Does anyone remember a Fraggle songs video?

anathema

Reaction score
Ok, further to my last post, this is what appears to be the case.

The VHS contains what are probably supposed to be stereo hifi tracks; the right channel is significantly poorer quality than the left. I'd write this off as a problem with either my tape or my VCR, except that the exact same problem occurs on the laserdisc as well, which makes this a fault in the master. The VHS also contains a regular audio track, which sounds like it's mono to me.

I'm going to try and reprocess the laserdisc's soundtrack, and try and determine if it's genuinely stereo (and whether the fault can be repaired!).

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
My VCD copy is definitely not lopsided, but I think I know why (sounds like I keep changing my story, but I'm not!) When I first started converting my VHS to disc, I had the audio from the VCR running to 2 separate channels on my mixer, so I could balance the left and right before it entered the computer. If indeed the tracks were off-balance I would have balanced them myself before processing. Listening to the disc now, though, it definitely sounds like it's in mono. This might not have been the case either, because I really don't remember the hi-fi tracks kicking in at all! Of course, I converted it almost 2 years ago, so I don't remember completely. There just might not have been a detectable hi-fi track on my tape.

eric

serenainverse

Reaction score
I saw that one at the West Coast Video store in Philadelphia when it first came out. Very fun, although I wondered about some of the songs they left out!

The same store had a second Fraggle Rock music video called Doozer Music. The box had a Post-It stuck to it that said "Warning: This Video is 10 Minutes Long," so naturally we never rented it.

I'd think there'd have been more than enough songs about or involving Doozers to make a much longer video than that. :smirk:

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
I have Doozer Music as well, and the first couple of songs are repeated from the Fraggle Songs video, making it even more of a ripoff. I've mentioned this before, but if anyone wants to buy this tape from me let me know. I don't think I really need it in my collection.

eric

MJTaylor

Reaction score
I've seen Fraggle Rock Songs too. We rented it from the video store when I was 12. My brothers and I loved it. I must say until now I was never aware that there was one called Doozer Songs. 10 minutes does sound like a rip-off.

radio boy

Reaction score
Fraggle rock

Hey i have two high quality tapes of fraggle rock song book on video but sadly is in PAL format but on my DVD recorder. I can transfere the video onto DVD with sound reduction to get rid of hiss and hums off the recording.

if you want a copy of this and maby we can do a trade my email is BELCHER_01@optusnet.com.au