Dvd

anytimepally

Reaction score
Remember when John Astin (Gomez Addams) played the Riddler for one (or, in the case of Batman, two) episodes? I forget the reason why...either Gorshin was tired of the part, or he was off doing something else, and had a scheduling conflict. Astin's Riddler was interesting, but no where near Frank's. Fortunately Gorshin returned to the role shortly afterward.
I think I saw an interview once where he said it was a scheduling conflict.. he was performing a live show in Las Vegas at the time and couldn't get out of it, though he was actually upset that they used the Riddler without him... his Star Trek episode is one of my favorites, too

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I think I saw an interview once where he said it was a scheduling conflict.. he was performing a live show in Las Vegas at the time and couldn't get out of it, though he was actually upset that they used the Riddler without him... his Star Trek episode is one of my favorites, too
That's what I assumed. I didn't think he'd walk away from the series. Julie Newmar was replaced as Catwoman by Eartha Kitt because she was off filming McKenna's Gold.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Weren't there more than just those 2? I know that there was at least 4 but no more than 8.

Daniel

anytimepally

Reaction score
Weren't there more than just those 2? I know that there was at least 4 but no more than 8.

Daniel
Riddlers or Catwomen? .. on the 60s show, there were 2 of each.. though Lee Meriweather played Catwoman in the theatrical film between Seasons 1 & 2.. making a total of 3 catwomen and 2 riddlers

dabauckham

Reaction score
Great stuff!!:crazy:
I concur!!! :big_grin: I haven't seen that claymation bit w. the Noid/crazed fans and Michael Jackson for years...

BRING BACK CLAYMATION!!! (the only claymation we see these days is Wallace and Gromit, which is a respectable start but not nearly enough).

Anyone remember the California Raisins? Those were the days.... sigh

anytimepally

Reaction score
Anyone remember the California Raisins? Those were the days.... sigh
heck yeah.. I bought Claymation Christmas on DVD last year just for the California Raisins part... those were indeed the days :cool:

edit: but actually, the entire DVD is great!

dabauckham

Reaction score
heck yeah.. I bought Claymation Christmas on DVD last year just for the California Raisins part... those were indeed the days :cool:

edit: but actually, the entire DVD is great!

Yeah, that special was great. Wanna know something funny: my school has a variety show every year (it's both staff and student numbers). This year, we're actually going to dress up as the California Raisins and sing "I Heard it Through the Grapevine!" Should be loads of fun, and I think the students will dig it. :cool:

By the way, I should look for that special. What is the best way/place to purchase it?

anytimepally

Reaction score
By the way, I should look for that special. What is the best way/place to purchase it?
I got mine on Amazon.com, but it's pretty expensive ($19.99) for just 3 half hour specials (the Easter & Halloween specials are also on the disk)

Yeah, that special was great. Wanna know something funny: my school has a variety show every year (it's both staff and student numbers). This year, we're actually going to dress up as the California Raisins and sing "I Heard it Through the Grapevine!" Should be loads of fun, and I think the students will dig it. :cool:
that sounds great! :zany: .. where do you get Raisin suits?

dabauckham

Reaction score
that sounds great! :zany: .. where do you get Raisin suits?
Well, we're going to have to be creative, but fortunately we have a pretty creative staff. Not sure if we'll doing something with garbage bags, paper machier, it'll be an experiment... :wink: Hopefully it'll turn out okay, but the main thing will be our energy performing as the raisins. The Energy never fails, fortunately... (I'm a teacher, but I think my biggest passion is performing, especially singing :sing: Which maybe explains why I'm totally obsessed with music)