1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

E-mail for Muppet Show DVD seasons 4 & 5

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by explorer801, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

And I'm expressing mine, which is that you were out of line there.

If you think that someone can just contact Disney and get info on those DVDs, by all means go for it. Be sure to let us know what you find out.

2. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I think we have to start over, and start to build our own relationships with Disney, Sesame, and Henson. There was a time when the relationship between fan and those companies where fairly good. It seems like that relationship has fallen to the way side, and is no longer there.
    I think that it can not be done on a personal level, but maybe as Muppet Central as a whole. I personally would love to be a part of it, but I would not know where to start.

Duke Remington likes this.
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Oh yes. Definitely. The only way we got information the last 2 times was that we had a contact that had a contact. We lost our contacts, who haven't posted in years. We haven't heard from Secret Squirrel (who used to give us real insider info on Muppet AND Sesame Street projects), and the Muppet Newsflash website hasn't been updated forever. We haven't had any contact from the contacts' contacts, and I'm sure those who own this site, Muppet Mindset, and Toughpigs don't know who the insider was. Heck, the fact we even got that information in the first place was miraculous.

Disney, and any company for that matter isn't going to simply divulge info to just anyone, owning a website or otherwise.

Duke Remington and Slackbot like this.
  4. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

We could start by coaxing Phillip Chapman into doing exactly that.

Maybe even start outcries to get SecretSquirrel, GelflingWaldo/The Muppet Newsflash, etc. to come out of their long-time siestas and resume getting info for us all. :D

I wonder why they stopped and decided to abandon us all anyway...

5. Duke Remington

I still wonder if a huge factor as to why the releases of Seasons 4 and 5 have been delayed could be because of The Muppets Studio focusing the majority of their time, money and resources on the two recent theatrical films.

If so, I hope that (and I know I could get pelted with tomatoes for saying this) once Muppets Most Wanted is completed, instead of starting on yet another theatrical film, they redirect their attention to releasing the remaining Muppet Show seasons and other vintage Muppet material like Muppets Tonight, the Tales from Muppetland specials, etc. on DVD; producing new viral videos; etc.

6. Drtooth

I honestly don't see why Disney doesn't release anything when a movie comes out. Some bull about how it's "confusing." I still call bull on not releasing Buzz Lightyear of Star Command when TS3 came out. And Toy Story is one of their staple franchises. It's like they want to pretend that show never existed... which sucks because it was a brilliant show.

7. dwayne1115

I don't even want to think why Disney would say that releasing the Muppet Show season sets near the new Movie release. Part of the main plot to the new movie is the Muppet Show, so how could that be confusing?

8. Duke Remington

Let's stop fighting amongst ourselves and start creating our relationships with the companies already!

muppetlover123 likes this.
  9. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

i agree

10. dwayne1115

Ok I am behind you 100%, and I think to start there needs to be an open letter construed. Something to the point, but kind. Then we need to start really gathering folks together and get the support to get this going.

11. dwayne1115

Sorry for double posting:
    I also think that trying to reach out to folks like Secret Squirrel and others would be a waste of time. They left for one reason or another, and I think they should not be bothered. If they came back on there own that would be great, but I would not count on it.

12. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

In the past year I think I've seen Ryan from The Muppet Mindset once say that he's had sources tell him things about the season four release. Can't remember what he said, where he said it, or if I'm misremembering something, though he said he wasn't allowed to reveal his source.

13. sethegame2002

sethegame2002 New Member

I am with you all, really hope after the movie we can finally get what all muppet fans want and that is season 4

SkeetScootSquat likes this.
  14. Drtooth

Well, saying they're going to release it before or after the film is out, unless they can pull it out in 2 months.

15. SkeetScootSquat

SkeetScootSquat Active Member

I cant help but think disney KNOWS they are torturing us.....

16. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

I e-mailed Disney about a week ago and this is their response. Not word by word, but a summary of what they said. Thank you for your interest for TMS S4 & 5, we don't have it on the horizon yet, but we will see what we can do. Basically Disney doesn't care. I don't get this! It's been a decade since Disney's owned the muppets, and I remember when I got the Season 1 Box-set. I was so glad, but back then the best we had were those 3 episodes on DVD from Tine-Life and Columbia Tri-Star. Then after 2008 and we had season 2 and season 3 I couldn't be more happy. Fast forward 6 years later and I literally want to go to Disney and slap whoever's in charge in the face. I mean if they're not going to bother releasing Season 4 or 5 then why'd they start making the box-sets? Don't get me wrong those season box-sets are the pride and joy of my DVD collection, but come on Disney, just put down boxset. Oh I feel a song coming on :p.
    Disney, you gotta put down the box sets
    Put Down the box sets (chorus)
    Put down the box sets if you want to see those sales come throughout
    You don't put it in a fire
    You don't put it on a rocket
    You don't give to Sprocket
    Disney put the box sets down
    Put down the box sets if you want to see those sales come through
    I hope you see this Disney and you put the box sets down.​

17. SkeetScootSquat

SkeetScootSquat Active Member

''Hums Muppet masters catchy tune'' oh, yeah,put down the box saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatss!!

18. sethegame2002

sethegame2002 New Member

Very well said Muppet Master, i will be right behind you to slap the guy in charge of Disney right after you lol. I just don't understand why they will not listen to us, i mean they have brought out new releases of Sesame Street and Fragile Rock which i am not against, that's fine but come on Disney lets continue the Muppet show DVD for us Muppet fans. I just hope that one day it will happen, Kermit always taught me to believe :)

19. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Yes even Walter who's Disney property wants it to happen, but now that I watch that plee video is Peter Linz performing Walter? Also maybe they were going to release it in 2010, but then came the 2011 film then MMW in 2012 then more MMW in 2013, and now it's 2014, so maybe they'll release it in 2015, so Disney you've gotta put down the box-set if you're reading this, maybe Columbia would've been better for the muppets.

20. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Disney does not own Fraggle Rock or Sesame Street, and therefore, were not the ones to release the DVDs