D'Snowth's M*A*S*H Reviews

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Season Two

Episode 33: "Dear Dad Three"

Writers: Larry Gelbart, Laurence Marks
Director: Don Weis
Original Airdate: November 10, 1973

Plot: Hawkeye writes home to his father again, this time relating the following events that have happened recently at the 4077th: Trapper and Frank Burns having a hard time playing cards together, a casualty who comes into surgery who apparently is a racist who's afraid to get "the wrong colored blood", another patient who's brought into sugery with an unexploded grenade in his leg, him and Trapper giving Condon a bit of "reverse prejudice" by slowly painting him browner and browner while he sleeps, watching some of Henry Blake's home movies, and a staff meeting held that states that all officers will hold a reunion for everyone back in the states every year after the war ends.

Comments:
- The third, and final installment of the "Dear Dad" episodes.

- This is Ginger Bayliss's final episode.

- Kids coming in with unexploded grenades, etc that are shot into their bodies were more common than one realizes during the Korean War.

- The first time someone in camp receives home movies from loved ones.

- Speaking of which, some of Henry's home movies are shot in color; color film was termendously rare, and very expensive back in those days, so the Blake family probably couldn't afford it.

- We see Henry's wife, Lorraine, and youngest daughter, Molly, on screen for the first and only time in this episode. Lorraine was played by Kathleen Hughes.

- Henry's story of how he met Lorraine: At a Freshman mixer, "she took one look in my direction... and I begged her to go out with me! Proposed to her on the first date, right there on the ice."

- Frank's middle name is first revealed in this episode as Marion. Trapper's full name is given in this episode as John F.X. McIntyre, we won't know what the F.X. stands for until Season Three.

- History Lesson: Dr. Charles R. Drew invented the process of separating blood so it could be stored, he sadly died in a car accident in April of 1950, he bled to death, because the hospital wouldn't let him in... it was for whites only.

- GOOF: Hawkeye and Henry don't wearing their surgical masks when they remove the grenade from the soldier's leg.

- GOOF: The CBS censors didn't want anyone on the show to mention the word "virgin", however, while everyone is taking it easy in the Mess Tent, a nurse asks Radar if its true that he's a virgin.

- GOOF: Father Mulcahy's full name is given as John Patrick Mulcahy; Radar seems to have forgotten that Mulcahy's first name is Francis.

What's Cut:
- The scene in O.R. has been nicked for time.

- The brief scene where Father Mulcahy practices his boxing has been edited out.

- Frank paying Margaret a visit, while she's not in the mood has been nicked for time.

- The staff meeting in the Mess Tent with Hawkeye, Trapper, Henry, Margaret, Frank, Radar, and Father Mulcahy has been completely cut.

Overall:
This is probably my second favorite "Dear Dad" episode, as the first one is my favorite out of the three, and I didn't care too much for the second one. I also liked the message this one sent across as well, so I believe I'll give it 9 out of 10 stars.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Season Two

Episode 34: "The Sniper"

Writers: Richard M. Powell
Director: Jackie Cooper
Original Airdate: November 17, 1973

Plot: It's just another typical day at the 4077th: Hawkeye is on a picnic, dating the newest registered nurse, Frank Burns is showing off in front of Margaret in again by practicing his shooting, when all of the sudden, the unthinkable happens... a lone sniper starts firing at camp! Everyone runs for cover in the hospital, meanwhile, Henry Blake, and Radar are trapped in the showers, though they manage to sneak back into the hospital when an ambulance passes by. Incoming casualties doesn't help their morale either, so Hawkeye and Trapper decide that they should wave a white flag, in hopes that the sniper will stop shooting, and everyone can get the casualties inside, but to no avail, the sniper shoots up the white flag. As the night wears on, everyone's morale deminishes even more - no food, no electricity, no ammunition, and Margaret wishes the camp had a "real man" who would go out there and try to fight back, so Frank volunteers himself while Margaret dozes off, and when Hawkeye finds out, he sneaks out to find him hiding underneath a makeshift fort made out of crates and oil barrels. They then hear commotion going on in the Mess Tent, thinking it's the sniper, so Hawkeye plans for them to jump him, only to find that it was really Radar, who had risked his life for a ketchup on rye with butter, and lettuce. Finally, the next day arrives, and a chopper flies over the camp, and starts firing in the bushes where the sniper is hiding, and after the firing stops, everyone sees a white flag waving from the shrubery, so Hawkeye decides to go check it out for himself, and takes his medical kit with him. As it turns out, the sniper was a North Korean kid, maybe fifteen, or sixteen, cut off from his unit, scared out of his mind - he was firing because he thought the 4077th was really MacArthur's headquarters (and still does).

