Doozer Cartoon series probably happening at this point

Drtooth

Reaction score
What would make the series perfect is if they had one of the Fraggles introduce and close out the show in a live action segment. Something to the extent of, if anyone remembers, the old ALF cartoon series. You know, where ALF introduced the show saying he's writing a chapter of his life story, then it cuts to the cartoon episode, and at the end it cuts back to live action for ALF to comment on the episode and threaten to eat a cat...

Something like that, only with one of the Fraggle puppets they already built and have them say something like "Wow... those Doozers are strange creatures, aren't they?" and mention the scientific subject of the day.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Well, Matt or Storyteller ... or Cantus ... would be a good fit for a bookend. I think Matt would be the best fit, though. Pure comedy potential in getting him to explain to the tourists from Outer Space how things work in Doozer Dome. :smile:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I like the idea of having a Fraggle introduce and close out the episodes. I do think Uncle Matt would be a good idea, but the Storyteller would work as well if they wanted to "frame" each episode and give it more of a moral.

Or maybe they can use Red, since Karen Prell would probably be willing to do appearances.

Drtooth

Reaction score

That was from the World of Jim Henson event this year. That means that we have a Wembley, a Red, and an Uncle Matt.

So, Uncle Matt would be a perfect candidate as he's already available as a character. Red and Wembley also, but Matt specifically. If they can do it without much of a cost, then there's no reason why there shouldn't be a Fraggle host.

We'd need to rebuild and recast Cantus, though he does sound like a good character for a moral/lesson reprise at the end of the show.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score

That was from the World of Jim Henson event this year. That means that we have a Wembley, a Red, and an Uncle Matt.

So, Uncle Matt would be a perfect candidate as he's already available as a character. Red and Wembley also, but Matt specifically. If they can do it without much of a cost, then there's no reason why there shouldn't be a Fraggle host.

We'd need to rebuild and recast Cantus, though he does sound like a good character for a moral/lesson reprise at the end of the show.
Okay! So, Unlce Matt would fit pefectly for the opening and closing segments that is if they do it. Red and Wembley could definetely be in it too, but mostly, Gobo's Uncle Matt. Cantus? Hmmm! He is part of Jim, but yeah it wouldn't hurt to have some Cantus either.

Drtooth

Reaction score
For the sake of cheap, though, it would be a safer bet to go with one of the puppets they already built. Like I've said, the one reason Henson is pushing to get the movie is so they can use a large portion of the budget to rebuild the characters.

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see how it all turns out. Now, I'll just go investigate this piece of gray hair that sprung up while I wait. /grin

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score

Yeah! I agree with that idea! I think the Doozers cartoon series shouldn't be complete without Uncle Matt segments.
Great point on that.

Collgoff

Reaction score
Yeah! I agree with that idea! I think the Doozers cartoon series shouldn't be complete without Uncle Matt segments.
Great point on that.
That would be great!
Is it for the fraggle movie or the doozer cartoon?
what do you guys thiink?

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
That would be great!
Is it for the fraggle movie or the doozer cartoon?
what do you guys thiink?
I would say the doozer cartoon. I believe there should be live action sequences of Uncle Matt voiced by Dave Golez. That uncle of Gobo's knows all about Doozers.