digitally projected stuff... I though digital films were cheaper to make because they were film-less. Why is the price still so high? Everyone's getting sick of it, half the movies that use it don't need it, the other half are special effects that don't need a plot. I hated the fact I had to see Green Lantern and Captain America in 3-D because they refused to have any 2-D showings... I missed Thor because of that.

However, I still applaud Disney rereleasing films to theaters. If they did this with every movie, never again would someone who wanted to watch a movie once have to pay a hundred bucks on e-Bay or Amazon because it's out of print. Really, Disney... really... what's the big idea?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I though digital films were cheaper to make because they were film-less. Why is the price still so high?
It's not necessarily that they're cheaper to make, it's just "progress"... it's the whole belief that's driven into their heads that "newer is always better", and since progress is that digital movies and such are "new", that they're "better"... when they're really not... again, having DVDs osf such that were shot digitally, what do you see with them that film lacked? Pixelation. The more action that happens on screen, the more pixelated the picture becomes... and what about so-called "HD"? Well, somehow, something actually shot in "HD" may look good, like say if it's uploaded directly to YouTube, but not necessarily otherwise... like current stuff from SST, they look great on YouTube, but on TV and DVD, those same bits look terribly blurry and fuzzy, like a poor quality video on YouTube.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: with the way so many things are making a comeback this decade (like records and such), I hope 35mm film will be one of those things that'll make a comeback.

Scooterfan5

Reaction score
I am excited to see, Beauty and the Beast, come back to theaters.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I am excited to see, Beauty and the Beast, come back to theaters.
I think my sister got that one just before they took it off the shelves. I know she was VERY lucky to find a used Little Mermaid from the last time they released it and it didn't cost a hundred bucks.