Comments:
- Another episode that features a special guest star, who would later become a big-name celebrity - Teri Garr as Lieutenant Marquette.

- The network censors must have been asleep that day, because for a brief second you can clearly see Gary Burghoff's naked butt just before he's back in the showers.

- GOOF: When Margaret and Frank are peaking out the main doors to the hospital to see how Hawkeye and Trapper are doing, the continuing shots causes them to duck back inside, and slam the doors shut, however, in the next shot of corpsmen continuing the bring in the casualties, the doors are wide open.

What's Cut:
- Frank walking into the Swamp to clean his gun, followed by Radar delivering Hawkeye his pic-a-nic basket has been cut.

- Frank trying to get everyone's attention in Post-Op so he can make the announcement that he's taking over command while Henry is indisposed has been edited out.

- Trapper on the phone with Regimental Headquarters, requesting help against the sniper has been completely cut.

- The scene with everyone in Radar's office deciding whether or not surrendering is the best thing to do has been nicked for time.

Overall:
I find this episode to be, in the words of our resident Leach, "unintentionally funny", but I still find it to be a pretty good episode, nonetheless. I give it 8 out of 10 stars.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Season Two

Episode 35: "Carry On, Hawkeye"

Writers: Bernard Dilbert, Larry Gelbart, Laurence Marks, Bernard Dilbert
Original Airdate: November 24, 1973

Plot: It's the dead of winter in Korea, and there's been a flu outbreak at the 4077th, leaving Hawkeye, Henry Blake, Margaret, Radar, and Father Mulcahy the only ones who are still well... that is until the bug finally takes out Henry, leaving the 4077th without a commanding officer, and leaving Chief Surgeon Hawkeye, and Head Nurse Margaret to run the hospital by themselves. Being short in surgery is no picnic either, as Hawkeye is the only surgeon who isn't sick, leaving him to have to perform all the surgeries by himself, enlisting the help of Margaret, Radar, and Father Mulcahy in the places of the nurses - the flu has spread everywhere, as Hawkeye is unable to get any other surgeons from other M*A*S*H units to the 4077th to help them out. Meanwhile, Margaret decides that since she outranks Hawkeye, and second-in-command, Frank Burns, has also caught the bug, that she should take over Henry's job as commanding officer. Things really take a turn for the worse, although Hawkeye and Margaret gave each other flu shots, Hawkeye catches the flu as well.

Comments:
- GOOF: There's a long sign across the side of the Post-Op wing of the hospital that reads "Post-Op Ward". When did that get there?

What's Cut:
- Margaret walking into the Swamp to retrieve Frank's Bible, while Hawkeye lies in bed, hoping she'll join him has been cut.

