Does Junior love or hate Fraggles?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
superboober said:
I doubt he really meant it if so. He's more bark than bite.
I think you are right about that. I recall a time he thought he had killed Mokey though to his relief he eventually realized it was only a ragdoll in her likeness.
Surely if he had ever rashly splatted a Fraggle he would have been remorse stricken and cried "What have I done?":frown: :cry:

kellygirl

Reaction score
I pretty much agree with everything you guys said. I think Junior is like any other little boy. Fraggles are like little squriels to Junior. He wants to have fun with them like any other little boy. He wanted to a capture a Fraggle to make his dad proud. I think he'd be very upset if he actutally killed a Fraggle.

Xerus

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
:eek: In which episode was it that Junior made such a dark threat as this?
If Junior ever really had once connected his big club with any Fraggle you would expect that it would surely have been fatal.
Think about like when we hit flies with flyswatters. SPLAT!!!
I believe Junior said that line in the episode where Red stole Cantus's pipe and it dragged her to the Gorg's Garden. Junior saw Red and he grabbed his club and said, "Prepare to die, Fraggle!" At least that's how I remember it.

superboober

Reaction score
I'm guessing he only meant it figureatively; he was thinking about just making an impact, not what the aftereffects of it might have been. And really, seeing how laughably slow he is in wielding clubs in the clutch (if by some chance there really are enemies of the kingdom out there and one day they do press a full scale attack on castle, and Junior's one on duty at the time, it's going to be a very short battle, likely resulting in the end of the Gorg Empire--or what laughably remains of it if it ever existed in the first place, but anyway,...) Red probably had little to worry about anyway--well, in that regard at least.

MokeynSprocket

Reaction score
YES and NO!

In my opinion, Junior Gorg hates fraggles when he is having a bad day, and loves fraggles when his life is going swell.

1st.. It should be understood that, at times, Junior would enjoy bashing a fraggle with his club. If everyone pays close enough attention to their episodes, you would remember the very last episode of Season One when Gobo was "THUMPED" by a Gorg. The begining of the episode showed Gobo in crutches, and Wembley making jokes about him getting "Thumped." Therefore, it can be assumed that Junior finally released some stress from Pa by "THUMPING" Gobo. In this case, he hates fraggles.

2nd.. It seems when Junior is in his cheery moods, he sets aside traps, awaiting to capture them. However, to me, it seems as though he simply wants to observe and play with them.

Just keep in mind that although Junior seems to always be cheerful, so to speak, he does have his days when he has been yelled by Pa, and wants to bash any fraggle in sight.

Hrodulf

Reaction score
In Episode 413: Boober Gorg (thank you Muppet Wiki), the Gorgs catch all the Fraggles, and bring out a club called the "Fraggle thumper" and it looks like they're pretty serious about dashing their brains out. Of course they don't, but pretty creepy anyway.