Disney's Muppets

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Here's what Disney SHOULD do. Since the term "Disney's Muppets" (or even Jim Henson's Muppets) would mostly be used in the realm of merchandising, they should just let the Muppet and Bear logos stand on their own, and put the Disney Consumer Products logo in the corner somewhere, much like Warner Bros. does with Scooby-Doo products.

Luke

Reaction score
I agree Kenny. And as for not being able to use the Jim Henson name, i'm sure they could sort that out if they really wanted to - not buy it, but agree or license it with the Henson legacy or something. It really does stink - if a petition had any chance i'd be up for it.

MuppetNewsFlash

Reaction score
Whatever said:
This is the kind of things we can expect from Disney.
http://www.elliott.org/vault/destinations/2002/mypal.htm
I'm telling you, Big Brother.
I have a Pal Mickey and I think it's great. It gave a ton of good advice when I was last down in Disney and that was my 19th visit. Since bringing it home I have never once noticed any spy camera or antenna pop out of his head to transmit info about me to the "evil empire" of Disney. I know this is a little off thread, sorry.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
(Sure, I'm kiddin...but, ain't it dramatic?? *Key: Mysterious Music!*)

MuppetNewsFlash said:
I have never once noticed any spy camera
NOT that you've NOTICED!! Look at the pupil of his eye a little closer; and if there's a microchip, you don't need spy cameras or microphones...

Yep...they're watching. They're watching and waiting, even if it is a little blip on a bigger radar...they know you and know where you are, who you are, and are coming for you!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Several sources have confirmed to us that it will be Disney's Muppets in some form.
Well, that just sucks like a car wash vaccuum cleaner! :mad:

Sure, maybe drop the Jim Henson's part of it all, but leave Disney's off that stuff! It's confusing, and ugly!!

Just call it what it is: The Muppets.

Muppetto

Reaction score
I was just reading some movie news at Ain't It Cool News and happened upon this piece. In it, Jim Hill of JimHillMedia.com says that the Henson children's decision to sell the MUPPETS to Disney was not for the money, but rather because they were forced into taking over their father's company after he died and not able to pursue their own career ambitions. More info here: http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=17095

GonzoPimp

Reaction score
That was a very interesting perspective. Thanks for the article.

GonzoPimp

Reaction score
As far as the Disney Muppets, thats their game. Ya it would be nice to have Jim's name, it would also be respectful and proper, but thats not what the Walt Disney Company is about. They are not about giving credit to the people to make the magic happen, they are about one name, Walt Disney. I mean most people don't even know who Roy Disney Sr. is or what is contributions were.

Jim Henson is one of my heros and always will be, but even he knew how the game was played, else we would have Jim Henson and Frank Oz's Muppets.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
the wokkanator said:
I was just reading some movie news at Ain't It Cool News and happened upon this piece. In it, Jim Hill of JimHillMedia.com says that the Henson children's decision to sell the MUPPETS to Disney was not for the money, but rather because they were forced into taking over their father's company after he died and not able to pursue their own career ambitions. More info here: http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=17095
I've been warned by several site owners that most of what Jim Hill says is okay, but lots more of it is based on rumors and to take it with a grain of salt.

Well, that's what I heard...