Overall:
Once again, yet another episode that I don't watch a lot, but when I do, I remember just what a good episode it is... it's too bad, though, because due to that fact, I'm not really sure what all has been cut or not in syndication, thus making for a rather lack-luster review for this episode. As for episode rating, I think I'll give it 5 out of 10 stars.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Season Two

Episode 36: "The Incubator"

Original Airdate: December 1, 1973

Plot: The 4077th has a 98% efficincy rating, and has all the items the unit is entitled to have for medical purposes... so what could possibly be missing? Well, Hawkeye and Trapper seem to think that the one thing the 4077th missing is an incubator! When a patient in Post-Op turns up with a very high fever, Hawkeye and Trapper take a blood sample to send to the lab in Seoul for observations to see what the patient's problem is, but are upset to learn that there's a 72 hour wait; that's when Hawkeye and Trapper decide that the 4077th needs an incubator so they can do some tests of their own with no waiting. So Hawkeye and Trapper go to Henry Blake, wanting to requisition an incubator, so they meet with Captain Sloan to get one, only to find out that the 4077th isn't entitled to an incubator, as it's a "luxury". Radar manages to track down three incubators in Seoul, so grabbing their Class A uniforms, and a shave, Hawkeye and Trapper travel down to retrieve one, but the owner of the supply won't part with them, so Hawkeye and Trapper crash a meeting with General Mitchell to try to get ahold of one, but to no avail. When the two return to the 4077th, they have a long list charges pressed against them, and although Henry leaves the punishment up to them, they are startled to see Radar managed to get ahold of an incubator after all with his talent in wheeling-and-dealing.

Comments:
- Hey, something Henry and I have in common: we both like our steaks RARE!

- Hawkeye mentions that they're in their second year of the war, which would make this episode set sometime in early to mid 1952.

- This episode marks the first of two appearances of Captain Sloan from Quartermaster Corps; he would later appear (slightly a bit more animated) in "The Late Captain Pierce" in Season Four.

- The set used for the meeting place for General Mitchell will later be used on a regular basis for the Officer's Club at the 4077th.

- GOOF: Another goof passed the network censors, as the word "virgin" is used in this episode again.

- GOOF: Alan Alda seems to have missed his cue after Radar reveals the incubator, as he just stands there until Wayne Rogers kind of gives him a nudge, indicating "hey, that's our cue".

What's Cut:
- Frank walking into the Swamp, and NOT chew Hawkeye and Trapper out for the mess in the tent from their all-night-drinking-binge has been edited out.

- Henry and Radar setting up Henry's new barbecue grill has been edited out before Hawkeye and Trapper walk in.

- The scene with Captain Sloan meeting with Hawkeye, Trapper, and Henry for requisitioning an incubator has been nicked for time.

- The closing sequence from this episode has been cut as well, where Radar tells Hawkeye and Trapper that Henry wants steaks for supper, and wants to cook them in the incubator since Radar traded his barbecue for it.

Overall:
This is considered another general "fan-favorite" episode of Season Two, though I don't really care for it all that much. I give it 3.5 out of 10 stars.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Season Two

Episode 37: "Deal Me Out"

Director: Gene Reynolds
Original Airdate: December 8, 1973

Plot: Some big-time officers congregate at the 4077th for the weekly conference: which is really a poker game held in the Swamp by Hawkeye, Trapper, Henry Blake, and Corporal Klinger; their guests for the evening are divisional psychiatrist, Major Sidney Freedman, and Captain Sam Pak, though meanwhile, elsewhere, the 4077th has some other little problems: Frank has a patient waiting to be operated on, but refuses to put him under because he's with the C.I.A., and needs another C.I.A. agent to present, in case he devulges any secrets while he's under, Radar seems to have run over a really old, Korean native, who turns out to be the village whiplash hustler, a patient in Post-Op absolutely refuses to be sent back to the front, and ends up holding Frank hostage in the showers.

Comments:
- This episode features not one, but two special guest stars who would later go on to become big-name celebrities: Pat Morita as Captain Pak, and John Ritter as Private Carter.

- Corporal Klinger's Latest Story of How He Tried to Avoid Being Drafted: When the Draft Board Came for him, he ran all the way to Grand Central Station, and got himself locked in a pay toilet, and during his physical, he refused to cough, until they jabbed him with a coat hanger.

