1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Drum kit for Animal replica

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by crazy chris, Dec 25, 2012.

1. crazy chris

crazy chris Well-Known Member

I just bought a sweet kids sized drum kit for my animal replica... tooled around in photoshop all day and came up with this for the base drum... going to have it printed up as a decal

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/713/drumkitcopysmall.jpg/

im so excited!! lol

i will post pics of the finished product when it all comes together!

cc

SkeetScootSquat likes this.
  2. Face Ache

Face Ache New Member

You can find adhesive glitter vinyl on eBay, if you're interested.

Here's my $30 toy drum set...

SkeetScootSquat and crazy chris like this.
  3. crazy chris

THAT'S SO AWESOME FACE!!

Did you get your bass drum logo printed professionally? was it hard to apply?

cc

4. crazy chris

5. crazy chris

6. Face Ache

Face Ache New Member

Drew it in Photoshop and had it printed and laminated at a local shop for $16.

That's the one. Mine was pink. lol. I see they've added more drums since I bought mine.

All up, I think it cost me around $65.

7. crazy chris

ah man... now im so bummed... i thought that kit was going to be too small and have no "chrome" look to it... but its gorgeous!! Great Job on that by the way!! your modifications made it superb!!

cc

8. Face Ache

Face Ache New Member

Well mine does still look toyish, so I'm sure yours will turn out better. Mine had to fit on a 40x40cm cabinet. Oh, and you can see in this picture that my Animal is sitting on a cardboard box. Shhh! lol. The stool with the kit was too low.

I drew my bass drum logo from this image.

[​IMG]

Yes, that's the actual size of it. It's the only image I could find of that logo front-on. So I blew it up a bazillion times to make a template. lol. :eek:

9. crazy chris

Your displays are great!!! LOVE IT!!

for some reason the picture of the bass drum logo isnt showing up... id really love to see it... can u try image shake? or just post the link?

cc

10. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty desperate to make a replica drum set for my Animal but have yet to find a drumset that accurately matches any of the onscreen sets. If any happens to come across one, could you please post a link here :) I have a printer lined up to print on vinyl for the drum from and am still looking at options for the glittery bits.

11. crazy chris

i will keep my eyes open for ya reevz!! the set i bought is called "red metallic"...so i am hoping that it will be ok...not exact...but in the same vein...

oh by the way reevz!! Thanks again for image file!! i actually didnt end up using it...but found something very similar here... http://a.family.go.com/images/cms/disney/PDFs/muppet-theater-playset-printable-1011.pdf

if you notice the drum isnt visually complete and is cut off at the bootom... so i fixed that in photoshop and then sharpened it all a bit...

here is my final product if anyone wants to use it...
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/203/finaldrumkitsharpenedco.jpg/

cc

12. Face Ache

Face Ache New Member

I've been trying to find a place to host my image for the drum front. It's a bit big.

[​IMG]

You can click it to find bigger (huge) versions. (On Flickr, right-click to get other sizes)

It ain't perfect, but printed at the right size it looks pretty good (IMO).

13. crazy chris

i like the fade you did on the teeth... very cool!

cc

14. crazy chris

ive been putting together this drum kit all day...whew...lol

looks so cool!! ...next step...call my local print shop!!... then build a stage for him and the rest of the band replicas!

pics to come soon!!

cc

15. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

Remember, the rest of the band is Dr. Teeth (keyboards), Floyd Pepper (bass guitarist), Janice (lead guitar), and Zoot Simms (saxaphonist).

Good luck and keep believing in yourself.

16. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Don't forget Lips! ;)

17. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

Thanks, Casey! I feel so awful for forgetting Lips (the trumpet player).

18. shenphong

shenphong New Member

Fantastic resources! I know a few members on other forums that would be very greatful for this information. I know I've been hunting for a drum set for awhile and this will work very well.

19. crazy chris

Glad to help! My artwork is at the printers as we speak...waiting on a call from them to pick it up!

cc

20. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

Hey guys, I LOVE these drum kit displays to show off the replica Animals. Great idea!

I've never seen that last name for Zoot. I did a Google search and there is someone named Zoot Simms, but he doesn't appear to be the Muppet character.

Alex