1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

E-mail for Muppet Show DVD seasons 4 & 5

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by explorer801, Aug 14, 2010.

1. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Something to keep in mind when you're calling or emailing a big corporation like Disney -

Lots of times information about release dates or specific details regarding upcoming projects are tightly controlled, so you may very well end up with a vague generic response even if the person providing the answer truly does know more. If a press release is scheduled to go out on the 15th announing the status of a dvd and you're talking to someone on the 14th, they'll tell you they don't know or to wait and see.
  2. acegabauer

acegabauer New Member

Well here it is 2012 and STILL NO SEASON 4!!!!! I copied and will paste an older post that had the number to Disney so we can all call and complain about it.. I think if we get enough people to call and tell them that we want seasons 4 and 5 out then maybe it will hurry them up! Please help me with this by calling so we can get Season 4 on the roll!
    Here is the older post that another member wrote to them and they gave him this response and number:

Unfortunately, there are no release dates scheduled for these titles at
    this time. We will forward your comments to our marketing department to
    take into consideration when planning future release schedules.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reply
    to this email. You may also contact us at 800 723-4763 (Canada: 888
    877-2843), Monday 9:30-7:30 and Tuesday through Friday 9:30-6:30 CST."
  3. bouncingbabyfig

bouncingbabyfig Well-Known Member

I heard it would either be release late this year or early next year. I think they are having trouble finding some episodes and want to add special features to it. But what do I know, I'm just a Fig.:shifty:
  4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Next year would just be plain idiotic. That would be a 5 year wait for a single season, who knows when 5 will come out. They NEED to get this thing out here ASAP. if they were waiting until after the movie, it's after the movie now. The ideal point to release it is when the movie comes out on home video, and that's a couple months away. We would have had word by now if it was. But the ball was dropped again.

Like I said, the hold up isn't the problem. The fact they can't even address why it's taken so long, 3 years after it was announced after being delayed a year before gets my goat. We can handle the news. I keep hearing about other DVD's being long delayed, even canceled after they're announced, but the studios at least give a reason.

It's time to release the last 2 seasons of the show AND Muppets Tonight while we still even have DVD's.
    bouncingbabyfig likes this.
  5. bouncingbabyfig

Touche, I agree with you though.
    They SHOULD atleast have reasons for being delayed. I don't understand why they can't give a straight answer either?!:mad:
  6. MuppetShow123

MuppetShow123 New Member

I know it's ridiculous not having an answer for the delay, but early this year they are releasing the movie on DVD, and the Muppets have re-garnered some popularity with it. So now is the time to release Season 4 and they should fix any mistakes that they made with the first three sets (a.k.a special features and quality packaging). Also a group shot on the cover would be quite nice ;)
  7. zns

zns Well-Known Member

If they want to do a group shot cover, they could probably do that for season 5 since that was the final season. It would make sense.
  8. benp

benp New Member

I wonder if music or appearance clearances could be playing any part in the hold-up. I know that earlier seasons were released with some material edited out due to rights issues; it seems possible that they might be trying to avoid making any further compromises of the material. But that is admittedly just speculation.
    Duke Remington likes this.
  9. zns

zns Well-Known Member

There might be a chance of that happening. Is there anyone from Disney or Henson that we can personally contact and find out what the hold-up is?
  10. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

i really hope they can get these seasons out this year or next year and hopefully along with studio dc muppets tonight
  11. bouncingbabyfig

I can see why they would have to edit stuff, but really they shouldn't. The helped create the characters in Star Wars, and it's not like they're saying they own them. It's the Muppet Show for crying out loud! It shouldn't be this difficult!
  12. ProboSowa

ProboSowa Member

I wish it'd get out soon as well; I can understand that there's a need to iron out copyright issues with songs and such but to this sort of length? It'd be nice for me to get a chance at watching the last two seasons.
    PanthraDion, bouncingbabyfig and zns like this.
  13. bouncingbabyfig

14. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

I sent an e-mail to Disney! Let's hope for the best.
  15. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

So are we ever going to see Seasons 4 and 5 of "The Muppet Show" get released to DVD? I don't know why Disney didn't strike when "The Muppets" movie got released- maybe they just didn't want anything else competing for attention when they were still trying to get the general public interested in the Muppets again with that movie. Okay- that's out of the way now.
    Can we please get these seasons released with the release of the "Muppets Most Wanted" movie then?
    I'd love to see "Muppets Tonight" follow that on DVD as well. (Of course, from there I'd love to see "The Jim Henson Hour" and "Little Muppet Monsters" get released to DVD.)
    And specials like "John Denver and The Muppets: A Christmas Together"- I would LOVE to see that released to DVD.
    muppetlover123 likes this.
  16. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Active Member

The thing that still irritates me is the fact that some of our insiders (including some of the folks at ToughPigs, Muppet Wiki, etc.; as well as those that simply abandoned us all with no explanations given, like GelflingWaldo of The Muppet Newsflash) were able to get answers out of the company as to why we had a two-year gap between the releases of Seasons 1 and 2, yet now those same insiders are now saying that they're not in a position to contact The Muppets Studio or any other higher-ups, which tends to strike me as a big fat lie and pure laziness and cowardice on the behalf of the insiders, IMO. Even our own Phillip Chapman has yet to go out and get answers for us.

I don't get it! :confused:

If they could get answers out of them before, they can most certainly do it again! Somebody MUST make contact with The Muppets Studio--it's the ONLY way!
    dwayne1115 and muppetlover123 like this.
  17. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I agree, and I have tried on several attempts to get some answers. All I get however is "Check our Website Frequently", and "We do not have any plans for that releases at this time." If I knew the right people then I would make the call, or send the E-mail or even write the letter.
  18. Duke Remington

We need to go deeper and straight to the top, just as the insiders did in the past.
  19. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

They may no longer have the inside contacts they used to. The contacts they have may not be giving out any information at all. They can't force Disney to tell us anything if Disney's policy is to say nothing. Calling these people lazy, cowardly liars is, in my opinion, uncalled for.
  20. Duke Remington

I was only expressing my opinion! :grouchy: