1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Do you feel bad for liking Sesame Street?

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by ssetta, Apr 5, 2009.

1. zns

zns Active Member

I couldn't agree more with your statement. It's not just Sesame Street that gets me hyped up, but everything else that Jim has done as well; from The Muppet Show to Fraggle Rock, from The Dark Crystal to The Storyteller. We all have our own likes and interests, and at times they can be quite overpowering.

Now that I am in my twenties, I am becoming more and more open minded to other things in life. I enjoy music, art, reading, going to the movies and seeing different pays and musicals, or just hanging out with groups of people. More importantly though, I base my life around my family and God. Jim Henson's creations will always have a place in my heart. But other things in life matter as much to me as they do.
  2. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Of course you can't convince anyone to change how they feel.

Why ever bother?

Just don't even talk to him or her.
  3. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Agreed, you have to pick your battles.
  4. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

We aren't just telling you what you want to hear, we are saying what each of us honestly thinks :) (and I am saying it, to, as a person that also has had a lifelong disability that makes me see the world differently. I'm sure there are many others :).)
    I have found it is better to not even give those "My way of seeing the world in all it's hating *insert happy, hopeful show here* glory is the only real way of living, wake up to it, stupid dreamer and stop being so idealistic!." people the time of day. They are about as good to try to talk into thinking any other way as a brick wall. And I'm tired of slamming my head into walls :p.
  5. heralde

Very wise words: "You can't reason someone out of something that they didn't reason themselves into in the first place." ;)

And also, sometimes people don't agree. It's not the end of the world as long as everyone is respectful.
  6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

With all due respect, that person likes Britney Spear's music. That's like someone telling you that "Citizen Kane" is the worst movie ever, and then saying the best movie ever is "Meet the Spartans." I'm sure you like her music too, and I do feel sorry for what the media has done to her. Still.... you shouldn't let people like that boss you around.
  7. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Right :). Because once you start giving in to people like that it can get harder and harder to think for yourself when you like something they think is bad and always follow suit to feel like you belong...
  8. heralde

I hope this doesn't sound wrong but it's often true that if you're into quality, you're going to find yourself in small company. That's just something you have to deal with in life sometimes.

Of course the more you broaden your horizons and the more people you meet, the more likely you'll find people who share your interests.
  9. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Let me get this stright, you don't hate Elmo, but you hate when people call the show "Elmo's World". Did I get that right?
  10. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

If the person doesn't want to "understand" Sesame Street, they aren't going to. You shouldn't get into a frenzy trying to find something "acceptable" from it (like a joke aimed at the grown ups watching with their kids, or a shoutout). Like I already said, don't sweat it, like what you like! Just telling you how I feel :)
  11. ErnieandTelly

ErnieandTelly New Member

I feel bad Because, They got the old episodes removed on Noggin, I just saw it since i was in Kindergarden to mid 3rd grade.
  12. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

What does this got to do with the topic?
  13. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

im not the biggest SST person, im more of an MS person, but i still love SST. i do keep it a little on the DL at school, cause there's this one kid who goes to my school who just cant give me a break. hes like 2 years older than me, yet he cant find someone to pick on his own size. i should actually say own age cause i am way taller than him. but he makes fun of everything i do. the way i talk, the way i stand, the way i play volleyball. so id rather not say a word about SST. if he finds out, im done. i ended up quiting the volleyball team because he was so mean to me. he thinks im gay, and trys to imitate me all the time. once he asked me if i had any balls, so i just walked away. my class doesnt mind. they just laugh at me and move on with their lives.
  14. heralde

I'm really sorry. School is hard for a lot of people, hang in there. And walking away is a wise thing to do. I wish more kids and their parents (both the bullies and the ones who just stand in the background) would understand the damage they are doing to other human beings and to themselves.
  15. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Been there my friend, and I can pretty muhc relate to all of it! Kids are just so immature. Just have to ride this tough time out. I hope it goes beter for you!
  16. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

well gracias my friend