DVD of Muppets Go To WDW: Speculation?

thefozz

Reaction score
Does anyone think this TV special will ever get a DVD release?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I hope so. After all, Disney owns the rights to this special, Disney owns the rights to the muppets, and it would basically be a free advertisement for Walt Disney World. Why not?

I'm surprised that this special wasn't released on video in the 1990s when Disney was releasing Muppet videos.

thefozz

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I hope so. After all, Disney owns the rights to this special, Disney owns the rights to the muppets, and it would basically be a free advertisement for Walt Disney World. Why not?
I had the same thoughts myself. So to answer the question, "Why not?", I would just guess that it's because they don't feel it would sell.

And really, would it sell? it's not well-known, and though it is a really enjoyable special, it doesn't mask the fact that it is essentially an hour-long commercial for Disney. Thing is, the special was done in 1990 and all the attractions showcased on it are either no longer at Disneyworld or rapidly heading toward that point.

pepestarr

Reaction score
I don't think they would release it on DVD even though I want them too. They would lose buisness and even though is would please us Muppet fans losing customers for Disney is not a particularly good move for them

thefozz

Reaction score
anyone heard any thing on this one way or another lately?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
No, nothing yet that I'm aware of. ... *sigh*

Soon, maybe?

superboober

Reaction score
And how about the footage of them at DIsneyland's anniversary event where Piggy cons Snow White off her float to help "lost" Gonzo. Would that be included along with this?

thefozz

Reaction score
There could be a market for this DVD -- just promtoe it as "the Muppets Go To Walt Disney World starring Raven" and it would be an instant hot-seller with the tween female set.

:smile:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I seriously doubt it would ever be released. The only way I could see it is if they did a dvd with alot of different specials on it and market it as lost tapes or something.

Elchippo

Reaction score
thefozz said:
Thing is, the special was done in 1990 and all the attractions showcased on it are either no longer at Disneyworld or rapidly heading toward that point.
That's exactly why it won't be released-as far as WDW goes its an obsolete special-Animal Kingdon wasn't around yet, and the parks have changed dramatically. This is more fodder for "Vault Disney" which as far as I know, is no longer on Disney Channel......remember that? When they would play the old 1960's Disneyland specials with the Osmonds, Kurt Russell, etc? Not to mention a lot of other old random Disney propaganda? That was the one saving grace of the modern Disney Channel......