- This episode marks the debut of the over-zealous Army C.I.A. agent Colonel Flagg, who will remain a semi-regular fixture on the show until Season Seven, appearing in a total of seven episodes during his tenure. He is introduced in this episode as "Captain Holloran", but some believe its probably just another one of his many aliases to keep people knowing who he really is; in Season Four, he ends up bumping into Sidney, and tells him "we played poker once".

What's Cut:
- In some syndicated prints, the scene where Radar walks in on Hawkeye and Trapper in the showers has been cut, meanwhile in all syndicated prints, the scene where Radar walks in on Henry in his tent, having cut himself shaving has been completely cut.

- A scene of the poker game where Trapper is the new dealer, and acts like he's the new sheriff in town has been cut.

- Klinger telling everyone his story of how he tried to avoid being drafted has been edited out.

- The brief scene where Frank chews out Private Carter for staying up late, reading, has been edited out.

Overall:
This is one of my favorite episodes from Season Two, probably because everyone's up all night long playing poker, and I've always been the little night owl. I believe this is the first Season Two episode I've given 10 stars to.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Season Two

Episode 38: "Hot Lips and Empty Arms"

Writers: Linda Bloodworth, Mary Kay Place
Original Airdate: December 15, 1973

Plot: It's mail day at the 4077th, and everyone receives some kind of news from home that makes them happy... except for Margaret, which makes people curious as to why she's suddenly so irritable... well, more irritable than usual. Frank Burns stops by her tent after a long session in O.R. to find out what's bothering her, and she tells him that someone she went through basic training with just married the same doctor she initially turned down - they now have a beautiful new home with a yard, swimming pool, two-car garage, children, and what did Margaret get? The Army, and she's sick of it! She's sick the war, she's sick of M*A*S*H, and she's even sick of Frank! So she goes to Henry Blake, who's she's also sick of for his severe lack of military discipline, and sick of the deginerates known as Hawkeye and Trapper, to request a transfer. Later that evening, Margaret begins packing her gear when Hawkeye and Trapper stop by to toast her farewell, and to make peace with her, but are outraged to learn that when she leaves, she'll be sending General Mitchell a report about the shinanigins of the two. Before anyone knows it, Margaret is completely drunk, but still goes on a drinking binge by helping herself to some gin in the Swamp, and then to Henry's booze, so when an incoming batch of casualties begin to arrive, the 4077th is short a head nurse, so Henry orders Hawkeye and Trapper to sober her up, which they do by drowning her in the showers, slipping her pots, and pots of black coffee, and giving her a shot of B-12. Later in O.R., Margaret has been sobered up, and is grateful for Hawkeye and Trapper helping her out.

Comments:
- One of Loretta Swit's favorite episodes.

- First episode written by freelance writers Linda Bloodworth, and Mary Kay Place, who would later be a part of the regular writing staff as the series progresses.

- First episode focused mainly on Margaret.

- When drunk, Margaret admits that she's always had a secret crush on Trapper.

- GOOF: I thought Gary Burghoff had the character of Radar fleshed out to his liking by now, so how come he's back to sneaking a smoke and drink from Henry's cigars and booze?

- GOOF: Margaret mentions that her father is dead, however, Margaret makes many references to receiving news from home from her father... he even pays her at visit in Season Nine.

- GOOF: Both Hawkeye and Trapper say they've never kissed Frank before, but Hawkeye has on two occasions in Season One.

What's Cut:
- Two scenes in a row where Henry looks at the home movies he received in the mail through a microscope, and Frank reading about his news from home has been cut.

- Margaret busting in on Radar sitting in his office, smoking a cigar, drinking brandy, and reading a comic book, demanding to see Henry has been cut.

- The scene where a drunk Margaret stumbles into the Swamp to give Frank back his stuff, and to have a few more drinks has been nicked for time.

- The closing sequence where everyone is having coffee in the Mess Tent, while Margaret suffers from a hangover has been cut.

