eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

hoopless

Reaction score
Hoopless, off topic I know but is your avatar a tatoo?
It most certainly is. Right in the middle of my left forearm where everyone can see it.

Rizzo can stand on his own. He may not need any kind of extra stand.

:stick_out_tongue:
True, he may not need one, but some kind of platform for him would be nice just to stick the plaque on that I'm assuming we'll still get. I was thinking more about when they get on to the Reporter Kermit in particular. I know "deal with the task at hand" but I figured i should put it out there early so eFX have time to think about it.

Thanks for responding muppetperson.

Nick22

Reaction score
i'm hoping for a stand. i rully want him to have one. i love having stands. and i will need somewhere to put the plaque, which i hope we will still get.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Each poser will come with a COA and numbered plaque. And, as Muppetperson has already informed you, the edition size is anticipated to be no more than 1,000 pieces of each muppet. This ensures that your purchase it truly limited and collectible.

We have not made any decisions about a stand yet. I will update you when we have more information.

And then the most difficult question of all is the price points. Unfortunately, this is a very complex issue. Prices in Asia have skyrocketed in the last year. Also, since we are limiting the edition size to a much smaller number than MR, the unit costs go up, not only in the production, but the amortization of the development and tooling costs. Another major cost is the minimum order quantity of the fabrics. We have to purchase a large quantity of fabric to get it dyed the correct color. This quantity is usually significantly more than what is needed for production. Unfortunately, in mass production, there is no "fabric warehouse" you can go and purchase off the shelf materials. Everything is custom. Also, due to the tough economy, even if we wanted to make a larger edition size to reduce the unit cost, a larger quantity may not sell through, thus leaving a significant inventory. As many of you know, that is not a very wise thing to do. Carrying inventory is very expensive. I am sure that you do not want to see the same poser on sale for half of what you paid for it when it was first released.

So, to answer (or not answer) that question, we do not know the prices yet. As you can see it is a complex balancing act!
Here again is Bryan's response on the Stand and plaque topics.
So whether there is or isnt a stand, we will still get a numbered plaque and COA.
you can always just rest the plaque on the floor at Rizzo's feet or you could make a plaque stand by cutting a wood block at 45 degrees and glue or nail a strip of wood at the base to stop the plaque from falling off it.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
They will have a stand for the plaque just like the X-wing I got from Efx. It is a metal stand that hold the plaque in it see:

Taylor

Reaction score
Hey muppetperson, do you know if efx are going to make the boxes for their muppets the same as MR's or at least similar. I know this is'nt that important but I deffinitly like items that I buy in a series to match. I can just picture fozzie and miss piggy with cartoony versions on their covers.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
News letter is going out...just got mine!

but it says that we have to wait on the next news letter to find out about Rizzo bummer.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Hey muppetperson, do you know if efx are going to make the boxes for their muppets the same as MR's or at least similar. I know this is'nt that important but I deffinitly like items that I buy in a series to match. I can just picture fozzie and miss piggy with cartoony versions on their covers.
I did ask if eFX were going to do a window box or coffin style like MR, and I was told that they havent addressed the packaging issue yet.A lot comes down as to how Disney want it designed to fit into their style.It could be simular, but then again, MR were looking at having a box for Fozzie that looked like one of the wooden crates that fell into the lake in "The Great Muppet Caper".
I guess we will have to wait and see what eFX do!

muppetperson

Reaction score
News letter is going out...just got mine!

but it says that we have to wait on the next news letter to find out about Rizzo bummer.
Hey! how did you get yours so quick? I havent got mine yet.
so if Rizzo's news is going in the following Newsletter, I wonder what the exciting news is?

karamazov80

Reaction score
That news about the price is disappointing, if not wholly unexpected. I can't imagine dropping more than $200 on one of these, but **** if I don't want a Fozzie.

statler salad

Reaction score
That news about the price is disappointing, if not wholly unexpected. I can't imagine dropping more than $200 on one of these, but **** if I don't want a Fozzie.
Can I ask what news about the price - did I miss a pricing announcement?