Disney really getting ready to use the Muppets to help teach kids about...

matleo

Reaction score
Dear Mr. Hill,

While I appreciate ththe information that you supply with your article, would it be at all possible to refer to the Muppets in an article and NOT use alliteration. Yes, we know you're a writer and we're very proud that you have learned to use this device, but there is also something known as "overusing a device" which can sometimes detract from the point you are trying to make. Any help you can offer Muppet fans in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely, Kermit and company, Piggy and Pals, Fozzie and friends, Gonzo and gang, Scooter and sidekicks, Bunsen, Beaker and buddies, and Animal and amigos,

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I don't... I don't know how I feel about this. YES I like the idea of the Muppets coming back, but NO I don't like them being targetted at kids. The Muppets were designed for adults, Sesame Street was designed for kids. I do like the fact though, that the writer Jim Hill talked to didn't like the idea, I don't think the Playhouse Disney person he talked to would really have much say over it... I dunno, I just really don't want to see the technology show happen. Maybe for Muppet Babies, actually, definitely for Muppet Babies, but not the Muppets.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
*Choke*

I would love that they put the muppets back! But I agree with the adult thing. I don't want Miss Piggy to baby talk the audience or act silly like the teletubies. Oh no...;-; I can see it now! I can see Pepe the prawn singing the ABCs to Scooter. D: OMG NOOOO!

BEAR

Reaction score
Well, the Classic Muppets are not new to the whole education thing, but I don't know how I feel this idea would work. It could be good, but I agree with you, Prawnie. I don't want this to nail these characters down to only doing things for children. In my honest opinion, the Muppets were not created for children or adults. they were created for families. That's the kind of entertainment they've always provided and that's where they should stick.

SSLFan

Reaction score
I would love to see the Muppets return..but technology? Who wants to watch a show on technology! You get enough of that in school! Besides, think of who will star in it..:confused: :eek:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Well SSL Fan, Jim Henson was always a great pioneer in technology, and Sesame Street did used to teach kids about technology, so to some extent it does make sense...
But this is not Sesame Street, and to that end I agree with the rest of you. I suppose it wouldn't be so bad as long as they treat the muppets with some dignity, which tmight still happen.
Well my opinion is, either it won't happen at all, or else it will happen in some sort of different form than now invisioned. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!
:smile:

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Well... it really can't hurt to see where they're going with this. Still, I feel like this sort of thing is better suited for Sesame Street. I'm not planning on joining Jim Hill's message boards just to vote in those polls, but I'm a fan of the Muppets because of their entertainment value, NOT educational value.

We all know we'd watch anyway.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
im not going to give jim hill the time of day really. i really think that no matter what the muppets do will be good if they stay true the who they are.