Disney really getting ready to use the Muppets to help teach kids about...

dwayne1115

Reaction score
i think that when it really comes down to it reallly has to come to the writeing. If they have a bunch of people who dont really know what the muppets are about then this thing (if it comes out) will not be so great. If they have somone who is working hard to keep the muppets the way they where then i think things that the muppets do will be good. If you have not looked at the ask Jim Leiws thread you really should. Some fans have asked some reall good muppet questions about the muppets and changes that have been made. Jim honestly answers and when we do ask questions sometimes he even says he will try and work on some things. Like for example the question about Gozo and his weirdness came up and why he was more of a strit man. Jim said the reason for that was the fact that after Jim henson Died Steve was not ready to do kermit full time or as much as he should for him to be the normal lead in a movie. Jim also said that he would try and work on Gonzo wired side because that was what he was really good at.
So you see we have a muppet witer that is listing to usmuppet fans. If jim is writing then i know we have nothing to worry about. besides from what Jim has told me he is not that computer savy anyways.

scottishpiggy

Reaction score
hmm....
there was a technology show done by henson, it had a wee CGI blue thing ( that they use in muppets 3d) and it covered stuff like that without dumbing down, wish i could remember the name of it...it wasnt great tho :frown:

I am adamantly, 100 % AGAINST this idea.:'( Jim fought for years not to make the muppets for kids, - look at the original title! AND i dont think it will ever work again- dont get me wrong, i ADORE the muppets, and nothing would make me happier than a come back, BUT:
1) muppets tonight was TERRIBLE. it may have worked if theyd stuck to the originals- there were some good characters, but , come on!
2)Would it be the original performers? Take wizard of oz- that wasnt the originals, and, yes, ok, they did a great job, but i KNEW it wasnt frank oz. That, and it just didnt flow as well as other movies.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Getting off the techno topic and onto that brief mention of the Muppets with Zack and Cody...what oh what is that all about? Some kind of crossover like this?

What was that show they crossed-over into before? Cliff's Nightmere or something? Anyone have any ideas how this would even work with Zack and Cody?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
rexcrk said:
Oh yeah and I guess I'm the only Disney Channel fan here, 'cause I would love to see the Muppets interacting with the casts of Suite Life, High School Musical,etc. :halo:
I actually think this could work and be awesome, if done right. Zack and Cody is a great show with good humor, in fact it's one of the only tollerable shows I can watch on Disney Channel. I think having the Muppets do a guest appearance on there would be a step in the right direction, but that's just me.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
hmm....
there was a technology show done by henson, it had a wee CGI blue thing ( that they use in muppets 3d) and it covered stuff like that without dumbing down, wish i could remember the name of it...it wasnt great tho :frown:
That show was called The Jim Henson Hour, and the blue things name was Waldo C. Graphic. I wish he'd be used in this new series. I don't think the show was supposed to be technology-based or educational, but it did use a lot of technology, such as computer-animated backgrounds.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well JHH was sort of intended to be educational, it tried to introduce and explain various systems and methods associated with making television.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Bo... You're thinking of the episode with JHH Muppets of The Cosby Show.
*Smirks at people taking for certain that what's said in Jim Hill's articles are gospel truth, worrying about if this and/or that happens.
Guys... There's a much better and much more reputable source of Muppet news, GelflingWaldo's Muppet News Flash site. That's all I'll say on the matter.

Drtooth

Reaction score
"This is news to me," said my un-named source. "I can tell you that we're getting ready to shoot some mini-movies. Ones will have the Muppets interacting with members of the cast of such hit Disney Channel shows as 'The Suite Life with Zack & Cody' as well as 'High School Musical.' But I haven't heard anything about a new technology-based TV series being in the works."
Anyone else scared the heck out of this?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
*Smirks at people taking for certain that what's said in Jim Hill's articles are gospel truth, worrying about if this and/or that happens.
Guys... There's a much better and much more reputable source of Muppet news, GelflingWaldo's Muppet News Flash site. That's all I'll say on the matter.
Yeah, you're right Ed. If GelflingWaldo says something about it I'll accept it as fact, just preparing myself for what may/may not happen.