Dr. Teeth Illustration

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I'm currently working on a MASSIVE muppet project (just for the **** of it!) featuring ALL of the Muppets from the Muppet Show. Here is an early glimpse at Dr Teeth. This is very much a work in progress and nowhere near finished - I just wanted to see what you guys thought.:big_grin:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23001839@N02/3225077061/

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I'm currently working on a MASSIVE muppet project (just for the **** of it!) featuring ALL of the Muppets from the Muppet Show. Here is an early glimpse at Dr Teeth. This is very much a work in progress and nowhere near finished - I just wanted to see what you guys thought.:big_grin:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23001839@N02/3225077061/
...That is... GORGEOUS! I can't even... WOW! That is, quite honestly, one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. I cannot WAIT to see the completed project if just your Dr. Teeth looks like THAT! Incredible! ! !

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
He looks amazing! :big_grin:

What tips do you have on creating the Muppet hair? I've never seen it replicated so nicely. The facial texture is also spot-on.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I can hardly believe that's a drawing! EXCELLENT work!

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Wow....
That is absolutely Brilligliciously amazing. What Skill, What Grace, What Carpal Tunnel from the mouse...

Redsonga

Reaction score
It looks like you should be making a Muppets video game :3

Kiki

Reaction score
Wow, wow... WOW! Oh, and I forget to mention... WOW! Well done, this is totally awesome!

Gemini Draco

Reaction score
That is quiet an impressive picture. At first glance, I thought it was a photo but then I noticed that edges and realized that it was an illustration.

I have to commend you on this, it is amazing.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind words Folks, it is genuinely encouraging that people on this forum like it. I am quietly optimistic that the final piece could go down well with fellow fans. Currently near complete characters are:

Kermit
Scooter
Rizzo
Lew Zealand
Bunsen & Beaker
Animal
A random Muppet Rabbit
Swedish Chef (who has turned out to be my favourite so far!)
Gonzo
and Statler.

One thing I must stress is I could not have done this without the help of a certain Frogboy! Speaking of which...

What tips do you have on creating the Muppet hair? I've never seen it replicated so nicely. The facial texture is also spot-on.
Hey Jamie, the secret :shifty: to that is a wacom tablet and a heck of a lot of patience! I tend to pick about 6 shades of a color and do LOADS of hair on seperate layers and just build it up from there.