Elmo annoying!? Not compared to THIS guy!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Convincing John said:
The voice adds a lot to the character, and to me, Joey Mazzarino overuses that same whiny, grating voice over and over again that sounds exactly the same with characters that immediately become annoying from the first syllable. Joey the Armadillo, Stinky the Stinkplant, Goggles, Bug from Elmo in Grouchland, Joey Monkey...it's all the same voice. I'm sure the elephant is no exception.
I do disagree on the grounds I think Joey is pretty talented, and I like the chemsetry between him and David, especially as the 2 Headed monster. But I agree that he has annoying whiney voices that are over used. The Elephant, I like to an extent, but the voice sounds nails on a chalk board.

Dave's (Golez) Elephant was great. And I really wish he could do MORE stuff for SS, but he was only there during a brief period in the 90's. I HATE HATE HATE Monster Clubhouse, but Marty's elephant really spoke to me...errr... I mean, not to me directly. Just the idea of it quoting skewed Shakepearian phrases was the only thing interresting about that skit.