Overall:
Not really one of the better episodes, but it's not a completely horrible episode either; though it was kind of amusing to see Margaret completely drunk for a change. I think I'll give this episode 3 out of 10 stars.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Season Two

Episode 39: "Officers Only"

Writers: Ed Jurist
Original Airdate: December 12, 1973

Plot: General Mitchell's son, Gary, is the latest patient at the 4077th after he ended up with a lot of shrapnel in his stomach, so when General Mitchell himself arrives at the 4077th and finds that was in the good hands, he's willing to show his gratitude to everyone, so while he arranges for Hawkeye and Trapper to have three day R&R in Tokyo, a new Officers' Club is built at the end of the Compound, complete with a bar, slot machines, and a jukebox, but Hawkeye and Trapper are a little upset to find that the Officers' Club is STRICTLY for officers only, no enlistedmen allowed. This makes for some friction amongst the staff of the 4077th when the enlisted refuse to associate with the officers, so Hawkeye and Trapper request Henry Blake to allow enlistedmen to be allowed in, but Henry refuses, unless Hawkeye and Trapper can get other officers to agree, which fails, since the only other officers in camp (which is only Margaret and Frank Burns in this episode) refuse to allow enlisted in the club; but they aren't about to call it quits yet. Later that evening when General Mitchell arrives to have a party with the 4077th in its new club, but is unhappy when Hawkeye and Trapper ban his son from joining in since he's only an enlistedman; General Mitchell seems to get the idea they're driving at, and decides that certain rules can be bent on special occasions, so pretty soon, Hawkeye lets not only Gary into the club, but also Radar, Corporal Klinger, and all the rest of the enlistedmen in camp.

Comments:
- Debut of the 4077th's Officers' Club.

- The Officers' Club will later be redesigned, slightly, next season.

- Corporal Klinger's Latest Scheme to Get Out of the Army: Pretending to be pregnant.

What's Cut:
- Hawkeye and Trapper standing in line getting either a liquid steak or rare chocolate pudding has been edited out.

- Henry trying to pick up a nurse in Pre-Op has been cut.

- The scene in the Officers' Club where Hawkeye and Trapper try to get Margaret and Frank to sign a petition to allow enlistedmen into the club has been nicked for time... severely.

- The closing sequence where everyone is waltzing in the Officers' Club, while Hawkeye and Trapper get Frank drunk has been cut.

Overall:
Pretty decent episode, not one of my favorites, but it's still a pretty good episode overall. I give it 5 out of 10 stars.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Season Two

Episode 40: "Henry in Love"

Original Airdate: January 5, 1974

Plot: Henry Blake is on R&R, and while so, Frank Burns takes over control of the 4077th, which makes everyone miserable, so when Henry returns, everyone is jumping for joy, but Henry is even more gleeful than everyone else because of the important announcement: he's in love! While in Tokyo, he meets young Nancy Sue Parker, whom he falls madly in love with, while she falls head-over-heels for him. So, what's the problem? Well, for one thing, she's more than half his age, and he happens to have a wife and children back home. But he doesn't care, he's in love, and is anxious for her visit this coming Friday, so Henry gets busy by dying his hair brown to make him appear a bit younger, and jogging like a maniac to slim down his big hips. Finally, the big day arrives, and a jeep drives in with Miss Nancy Sue Parker, a very attractive young lady (emphasis on young), at her peak, who Henry tends to her every whim and treats her like a princess. So later that evening in the Officers' Club, when Henry introduces Nancy Sue to everyone else, the jukebox begins playing band music, Nancy Sue recognizes from back home when she was a cheerleader for Ohio State, so every clears the floor for her to put on a show for everyone, which makes Henry grin from ear to ear. Trapper and Henry are then called into surgery, so Hawkeye officers to take Nancy Sue back to her tent, but when he does, Nancy is all over him, which really makes Hawkeye want to keep Henry from going too far with this love affair, so after he leaves, he and Trapper storm into Henry's office to find him bickering with Lorraine on the phone. Finally, when Nancy Sue's visit is over, and she's on her way back to Tokyo, Henry admits that although he couldn't wait for her to get here, he sure is glad she's gone.

