Do you want a Palisades Muppet Babies Playset?

petrieboy

Reaction score
Does anyone want a Muppet Babies Playset of their room with the cribs and slide and everything, one that comes with all the babies, from "Muppets Take Manhattan"
But then, would you include Nanny's lower half, since that is from the cartoon and not the film?

WiGgY

Reaction score
I think if the muppet line goes a little longer it would be cool to have a Muppet babies set. I don't know if it could come with all the muppet babies though. I do like the idea of having nanny's lower half lol. Maybe it could come with 2 or 3 muppet babies since they are small. If Muppet Babies were still played on Nickelodean it would be an even better idea. Too bad all the muppet stuff seems to have moved only to odessy.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the cartoon show is covered by the contract, but the film characters are. That means 6 potential babies and the set, but no Nanny if they decide to do it. I could be wrong about the licensing, but I remember that Henson was pretty strict about it before Palisades acquired the film rights. The puppet versions will make a better sculpt anyway. There have been many baby figures made already so it's not high on my list, but I know it would be on others.

Luke

Reaction score
Yup, i think Jamies right about the licensing - thats what i remember too. I think a Muppet Babies playset would be a huge mistake - sure it'd be popular with a small group of Muppet fans but it'd probably flop in the stores. Same thing with the Koozebane if that was a playset, and maybe Bear On Patrol. There are plenty better things to do that might have mainstream appeal - backstage, theatre, Vets hospital, maybe even things like EM Bus and Happiness Hotel. They don't really have that many spots left to fill if the line ends when the license runs out in 05 !

A Muppet Babies PVC Set - that might not be bad, although i still would think fans of the show have already seen enough of them already - sure Palisades could do them better and they'd be movie versions but not sure if you could get enough people to part with $20 for a set.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I would think there would be an issue with Muppet Babies articulated toys since the age groupe would be 5 and up. I can see some safety concerns. Maybe I'm totally off, but that's the same issue I would have with Sesame figures with a 5 and up age limit. I think Palisades would do a spectacular job but I agree with Luke that a playset would be too much of a gamble. I think an older crowd (of non fans) would be turned off and the under 5 crowd would be shut out. Maybe a facade could come packed in with each figure - like a part of the nursery that could stand alone, but also could link to another part packed in with another figure. It fills the box and gives incentive for fans to buy them all.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
There are so many other options for playsets and figures-- I'd much rather see The Happiness Hotel or a Pepe and Rizzo jacuzzi set, or backstage, or a dressing room, or Pop's diner, or the swamp.....

Muppet Babies are really, really low on my figure wish list. I think Luke and Jamie are right-- would not be great from a retail perspective and could have safety issues.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
There are so many other options for playsets and figures-- I'd much rather see The Happiness Hotel or a Pepe and Rizzo jacuzzi set, or backstage, or a dressing room, or Pop's diner, or the swamp.....
you mean pete's diner right;-) Yes with the cut back of playset i think only the main and best one's should be done.

I think VH should be at the top of the list after PIS.

I wonder about the Happiness Hotel...it would be a full hotel yet just the lobby, who would it come with Pop's? who pop's sell a playset? well yeah he would to make money, but imean ;-) i mean would people buy a playset in with a muppet they most-likey don't remember or have never seen before? maybe Sam the Eagle would work.

the thing is about the great Muppet caper is that it is the least known muppet movie with the public but is one of the most favorite by a lot of the muppet fan's.

I don't know what's wrong with BOP, a police station with open and close jail cell would be neat.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zack the Dog
I don't know what's wrong with BOP, a police station with open and close jail cell would be neat.
I agree it would be a lovely playset - just not so sure people remember 'Bear On Patrol' as much as they do Vets Hospital, Pigs In Space or the Muppet Theatre. As you say with fewer playset spots now available Palisades need to choose the stronger sets that have as much going for them as possible (ie:- broad mainstream appeal, fan favorites, playability, design, memorability) so they can keep up sales and ensure they can continue making more in the future. I'm not totally set against BOP - just not so sure it'd be a great move right now.

Rizzo and Pepe in a Jacuzzi would be cool, as would the Hispaniola, as would the Muppet Boarding House, as would maybe a Muppets Tonight TV studio, as would Pete's Diner (maybe recreating the rats cooking in the kitchen mechanism used by the puppeteers). Afro Kermit would make a great figure, as would MFS Tinfoil Gonzo and the list goes on. There are some really great ideas here - i guess there are just other big and stronger priorities first which might help increase sales and if that happened, anything could be possible.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I actually think a Bear on Patrol set could sell better than a Vet's Hospital set. With a Patrol Fozzie mixed in and some monsters in cages, I see it being much more apepaling on the shelf than a hospital setting. I think both will do well, but I hope Palisades makes something from a film next. Either that or a backstage playset. Pete's diner, though not that interesting, would be a great set for the figures. I think Annika said "Pop's" diner because that's what Jenny called her father in thre movie, "Pop".

WiGgY

Reaction score
I think we should only get muppet baby figures if Palisades pays for the license past 2005. if they get it for like another 3 or 4 years, then maybe the muppet baby figures could be the next continuing series. Just like each of the series from 1-3 comes with an electric mayhem figure, maybe the first 6 series after the license is renewed could me muppet baby figures from MTM. I like the idea of having a background come with each figure and then snapping together with the next. The slide and other play room accessories could come with the figure and the background be on the card or something.

I can see it now. Kermit with the rocking horse. Rowld with a white baby piano. Piggy with that slide. Gonzo with the rings. Fozzie with his bear and half a crib. Scooter with the other half of the crib. The crib would be cut so that it would be more to scale yet still fit. I think it would be a preety good line and not waste one of those vital playset spots. What do you all think about that?