Does Kermit love Miss Piggy?

Movies205

Reaction score
I'm in a heated battle with this other poster on another board about 2 things... Movies aren't cannon and Kermit the Frog loving ms. piggy... I say movies aren't cannon and kermit doesn't love ms. piggy, I'm right aren't I... I suppose the first point is debatable but didn't kermit say he didn't love ms. piggy on some talk show...

Super Scooter

Reaction score
It's been called the "Greatest one-sided romance of all time."

I've never though Kermit loved Piggy, well, as anything more than a friend. Maybe a little more, but. During the show, Miss Piggy's always after Kermit, but Kermit never returned it. When Miss Piggy went after other guys, Kermit got jealous, but, then when she came after him...

You know, I really don't know what I'm saying here. Just stick to the top line, and I'll leave it at that.

:smile: :mad: :smile: :mad: :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Kermit and Piggy definitely have a keen interest in one another, though they are NOT a couple and are NOT married. The movies are canon to a certain point, but only if it is working into their history. Some portions of their history is related in the films, but then Hollywood takes over. After all, Kermit says, "Well, Robin, it's sort of approximately how it happened."

I think the closest acknowledgement we've ever seen and will ever see is during the VMC when Kermit comes back to the theater and everything is back to normal. We see him, while unconsciously aware he's doing it, grab the Pig and kiss her.

They definitely have feelings for one another, she more than he, but will only be able to follow through on those feelings when she doesn't come on so strongly--then, I believe, Kermit will give in.

I hope he never does, though, because unrequited love is hilarious. :smile: :mad:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
This is a story about unrequited love! ..... Or maybe it's requited love. ... Never knew the difference anyhow.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Going back to the caonnonness of the movies:

I would say that, The Muppet Show, A Christmas Together, Celebration of 30 years, Muppet's in Space are cannon and Muppet Movie is sort of aproximatly how it happened.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I've wondered about that too. I've sort of felt that Kermit loved Piggy as a friend, like the way he loves Fozzie and Gonzo as a friend. On the other hand, when I was little and saw the wedding in "The Muppets Take Manhattan," I always thought they were married for real. I just realized recently that it didn't count because that was just a movie. It is strange how when you see Miss Piggy on television interviews, she says that they are married, but when you see Kermit on television interviews he says they aren't.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i think they like each other as good friends but nothing more. after all, piggy has gone after guests on the muppet show even when she liked kermit. so i think piggy and kermit like to play games with each other when it comes to them liking each other as more than friends..

ryan

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
aww...I believe he 'likes' her, but he just won't admit it, like my cat....I know he loves me, even when he is scratching me!

Sarah

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Kermit has 'feelings' for Miss Piggy on some level, and her chasing others is either 1) to make Kermit jealous (which he gets) or 2) Because Kermit doesn't show her the affection she wants. Of course, both reasons might apply at the same time, too. Who knows.

She's a WOMAN!! She doesn't NEED reasons (that's what my mom taught me growing up).

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I think maybe Kermit has fallen in love with Miss Piggy briefly at various times, but her overbearing personality gets to be too much for him... They're an odd couple if ever I saw one. I think Piggy is definitely more in love with Kermit than the other way around, but Kermit is also generally a lot nicer to Piggy than she is to him...
Erin