Comments:
- This is a very unusual episode: first of all, why the concern for Henry being in love? He's fallen in love with other women in Korea before. And why is Trapper about Henry being in love, while being married back home? He's having one night stands with other women in camp, while being married back home too.

- Henry's age is revealed as 44.

- Apparently, the legal age of adulthood was still 21 back in the 1950s.

- Show creator Larry Gelbart said that the show only recycled a joke once, and it was when an attractive lady arrives at the 4077th, they were greeted with "When did this line start using stewardesses?" However, when Henry introduces Nancy Sue to Hawkeye and Trapper with "These are Captains Pierce..." Hawkeye interrupts with "And these are Captain McIntyre". Well, they already did that joke back in "Dear Dad Three".

- It is revealed that not only does Frank have a wife back home he's neglecting, he also has three daughters as well, who are apparently in their teenage years when Margaret comments Nancy Sue looks a lot like Frank's oldest daughter.

- GOOF: When Henry takes Nancy Sue to his tent, why does he head towards the Mess Tent?

- GOOF: When Hawkeye escorts his date back to her tent, he drops her off at Margaret's tent.

What's Cut:
- Two scenes in a row where Hawkeye and Trapper toast Henry's return in the Swamp, while Margaret and Frank read Margaret's diary when a message from Henry comes in that he'll be late for a couple of days has been cut.

- Henry's announcement to Hawkeye and Trapper in his office has been nicked for time.

- There's a scene in Henry's tent where Henry is dying his hair brown for Nancy Sue's upcoming visit. This scene has been completely cut in syndication, which makes for an unusual scene afterwards when Henry returns from his jog, and his dye-job running down his face, and Hawkeye telling him "your hair is bleeding!".

- Henry introducing Nancy Sue to everyone in the Officers' Club has been nicked for time.

Overall:
Another pretty decent episode: one that I would say isn't one of my favorites, but is still pretty good. There's some vital scenes that are cut from syndication, which makes this a rather senseless episode if you watch it reruns, so for that, I think I'll give it 4 out of 10 stars.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Season Two

Episode 41: "For Want of a Boot"

Writers: Sheldon Keller
Original Airdate: January 12, 1974

Plot: It's the dead of winter, and Hawkeye is desperate to get a new pair of boots, as his has a big hole in the sole that's driving him crazy, but however, there are some obstacles he'll have to face in order to get them: Sergeant Zale won't requisition them unless the dentist fixes his cavity, the dentist won't go in Zale's mouth unless he gets a pass to Tokyo because he's very fond of Japan, Henry Blake won't sign the passes unless Margaret doesn't send in her report to General Mitchell, Margaret won't not send in her report unless Hawkeye and Trapper throw Frank Burns a birthday party in the Mess Tent with at least 20 people; so Hawkeye and Trapper go to Radar to get a birthday cake, but Radar won't do it unless they can get him a date with the new nurse Murphy, but Nurse Murphy won't date him unless he brings him a hair dryer, Corporal Klinger won't give up his hair dryer unless he gets three officers' signatures for his Section 8, and Margaret and Frank won't sign the form because they know Klinger isn't crazy, so Klinger takes back his hair dryer, Nurse Murphy rejects Radar, Radar takes back the cake, Margaret sends in her report to the general, Henry tears up the passes to Tokyo, the dentist tells off Zale, and Zale rejects Hawkeye's request for new boots.

Comments:
- This episode features the first appearance of the 4077th's supply sergeant, Zale, who will remain a semi-regular fixture on the until Season Eight when he is replaced with the 4077th's new sergeant in charge of the motor pool, Rizzo.

- GOOF: Hawkeye mentions he hails from Vermont, however, his hometown is Crabapple Cove, Maine.

- GOOF: Radar seems to have forgotten his cap has flaps that can be pulled down his the ears for warmth, as once again, he's wearing his makeshift earmuffs out of headphones and toilet paper.

