Do you wear glasses or contacts?

baby sinclair

Reaction score
Hey anyone else have those annoying little black or sometimes transparent circles that follow the eyes movement.Please respond back me and my best freind are the only ppl we know that have this problem.

anathema

Reaction score
I have glasses which I use at work. The combination of crappy monitors and fluorescent lighting causes eyestrain :-( The glasses help a bit. I figure it has to be the lighting that's the key factor, since I used to use the same type of monitor at home and never had a problem there.

Just to be weird...my left eye is perfect, but my right eye produces a blurry image. I'd always assumed it wasn't focusing correctly, but it turns out that the optic nerve never developed, so while the eye itself works it produces a low-resolution image. I'm sitting about 18" away from a 21" monitor while I type this, and I cannot read what I'm writing if I only use my right eye. If I ever lose the use of my left eye, I'm screwed - can't read, can't drive...

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Here's another question for everybody.

Are you nearsighted(can only see close up) or are you farsighted(can only see far away)?

I myself am nearsighted.My roomie Sean is farsighted.:smirk:

Klonoa

Reaction score
anathema said:
I have glasses which I use at work. The combination of crappy monitors and fluorescent lighting causes eyestrain :-( The glasses help a bit. I figure it has to be the lighting that's the key factor, since I used to use the same type of monitor at home and never had a problem there.

Just to be weird...my left eye is perfect, but my right eye produces a blurry image. I'd always assumed it wasn't focusing correctly, but it turns out that the optic nerve never developed, so while the eye itself works it produces a low-resolution image. I'm sitting about 18" away from a 21" monitor while I type this, and I cannot read what I'm writing if I only use my right eye. If I ever lose the use of my left eye, I'm screwed - can't read, can't drive...
Sounds like a lazy eye thing. I have a similar thing with my left eye. The optic nerve never developed.

I'm completely blind in my left eye (since birth) and I have tunnel vision in my right eye. Other than that I can see just fine. I don't wear glasses unless I'm doing something like yardwork where I want to protect my good eye. The only thing I can't do is drive a car. And I have trouble with catching moving objects what with the lack of depth perception and periphrial vision and all. But it doesn't keep me from doing anything else!

--Klonoa

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I'm way farsighted. I got the impression in grade school that this was pretty uncommon because the eighth grade science teacher always called me out of class to show her class my glasses' lenses. :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I'm nearsighted, myself! My Eye doctor told me that my eyes have been messed up since birth, but since it was nearsightedness, I didn't notice it until a teacher thought it was odd that I could not see the board without squinting.

I went to the eye doctor, and learned some news that I'm not that happy about. My eye pressure is high. The normal is around 18, and mine is 25 (which is especially high for someone who is younger than 25) and this puts me at an especially high risk for glaucoma. This doesn't mean much at this point in time, but it does mean I have to start going to the eye doctor yearly instead of every other year....blech....

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
anathema said:
I can see things before they happen...
The Force is unusually strong in you... :smile:

I'm wearing my glasses right now as I type this (nearsighted), but usually I wear contacts. I wore glasses from ninth grade through the middle of college, but I got tired of the constant polishing, the fuzzy borders of my field of vision.

Actually, none of that is true. The glasses were to preserve my secret identity, but then I gave them up to be a superhero full-time.