D'Snowth Sesame Reviews: Issue 37, Volume 2006

D'Snowth

Reaction score
D'Snowth's Sesame Review:

Sesame Street Episode 4122

First Things First: "You'll never know I'll kill on Sesame Street...if they don't stop playing that before each show!"

Street Scene: Prairie Dawn is putting on a new pagent in the arbor, this time about healthy food; Zoe plays a potato, Rosita plays a torilla, Telly plays an asparagus, and we don't know yet what Elmo plays. Prairie begins the pagent and Zoe is the first to go on as she sings about being a potato. When she is finished, Rosita enters the stage as the tortilla, and sings her part in both English AND Spanish seeing is how a tortilla is a Spanish food. Telly gets nervous because he's never eaten or had anything to do with asparagus before, and is afraid he won't be ever to get into character; after Gabi and Miles let him try a piece of asparagus, Telly feels he is now one with asparagus and goes on with his part. After he's done Elmo is upset because he can't find his broccoli costume and he's missing his cue; Gabi and Miles help him try to jog his memory so he can remember what he did with his costume: after he walks down the street, passes Oscar's can, and stops to say hi to Prairie Dawn and ask her to watch it while he goes to the bathroom, Elmo remembers and runs over to Prairie and picks up his costume and finally goes on as the broccoli; for the grand finale, they all get together for a group verse.

Goofs and Nitpicks:
* Nitpick: Prairie Dawn wore the same outfit she wore as Little Red Riding Hood from season 33, only without the red riding hood.

Long Time, No See's:
* "Number 13, I'm Glad you're Mine!"

New Bits
* Sorry, I forgot I had a lot of other things to do today so it's slipped my mind.

Classic Bits
* Farmer Ernie and his singing vegetables

Global Grover: Grover watches a little girl and her Father shop for healthy food and place them in a big wooden shopping basket in Paris.

Number of the Day: Count counts 13 swings as a girl is being pushed on the tire swing.

Overall Rating: The street scene was pretty good, and I enjoyed the new Global Grover bit, but the rest of the episode was pretty much meh. So I give today's new episode 1-2-3-4-5 stars, ah-ah-ah!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
D'Snowth's Sesame Review:

Sesame Street Episode 4123

First Things First: I'm so glad I waited a couple of minutes and tuned in AFTER the "You'll never know who you'll meet on Sesame Street" bit.

Street Scene: Miles in extremely busy working in Hooper's what with having to pour everyone lemonade and answering the phone constantly. Baby Bear, Telly, and Elmo think Miles need some sort of special lemonade pouring machine to help him out. Baby Bear sudden comes up with the idea for a machine, he draws out the following plan: a tricycle pulls on wheel of feathers, the feathers tickle a mouse's nose, the mouse sneeze cause a sailboat to move a golf ball to hit a lever to pour a glass of lemonade. So Elmo runs off to get his tricycle and some feathers, while Telly brings back Chuckie-Sue's mouse friend Marissa, while Baby Bear sets up the rest. The three put their machine to work, but to their discontent doesn't work; feeling disappointed they want to give up until Marissa gives them a "pep talk" about keeping on trying. Marissa points out that the golf ball is too small and too light to hit the lever to pour the lemonade; so the three try to decide what kind of ball would work best: a bowling ball, or a baseball? They decide the baseball would work better then try the machine out again just as Miles walks over to see what's going on; everyone puts the machine into action and this time it works. Miles is flattered that Baby Bear came up with the idea of a lemonade pouring machine and actually built it for him; Baby Bear is ready to run it again, but sadly Marissa has to run off to meet Hickory Dickory Dock, and Elmo has to go to his piano lessons, leaving Baby Bear and Telly all by themselves with the machine. Not too bad though, because Baby Bear then gets the idea to build a pancake-flipping machine.

Goofs and Nitpicks:
* Nitpick: I think Miles is starting to grow a mustache.
* Nitpick: The Marissa puppet is similar to the blue mouse puppet used in the past (like CinderElmo for example).

Long Time, No See's:
* "It's A Long Hard Road, But I'm Gonna Get There"

Celebrity Guest Star:
* Alex Trebek fills in for Alan in Hooper's to play a healthy food version of Jeopardy with Telly, who's trying to decide what he wants for lunch.

Classic Bits:
* "Everybody Eats"
* "That's the Story of Bert's Blanket"

New Bits:
* Return of the law-jawwed red monster played by Joey pretending to be scrambled eggs with a little girl who enjoys scrambled eggs for breakfast..

Number of the Day: Count counts how many beats a little girl drums on her drum up to 12.

For The Count:
* The pink anything muppet at Hooper's (no I don't know his name) was played by Joey Mazzarino as was the broccoli in the Jeopardy skit.
* Marissa and the glass of milk in the Jeopardy skit were played by Fran Brill.
* I'm afraid I couldn't tell who played the sandwich in the Jeopardy skit...

Overall Rating: Compared to yesterday's, this episode was a lot more enjoyable... still a little too much Elmo, but it was still enjoyable; the street scene was fun to watch (I've always has a fascination with those little "Rube Goldberg inventions"; and we has a nice little balance of new and old-to-classic bits. For the record, I give today's new episode 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 stars, ah-ah-ah!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Snowth. You talking about the customer at the beginning with the lemonade? Or the Pancake Lover at the end of the street story?
If Joey voiced the broccoli, then I'd guess Peter Lynns voiced the sandwich.

Hope this helps.

BEAR

Reaction score
Do we know what that Red Jawed Monster is called yet? Is he going to remain a mystery forever. Geez! He could atleast introduce himself. Such poor manners. :wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... It might not be official, but I've got him in my Muppet Listings as Joey Monster, since he is voiced/performed by Joey Mazzarino.
Hope this helps.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
According to MuppetWiki (and someone who was apparently there), the puppet is referred to on the set as FilFil, not to be confused with Filfil (note the capital F).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks! Will change it when I get home.
BTW: Where you been Tony? The Season 37 Characters thread rully needs your help.
Got half a mind to nominate you for the Missing in Action award for the upcoming 3rd semi-annual MCies.
J/K. LMK if everything's A-OK down there in Blue Kentucky.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
i'm fine, but I've been working on the Wiki lately, as well as anything that comes up at college.