Electric Mayhem Shameless Plug Time

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Hi Ken! Thanks! It plasterd me to the wall as always!

You could not have done a better job with the set, it's like you took a shrink ray and srunk it from the Muppet show way back when, and your selling the set now!

also who brought the Kermit puppet to the fair?any muppet fan here? it's in tuesdays bit!

Zack)Rowlf the,Dog.

Ray H

Reaction score
How tall is it?

I cleaned off a toy shelf for when i get my muppets, but it's only 8 inches tall so i'm a little worried i won't beable to fit it in there. I might have to make some modifications to mine...

Again not to blow smoke, but it's really well done, it'll make nice center piece to the collection.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
WOWcka WOWcka WOWcka said the silly bear!!

What a site to see!!! Can't WAIT to get this stuff!!!!!!!

FOZ

FER SURE

Reaction score
I love the playset and it looks great, but I have to say one thing. The lights are just wrong. The flange around the edge isnt anything you would find on stage lighting. What would be there are "barn doors" 4 adjustable shingles to direct the beam of light. Also there are no cords and we all know lights can't work without power. The last thing would be that the truss looks warped and it is shinny. When it comes to theatre shinny is bad! The best thing about this set has to be all that attention to detail in the neon. It just is the best thing I have ever seen.

MM-III

Reaction score
I think it would be a mistake to look at the stage playset and start to critique it based on real-world functionality. Keep in mind that this is a playset based on a fantasy world. While it's technically true that a REAL stage would probably not have shiny metal bars, it's kinda irrelevant. The stage is meant to be an "idealized" representation of a rock stage, and therefore, the rules of the real world do not apply. Plus you have to ask yourself if these kinds of details are really going to diminish the play value for you or if it's just nitpicking...

I for one think the stage looks perfect as is and would also highly compliment the look of the neon lights. I do hope what Ken mentioned was true and they raise the neon sign a bit higher...

PS... As a side note about the lights, there are plenty of lighting systems for rock shows that do not use barn doors...

check out

http://www.vincentlighting.com/products/products.html

and scroll down to the theater fixtures category... I believe these are the lights meant to be represented in the stage playset.

to see what these lights look like in a typical show... check out the pictures here:

http://www.highend.com/news/kidrock.html

FER SURE

Reaction score
Your absolutely right! This is a playset which is based totally in the mind's eye. What I was doing was pointing out those inconsistencies with the real world. I am one of those annoying people that is a purist when it comes to things. My thing just happens to be technical theater. You are also correct that not all lights have barn doors. The last show I traveled with had them on only about 1/2 of their system. I miss-stated that sentence, that word should have been "might" and not "would". Considering all of this I still believe that the flange on those lights is at least, too big for the housing. What I do not agree with is your stating of my thoughts as irrelevant. I resent that. I also have to dispute your statement that the Kid Rock concert tour is a "typical" show, but that is a wholly separate issue for a completely different thread. I do realize that in my last post I came across as rather sanctimonious and rude. I apologize for that.

MM-III

Reaction score
I might have stated it poorly, but I did not mean that your opinions were irrelevant. What I was trying to say is that since the stage is a representation of a fantasy world, real world details were irrelevant.

Sorry for the confusion, did not mean to offend.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Three quick questions, Ken

One: what are the dimensions of the band stage playset? It looks bigger than 6 X 10 inches.

Two: is Floyd's mustache still getting a trim?

Three: how are the wilder hairs on Floyd, Animal, and Crazy Harry coming along?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Nathan

I can understand a little about the missing light cords, but that's pretty nit-picky. The lights don't turn on either, but that's not a big deal.

However, the truss is very much the color, style and shinyness of the original set pieces used in The Muppet Show, so I don't see much of a point there. Palisades is just being true to the source material. To critique the frame, you'd be critiquing the set designers of The Muppet Show. Besides - the Electric Mayhem has always been flashy. Just my thoughts.

Ken-

That will the the set to get! Not that I'm not going to get the other ones - of course I will!:smile: But this looks to be the fave of 2002. Well, I might take that back when the Swinetrek comes out. Nevermind. LOL!