DVD of Muppets Go To WDW: Speculation?

Marky

Reaction score
Isn't it just a dated, long-form Disneyworld commercial?
It should come free w/ the purchase of something else. I mean, it may have entertainment value, and work as bonus material. But why would they sell a commercial?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I suppose some of it is a little dated, but I never saw it as just a commerical.

Marky

Reaction score
heralde said:
I suppose some of it is a little dated, but I never saw it as just a commerical.
:confused:

If it was about the Muppets going to McDonalds, would you consider it a McDonald's commercial?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't deny one point of the special was to advertise the theme park. I just don't dismiss it as just a commerical. It was also a TV special.

The Muppets Take Manhattan could also be seen as a commerical for NYC and Broadway. Nearly every movie and TV special showcases something for money. That doesn't mean it's only a commerical.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Marky said:
:confused:

If it was about the Muppets going to McDonalds, would you consider it a McDonald's commercial?
Not personally, but then again, I'm also the type to write a musical about Burger King... and I have. :stick_out_tongue:

I loved MWDW, it was great! I can't really accept it as a commercial for Disney World, considering so many scenes don't even take place at any major attraction (Gonzo and Camilla spending most of their time in the sewer and the laundromat; Rowlf getting locked up at the pet care center). I mean, I completely understand your point of view, and it's very likely they won't release this special (at least, not on it's own), but I still hold it quite highly among the Muppet specials.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Im totally with you, MWDW is seriously one of the best muppet specials, these are the muppets at there best. It would be a miracle if it was released on DVD, but I have my doubts at the same time.

Marky

Reaction score
I didn't know that New York City was a single corporation. I thought it was a city.

Then again, I'm just a dumb, slighty-detached-from-US-megalomania Canuk.

:wink:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Well, here in New York, we got plenty of commercials for New York. "I love New York (more than ever)". Heck, there's a part in Avenue Q that has been described as "A commercial for New York City". The Muppets Take Manhattan showcases enough of NYC that it could be considered a commercial for New York, by these standards.

Not saying it's a corporation. But, everyone needs to advertise. New York needs it's tourists, Disney World needs it's tourists. Peoples is peoples.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Well, here in New York, we got plenty of commercials for New York. "I love New York (more than ever)". Heck, there's a part in Avenue Q that has been described as "A commercial for New York City". The Muppets Take Manhattan showcases enough of NYC that it could be considered a commercial for New York, by these standards.

Not saying it's a corporation. But, everyone needs to advertise. New York needs it's tourists, Disney World needs it's tourists. Peoples is peoples.
Exactly, SuperScooter! New York is a city, but it has so much to attract visitors. So they need to advertise.

thefozz

Reaction score
It was as commercial as it gets, IMHO. But it was not without it's charm. Even with the Disney propoganda, it's a really enjoyable special.