Does Animal care most about his friends or himself?

Thijs

Reaction score
jediX said:
1 I think Harry just enjoys explosions. There never really was much, if any, character development in him. Kaboom.

2 As a side note, what species do you think Animal is, anyway? It's relatively easy to determine what most Muppets are, but I've never been sure what ol' Animal is.
1 Since when does Harry have friends

2 Animal is humanoid

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Tommie said:
2 Animal is humanoid
Really? I always thought he was one of the various "monsters." He is kept on some chain-linked leash.

Tera

Reaction score
BoyRaisin2 said:
Really? I always thought he was one of the various "monsters." He is kept on some chain-linked leash.
I always thought of the leash as a physical component of his relationship to the band and the normal (for the Muppets anyway) world. It only seemed to come into play in the series when he was doing something particularly extreme and the group had to calm him down. (I'm willing to admit I could be totally off base her)

Other than that, I never even noticed it as anything other than a fashion accessory.

As for the species question, I never thought of Animal as anything other than human. It seemed clearest to me in Family Christmas when he sees Cookie Monster eat the plate of cookies and says "That my kind of fella!"

In that scene, Cookie is clearly a monster and Animal is very human to me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I will say that he is a humanoid (I say that about Scooter as well, but I don't think he's anything in particular). Most likely a wildman of Borneo or something. A missing link...

Thijs

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I will say that he is a humanoid (I say that about Scooter as well, but I don't think he's anything in particular). Most likely a wildman of Borneo or something. A missing link...
Scooter is humanoid too, why not? Oh I know, because of his eyes, but that's just puppet-freedom.

Animal is just a wild man who never came on the idea to shave himself.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
This conversation about Animal's species is pretty interesting--I honestly never thought of him as remotely human before. I guess I always took the name "Animal" at face value, and assumed he was some kind of animal. Not a particular animal, but just a muppet "monster" or other undefined creature. This idea of him as human is pretty new to me...

:halo:

jediX

Reaction score
Could always just be his own species :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
that is a great thought for the new muppet movie about where anaimal really came frome alot like muppets frome space.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
NO thank you. MFS was good and all, but Gonzo was a downer. We don't need Animal getting all emotional...except the way he usually does.

Pixelpig

Reaction score
Drummers in general....

He's a drummer....

'nuff said.

I haven't met a drummer yet that wasn't an egomaniac.