Does anyone know how to get work solicited?

Reevz1977

Reaction score
THANKS(!) for all the great advice, folks. I genuinely think, if other fans like your work, half the battle is already over. I really would like to get this infront of the right people at Disney, even if it's just to get their critique.

And it doesn't hurt to build up a LOT more stuff in your portfolio other than specific cartoons/puppets to show to one company. You're gonna have to have a LOT of original stuff, and a sampling of other's works. That's what I've been told in college anyway.
I'm kinda stuck on that one, I'm prohibited from showing my professional work by the companies I work for, which is kinda annoying!

Does anyone know the names of any of the artists on this forum. I have contacted Amy from BOOM before, just to get her opinion on my work, but I'm unfamiliar with any others who work on the Muppets.

Thanks again for all your help folks!
:smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'd ask Jim Lewis - and show him your artwork! Couldn't hurt

Reevz1977

Reaction score
What a great thought Jamie :smile: Does anyone know where I'll find him?

Drtooth

Reaction score
What's the name of that dude that used to be around here, and then he got commissioned to do those variant covers for the muppet comic books? I remember that he kept showing some of his comics when we were talking about the Roger Langridge ones were starting to be leaked to the public... if there is one guy who I'd think you should ask, it would be him.

hoopless

Reaction score
Doesn't Steve Swanson of Muppetcast fame know Lyelle?
He might be trusted enough to forward stuff to her that might be of interest and he'd definitely pass your stuff on. I'd love to see it all bunched together on a huge cardboard cutout at the cinema when the film comes out.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
I'd love to see it all bunched together on a huge cardboard cutout at the cinema when the film comes out.
That day is never going to come:sympathy: I've just received a call from Disney, unfortunately it was to tell me to drop it, leave it alone, they will never look at it, enough's enough (they said it all in the nicest possible way...kind of) So there you go folks, I kinda feel deflated but still:sympathy::sympathy: If anyone out there has any need for an illustrator (I can draw more than Muppets)...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Pfft! Aww...It's THEIR loss! Honstly! Your work is breathtaking.

I've been here myself, a few years ago, when I was trying to pitch an idea for a movie to them and naievely (sp?) felt they would just read it, love it, and make it into a movie. Twenty-five letters or so later, and it remained unsolicited, unread, unwept and unsung (dramatic pause). Sadly, I gave up on that dream and concentrated on university and things instead of pursuing it any further.

I would still say don't give up. Do continue with the art because we ADORE it, and sooner or later you WILL be noticed.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Pfft! Aww...It's THEIR loss! Honstly! Your work is breathtaking.

I've been here myself, a few years ago, when I was trying to pitch an idea for a movie to them and naievely (sp?) felt they would just read it, love it, and make it into a movie. Twenty-five letters or so later, and it remained unsolicited, unread, unwept and unsung (dramatic pause). Sadly, I gave up on that dream and concentrated on university and things instead of pursuing it any further.

I would still say don't give up. Do continue with the art because we ADORE it, and sooner or later you WILL be noticed.
HE LIVES! ! !

*Cue cliche gospel organ interlude*

hoopless

Reaction score
That day is never going to come:sympathy: I've just received a call from Disney, unfortunately it was to tell me to drop it, leave it alone, they will never look at it, enough's enough (they said it all in the nicest possible way...kind of) So there you go folks, I kinda feel deflated but still:sympathy::sympathy: If anyone out there has any need for an illustrator (I can draw more than Muppets)...
That's a real shame. Your work looks perfect for them. Maybe one day they'll realise their mistake once you get some high profile work, which you're bound to get if you keep plugging away and do all you can.

Will we get to see the complete work now?