1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

DragonCon 2015

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by theSHE124, Aug 12, 2015.

1. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

So was there any new info about the muppets from Debbie or Steve we didn't know? Like behind the scenes things or future projects?

2. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

You can always email someone at Oz-Con to express your interest in the Muppets attending. I already have, so maybe the more people who ask about it, the bigger chance we have of getting the message across.

3. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Well-Known Member

Not too much that we don't already know. We got to see the "Flowers on the Wall" video before they posted it, and Steve mentioned another music video they'd shot. They may have mentioned a guest star or two, but it seemed like mostly they were being careful not to talk too much about anything that the public doesn't already know. It did seem like they were INCREDIBLY busy with the new show, and Steve in particular seemed tickled by all of the online reaction to Kermit and Miss Piggy's relationship issues. He was happy to be able to play something new in the relationship rather than sticking with the same old thing.

4. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

There's a wonderful article by our own Barry Lee detailing his two days at Dragon Con at Toughpigs, definitely a must-read for those of us who didn't attend.

*:) at Skeeter and Janken if they were spotted amongst the rest of their Muppet bretherend.

MelissaY1 and Duke Remington like this.
  5. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

This is the first I heard that the musicians who are still alive have to get paid (not their heirs?). Did she mean musicians who worked on the show (first time I've heard of such an issue for anything, aside from Huckleberry Hound), or the musicians associated with the songs (which is ridiculous, unless the original musicians are the ones who wrote the songs)?

For a few years fans have speculated that the issue could be one or more of the guest stars, but they didn't say anything about guest stars being an issue.

Duke Remington likes this.
  6. muppetlover123

Another music video?

7. minor muppetz

I recall Steve said they did another one with The Electric Mayhem, then checked with Debbie to make sure he could mention that.

8. muppetlover123

Oh wow awesome! Did you attend the panel too?

9. minor muppetz

No, it was in one of the videos posted in the Tough Pigs article covering the event.

10. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

In this clip, Steve Whitmire talks about the return of Lips.

LeahXZoot4Evur likes this.
  11. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

Is there a video of her talking about the TMS Season 4 and 5 DVDs?

Did McClellan say that they're still working on the DVD's and getting all the rights cleared and that they hope to release them soon, especially after the new series premieres?

Did she acknowledge that Season 4 was announced at the 2009 D23 Expo, why they announced it even though the fall 2010 release deadline wasn't met and maybe even apologized for the delay and everything?

12. Duke Remington

Still waiting for answers...

13. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

She said they are still trying to work out the music rights. When the person who asked the question said, Disney announced it back in 2008, Kermit said "I know. Send your complaints to Disney." Here's a lot of the panel. You can even see me in it.

14. Duke Remington

I didn't hear them mention the DVD's in that video. Or did I miss where they do.

Is there any videos specifically with that question being asked?

15. antsamthompson9

Sorry. I can't find any video where they discuss it. Here's an official video:

16. Duke Remington

That's alright.

Did McClellan say how close they are to getting all the music rights cleared and that the remaining TMS DVDs may very well get released during the new show's run?

Did she say that they have to get clearances from the guest stars' estates in addition to obtaining the music licenses?

Did she also mention anything about working on DVD releases of other Disney-owned old school Muppet material, such as the complete Muppets Tonight series, the Tales from Muppetland specials, etc., to be released once TMS Seasons 4 and 5 hit the store shelves?

17. antsamthompson9

She didn't say how close they are. She said nothing about the guest stars. And nothing about other Disney things that aren't on DVD.

18. antsamthompson9

DragonCon is still releasing official interviews with people that were there: , , ,

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  19. muppetlover123

Hopefully they upload one with Steve!

FletchySRF3088 and Pig's Laundry like this.
  20. antsamthompson9

I know this is an old thread, but they just released a vid of Steve at a press conference at DragonCon. And he has great insight on the ABC show:

Duke Remington and JimAndFrank like this.