- GOOF: Klinger refers to Margaret as Major O'Houlihan; although her last name is O'Houlihan in the original novel, and movie, it was changed to just Houlihan when the series was purchased.

What's Cut:
- The scene where Hawkeye and Trapper huddle in the Swamp has been nicked for time, following Frank walking in and them wishing him a happy birthday has been cut.

- Radar having Henry sign some requisitions has been nicked for time.

- Much of Frank's birthday party in the Mess Tent has been nicked for time.

Overall:
One of the better Season Two episodes in my opinion; it's a really amusing episode, and is fun to watch. I believe it deserves AT LEAST 8 out of 10 stars.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Season Two

Episode 42: "Operation Noselift"

Writers: Erik Tarloff, Paul Richards, Erik Tarloff
Director: Hy Averback
Original Airdate: January 19, 1974

Plot: While Henry Blake is dictating a response to yet another formal complaint filed against him by Margaret and Frank Burns, the M.P.s arrive with Private Daniel Baker, who has gone AWOL yet again, and Henry just doesn't understand why he keeps doing so, so he has him visit Father Mulcahy where he finally confesses that it's his big, unusual-looking nose, and it's ruining his life. Hawkeye and Trapper want to help him out, but they can't for two reasons: 1. they're not plastic surgeons, and 2. it's against regulations; but they're willing to bring in a plastic surgeon just for Baker, so Hawkeye calls up his pal, Major Stanley "Stosh" Robbins - a plastic surgeon who has done some work on some big-name Hollywood stars, who only agrees to do it so he can be set up with "the barracuda". So when Stosh arrives, Margaret and Frank are already suspicious with a plastic surgeon; but after flipping through a pamphlet, Stosh is in business when Baker sees a nose he'd like to have. So the plan is on: Trapper "sends Baker off" on R&R to drive away suspicion, and while he sneaks back to surgery, Hawkeye, Trapper and Radar keep Margaret and Frank busy by having Radar fake an injury by pretending to be hit in the nose when Frank tosses him a baseball, and to keep Margaret and Frank from watching Stosh fixing up Radar's nose, Margaret is suddenly called in to report to supply, while Frank is to report to Henry. Finally, the operation is underway, and Margaret and Frank are still kept busy while Radar gets Frank to talk to his wife on the phone, and Margaret getting upset because of this, but then they realize that Radar's nose wasn't broken after, so they intend to find out just who did receive the nose job, only to find everyone in camp with bandaged noses.

Comments:
- Todd Susman, who portrays Private Baker in this episode, actually served as one of the P.A. announcers for the series' entire run. The other P.A. announcer, Sal Viscuso, would also make a few on-camera appearances, mostly as wounded soldiers.

- Henry says he avoids church religiously, though I'm not going to assume he's an atheist as well, because I don't want to upset anyone here again.

- Stuart Margolin, who plays Stosh in this episode, appeared previously in two Season One episodes as Lieutenant Bricker, the movie director, and then as Captain Sherman, a divisional psychiatrist from Tokyo.

- GOOF: When the episode begins, the camera zooms in on Henry's tent, indicating that the scene is going to take place in it, however, we cut to Henry and Radar in his office, not his tent.

What's Cut:
- Hawkeye and Trapper relating the news about getting a plastic surgeon to fix Baker's nose has been cut.

- Henry meeting up with Stanley when he arrives, has been edited out.

- The brief scenes where Hawkeye and Trapper ask Father Mulcahy if he's seen Stosh, and Trapper looking in the nurses' shower, followed by Father Mulcahy stepping into a tent, but then rushing out to find a nurse ironing an enlistedman's pants has been cut.

- The closing sequence where Hawkeye and Trapper bid Stosh farewell, then try to pick up a group of nurses has been cut.

Overall:
This probably one of the better Season Two episodes; the only thing that's keeping me from giving it a 10 star rating is the fact that we never get to see how Private Baker's new nose turns out, so for that reason, I have to give it an 8.5 out of 10 star rating.