Disney planning more 3D re-releases

robodog

Reaction score
I saw that Journey To the center of the earth remake thing. Not at Theatres. We gt it on pay per view. It was awful.
I can't see myself having to wear glasses to fully enjoy a movie. 3D is a turn-off for me. It's a moot point anyway because I can't go out to theatres anymore. The last movie I saw in theatres was The Simpsons Movie.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
The only ones I will actually go to are Finding Nemo and Monsters Inc. (bec. I just love that movie) and it's also in preperation for Monsters University

beaker

Reaction score
Yeah, Coraline really is a movie you HAVE to see in 3D, otherwise, it's a bit harder to watch. I mean I do like the movie overall, it's in my DVD collection, but watching it without the 3D doesn't quite work.
The objects in Coraline, unlike cgi films, is real. So it definitely helps add the illusion. otherwise MOST "3d" films do not feel 3d and most the film it looks like just a darker muddier 2d movie. Thor, POTC stranger tides, etc...all garbage "3d"

Films that were TRULY 3d that I saw...Tron Legacy, Monsters vs Aliens, Up, Coraline, Beowulf and Hugo. Every other "3d" film Ive seen live action or not since 2008 has not truly felt 3d.

Drtooth

Reaction score
3-D only works well for animation. Everything else just looks off to me. I hate that I had to see 2 movies that way... it was darker and muddier and my eyes kept blinking... I hope people get sick of it soon. Lion King actually looked pretty good... but then again, I think Disney should re-release EVERY film they ever had on the big screen during slow months. I detest the "Disney Vault" that they keep forcing the movies into, only to have them come out with less and less special features. Getting a lame Pop star to record a tone deaf version of the movie's signature song ISN'T A SPECIAL FEATURE!! There's nothing like seeing these films on the big screen anyway. 3-D or no 3-D, rereleasing's where it's at!

beaker

Reaction score
3-D only works well for animation. Everything else just looks off to me. I hate that I had to see 2 movies that way... it was darker and muddier and my eyes kept blinking... I hope people get sick of it soon. Lion King actually looked pretty good... but then again, I think Disney should re-release EVERY film they ever had on the big screen during slow months. I detest the "Disney Vault" that they keep forcing the movies into, only to have them come out with less and less special features. Getting a lame Pop star to record a tone deaf version of the movie's signature song ISN'T A SPECIAL FEATURE!! There's nothing like seeing these films on the big screen anyway. 3-D or no 3-D, rereleasing's where it's at!
I agree. I own nearly a thousand dvds, but I would RUSH to theaters to see all sorts of classics...Fifth Element, Se7en, Goonies, Never Ending Story, etc. Im so so glad I got to see Muppets Take Manhattan on the big screen a couple years ago again.

Id love to see Fantasia in theaters, or see again Emperors New Groove and Fantasia 2000. Im KICKING myself for not seeing toy story 1 and 2 in 3d at theaters. how were they?

Otherwise, I feel non 3d showings of 2d films are more worth it...its like pay 6 extra bucks for a much lamer muddier version